Dose - Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride stronger than Diphenhydrinate?

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by Lucid_Dreamer, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Lucid_Dreamer

Lucid_Dreamer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had been reading that Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride was supposedly stronger than Diphenhydrinate.

But I am starting to think otherwise.

SWIM's first time using Diphenhydrinate (Equate Motion Sickness Pills), he took 500mg. After an hour he was seeing people who were not really there, felt really heavy walking, the walls were breathing, SWIM's short term memory and concentration was shot to hell, SWIM also had the Diph "shakes", and the wood grain on the computer desk was swirling. SWIM's highest ever dose of Diphenhydrinate was 1500mg's. After taking this, I had no effects but felt really drunk. No delirium. SWIM's tolerance built up FAST. After 2 weeks, SWIM still couldn't the Diph to work.

Tonight, SWIM decided to see if he could make the previous trip happen again after not taking any allergy medicine for over 3 months. SWIM first took 700mg after reading a few trip reports in this forum and on www.erowid.org After an hour, I was feeling slightly drunk...Just EVER so slightly. Vision was a little blurry, and that was about it. After an hour and 45 minutes, SWIM decided to take 500 more mg.

SWIM's dose was now at 1200mg of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride.

It has now been 2 hours and 30 minutes since ingestion, and I feel NOTHING. Just slightly blurred vision, SLIGHT heaviness in legs when walking, and a little sedated, and that's it. SWIM's eyesight is fine, walls aren't breathing, no "shakes", but SWIM's heart rate increased a little bit. Nothing to be concerned about.

All I am wondering is how, after supposedly Diphenhydramine Hcl is supposed to be stronger than Diphenhydrinate, he can not feel a thing.

Also...earlier in the day, approximately 12 and a half hours ago, swim ingested 250mg of Propylhexedrine found in Benzedrex Inhalers. Could this possibly have anything to do with why I amn't feeling anything?

Any help will be appreciated.

EDIT: I have just informed me that the effects of the first pills he took are JUST NOW kicking in. Dots floating and appearing in front of his eyes and disappearing, waves of color just randomly showing up wherever he look, and EVERYTHING is alive. Like Breathing. Fuckin' crazy I say. SWIM's hearing also feels improved somewhat. Everything's kind of loud, drunk effect when he turns his head, and it's as if he can see through walls....like he just KNOWS what's behind them and the walls kinda go translucent.

I have also informed me he is starting to feel the body shakes about to start.

Thanks
    -Matt

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2007
  2. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride

Dude, you don't wanna go taking 1500mg's of Diphen! It's really REALLY not a good idea.

SWIM's experience of Diphen has never been consistent anyway. Now he just uses it to sleep. It's not a nice drug for SWIM anymore.

I recommend You doesn't do it frequently. Once a month, tops. As soon as any drug is taken in amounts/frequency that equates to "chronic, regular use", then you're in dangerous territory.

Be aware, be alive :)

EDIT: Your username... you achieve lucidity? I'm getting into it recently, and wondered if you're an enthusiast?

3. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Madre de Dios. That's well beyond any recommended dose, even for those who are crazy enough to enjoy deliriants. What You is doing is toxic.

All the recreational effects of diphen are related to its toxic effects. It may be that Swiy's body is in good enough shape to get rid of the chemical at a quick enough rate to avoid toxicity. It may be that You has allergies bad enough to use up most of what was taken. I dunno. But I don't recommend that amount.

Hell, I don't recommend more than 200mg. Tripping on diphen twice (once at 250mg and again at 500mg) was enough for him. No mas!

ECL

4. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I would say 200mg is a bit low, but it is probably safer.

5. Blue.. Like Water

Blue.. Like Water Newbie

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o
    I go for the 600 mg range but that's just him.

I wonder exactly why it is that practically everyone who uses this drug recreationally sees and talks to people who aren't there.

6. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england

I doubt You would get much at all from 200mg. I have done a few experimentations with diphenhydramine. First few times were all below 350mg and I didn't get many effects. At 350mg there was definite CEVs but fairly weak ones. A couple of years after the 350mg dose SWIM decided to try again and took 500mg followed by a further 150mg 90minutes later. He had the most realistic visual and audio hallucinations of his life. I have never tried diphenhydrinate but has always thought it was pretty much identical to diphenhydramine in both dose and effects.

7. The.KK

The.KK Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    Just to let you guys know, Matt also posts in another forum and he told us the exact same story and comes fromt he same state, so I'm pretty sure it's the same guy. And well, what happened is that he ended up in the ICU, apparently he almost died.

this is what he posted back

8. delphinen

delphinen Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from argentina
    Wow. Just wow. At first I thought I had read the guy died, but in a closer view, I could see the guy almost died, so I felt relieved.
    SWIM wonders if there is any drug that would help against the heart racing high doses of Diphenhydramine produces.

9. FlyingNinja

FlyingNinja Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Maine, U.S.A.
    That's still alot. One would have thought that the story above would sort of keep people locked down. One whole bottle of dramimine was enough for swim the 2 times he took it. No need to die over a bootleg psychedelic.

10. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    I don't think its very easy to die from diphenhydramine or diphenhydrinate.I have took some pretty massive doses and has read about others talking very large doses.It seems it would take alot of this stuff to be deadly.However massive doses might not make one dead,if that person has a low tolerance or hasn't tried it before they will be very uncomfortable and possibly terrified.As long as that person is getting their diphenhydramine from a safe source like benadryl or a generic they should be fine.It takes a relatively large does of diphenhydramine to get high so if someone is getting it from tylenol pm(acetaminophen and diphenhydramine),then they are being very dangerous and should stop immediately.

11. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It does seem to be difficult to kill one's self with diphenhydramine - but even a dose which doesn't kill one could do serious damage to one's body or mind. I doubt it's worth it.

Fwiw, I suspect dimenhydrinate to be more toxic than diphenhydramine because of the stimulant attached to it. But that's just a guess. I have heard that the hangover is much worse.

ECL

12. magicbus

magicbus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok so,

i just took Diphenhydramine for the first time i decided on simply sleep found at the local drugstore because it contains only Diphenhydramine. i took 250mg about half an hour ago and am still feeling normal if this persists ill take another 50 in 20 min and so on but yeah I hope to have a good experience and if anything happens ill post it!

magicbus added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

and by 50 i meant 50 mg not pills

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  13. Hover

Hover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There are but most are only available in a hospital setting. Other than that a short-acting benzo such as bromazepam could help.

Long ago Swim sometimes used diph's propensity to speed up the heart rate for extended periods of time to fake mild panic attacks which would invariably land him s script for benzos when he felt like it.

Hover added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Hopefully this did not land You in the ER?

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  14. magicbus

magicbus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok so no I did not land in the ER but thanks for the concern! but I took the 250 mg and felt nothing then 60 minutes later took 50mg and well lets put it this way I has never slept better! so I decided to not take diph for two weeks and then tried again this time taking 350mg and well I had fun it started with a slight blurring of the eyes so swim put on a few music videos and what an experience! I would highly recommend this! then swim watched a few tv shows and by that time I was hallucinating and was hearing echos all of which where good no bad trip experiences at all! except for mild shakes but they went away. so all in all it was good for swim but remember everyone is different so take it easy have fun and be safe!