Setting - Diphenhydramine and horror films

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by Orchid_Suspiria, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    As a huge horror fan I have taken notice that the two can compliment eachother but not always in a good way.Diphenhydramine has the feel of a horror film or a fever nightmare for that matter,just a waking real life one.The eerie audible hallucinations,some frightening visual ones,dark and disordered and unpleasant thoughts.It is an escape from reallity but not neccessarily to a beautiful unreallity.

Something can be very disturbing about the whole diphenhydramine experience even though I have taken notice that on rare occasions you do get some beauty out of the experience.I'm curious if anyone actually finds anything beautiful or insightful about the diphenhydramine or like SWIM do they find it rather frightening yet fun?It's abit like a funhouse for the mind.

2. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I saw Videodrome about a week after a diphenhydramine experience and vowed never to touch it again, he has stuck to that vow, everytime he thinks about it, he's reminded of the hands clawing at him from inside of the television. I wouldn't say "don't do it", but then I wouldn't say "don't slash at your neck with broken wine bottles", I would say: I wouldn't.

3. Orchid_Suspiria

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    I have always found experiences like that to be what makes diphenhydramine such an interesting way to spend ones time.

4. delphinen

delphinen Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from argentina
    Diphenhydramine makes me dream usually the thing I want to think about in the moment I close my eyes, and most of the times I like to think about beatiful aristocrat girls (dont read too much about this :p), most of the times it works... I dream they nicely smiling, very real and lovely, etc; sometimes I just slip out and dream about me typing in the computer, or some friend talking with me, etc; so yes, I definitely get a beatiful experience of Diphenhydramine dreams.

5. Orchid_Suspiria

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
  6. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hows about this then?

Watch those jumpy sudden type horror films whilst on diphen. Now THAT is scary.
    You don't even need a high dose. For those with low or no tolerance 75mg is enough to make you nervous. Heightened nervousness + Scary film = One shit-scared individual.

~Dark

7. AntiAimer

AntiAimer Newbie

Reputation Points:
  8. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Take more, then. I'm pretty certain you'll change your mind after popping about 600mg of the stuff.

I'm not telling you to by the way. It's your choice, your risk, your consequences and your ass.

9. delphinen

delphinen Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from argentina
  10. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's well-known that Set and Setting are very important to psychedelic and dissociative trips. I suspect they may be even more important when it comes to deliriants.

I have only tripped off diphen a couple of times, and that was really just to see what it was like (he knows how bad it is for him and doesn't do it anymore). He didn't have any freakout, but both experiences were somewhat nightmarish. On the other hand, both experiences were performed alone (there was a friend sleeping in the next room in case of emergency) and at night. He wonders if the experience would be different if done, say, during a bright and sunny day at the park while surrounded by friends who knew what he was up to and could keep him out of trouble.

He doesn't plan to try this himself, but would be amused to hear anyone else's stories of such.

ECL
    (Or the carnival... *smirk* )

11. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hmm.... I wouldn't advise Diphen use in public for three reasons:

1) You'd look like like a fool.
    2) You'd look like like a fool.
    3) You'd think I'd have noticed my syntax error by now now.

Nah in all seriousness, I think it would have a huge effect on the outcome of the experience. It's important to remember Diphen does not provide a "trip" as such. Remember, kids: It's a state of delerium.

I will try it though :)

12. AntiAimer

AntiAimer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes that's why it's SMURF. He has tested UP TO 800mg(32 pills x 25mg) with no effects other then being tired. But who knows what it would do to him now....since the same happen with DXM for him, now he actually gets some effects from it(DXM) with very very slight closed eye visuals. As for now, he hasn't wanted to test the substance again to see it's true powers. Smurf did find after trying to use it for a sleep aid sometime after(way less MGs), that it made him very very slightly horny instead of tired.

Smurf wasn't recommeneding anyone else to think the same without gradual experience with the substance, nor doseing as high. After all, it's supposed to be a dissociative. You could be in for a ride and maybe even a more crazy ride called death? Peeps should never underestimate any drug.

Smurf has found this phenomena only with legal OTC drugs, other then dose wise which he always needs more then the average peep. Every illegal drug he has taken, pretty much does exactly what it's supposed to do. (Meaning his experiences can relate to others) Very strange and frustrateing for him.

Peoples brain chemistys are truely different in alot of ways.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  13. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Um... You talking about DXM or Diphen?

Coz Diphenhydramine is most definitely NOT a dissociative. Just wanted to clarify. Diphen gives a horrible "dirty" experience (ie too many shitty side effects).

Just as an aside, DXM IMHO is the way to go if you really can't find some proper drugs.

14. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DXM and diphenhydramine are both processed by the same enzyme. Could be that Smurf is one of the strange-metabolizers William White mentions in the DXM FAQ.

Swim, on the other hand, gets consistent results with DXM and random results with DPL.

ECL

15. Johnnynapples

Johnnynapples Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Horror flicks on dip? Terrifying to the max! Not the way to go.
    Tried watching hell raiser " the movies" and let me tell you, never ever again... never..
    I'd stick with Pineapple Express or The Hangover " something funny"!
    Though they are funny movies, diphenhydramine will turn it into something demented, though still humorous in a sort of way!

16. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Shoot...diphenhydramine could turn The Exorcist into a comedy, or Iron Man into a Shakespearean play. Depending on the dosage, the movie one sees need not have any connection to the movie one is watching. :laugh:

ECL

17. stormchasar

stormchasar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Yeah. I will be alone this summer for a week so he plans to do it during the day. Doing it at night definitely makes it feel just like a horror movie, which is fun in its own way, but during the day it'd definitely be a lot "lighter".

18. themidnighttoker

themidnighttoker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Keep in mind most SWIMmers have visuals in darker places and/or at night. While You may still have some sort of 'trip,' the visual aspect of it may be missing entirely due to it being daytime and perhaps replaced with nothing but burning pupils (due to the mydriasis and bright daylight) and paranoia.

19. Mysturblack

Mysturblack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from earth
    I have been taking Diphenhydramine for years as a nighttime ritual. SWIM only takes a threshold dose, always hoping to hit a "sweet spot" and never wanting to overshoot the mark. The most common dosage to achieve this seems to be 175 mgs, and sometimes less...When it works just as SWIM hopes, he likes to focus on stimulating 1 to 2 senses at a time. Music, film, reading, critical thinking...these experiences can be pretty powerful...but SWIM watched a horror film a few times, and this allowed him to feel the kind of fear he experienced as a child, which was very exciting and terrifying. Its not something I could do every day...just once in a while. Diphen at the right dosage seems to allow SWIM to experience things for the first time again... maybe 1 out of 20 tries. otherwise, it just helps him sleep.

1. 3/5,
      SWIM was banned years ago, we speak in first person here. Please read and follow ALL rules you agreed to when you signed up
      Jul 2, 2015
    2. 3/5,
      please do not use swim, it is against the rules
      Jul 2, 2015