Experiences - Diphenhydramine Not Working/No Effects

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by rige, Mar 19, 2007.

1. rige

rige Guest

Reputation Points:
    I took 200mg at 10:30. At 11:30 he still felt nothing, so I took another 100mg. At 12:30 there was still nothing, so he took another 50mg.

So 350mg, and I don't even feel tired. Did Swim do something wrong...should he of taken the whole dose at once instead? Is it possible he is 'immune' to this drug? I was really looking forward to this night, but it seems to be a dud.

Any ideas?

2. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Diphenhydramine doesn't work..?

He might be a fast metabolizer. Or he could have allergies that use up the diphen. I have noticed that diphen has no side effects (lethargy, dullness, delirium, etc) when his allergies are really bad.

It's certainly one of the most random drugs out there. I have had strong trips from 250mg and nothing at all from 500mg. It can be frustrating. That, coupled with its toxicity, makes me not like it much (except for its intended uses, at which it excels).

ECL

3. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  4. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o

Odd it is a very random drug.I have experiemented with it for years and only a couple times had a full blown trip with the reallistic dream like hallucinations people rave about,one of these times was just a few days ago.I think it entirely depends on mood,circumstance,tolerance,metabolism and things of that nature.Usually it makes me drowsy and he does get the faint bursts of colors and music takes on a very high quality,but true trips are a rare thing.

5. rige

rige Guest

Reputation Points:

Swim thanks you all for your replies :)

About an hour after posting here (which would be about 3.5 hours or so after injesting). Swim finally felt some mild-drunken effects. Swim never had visual hallucinations, though he thinks he might of heard some sounds that weren't there.

The next day while I was walking to class he started having weird muscle spasms in his legs and stomach area. It casued swim to almost fall a couple times lol.

I don't think he's going to be trying this drug again for a long time.

6. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

350mg is a fairly low dose for Diphen's deleriant properties to fully take effect. I wouldn't recommend any higher though.

In actual fact I wouldn't recommend this drug at all, anymore.
    DXM has a much better trip, and it's more controllable and interesting. It's also easier on the body (well it feels like it is) and the LD50 isn't very close to the recreational dose, whereas I get the feeling that every Diphen binge is "one life gone, 8 to go..."

7. Gozaggss

Gozaggss Newbie

Reputation Points:

I recently had the same issue. Diphen is currently one of my favorite drugs due to it's availability. just earlier this week I had aHUGE trip off of only 275mgs. then just last night, i did the same. and next to nothing happened. very random drug.

8. Orchid_Suspiria

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o

I wouldn't call it a favorite but it is certainly available.It does have a randomness to it.Sometimes it will grant a fullblown trip other times nothing..

9. chunky funky basslines

chunky funky basslines Newbie

Reputation Points:

I am still unsure of this, its not really that pleasant, the visuals can be nice, but only really good ones in perifieral vision, cartoon likeness etc.

visuals lacking colour were there but only if swim concentrated hard on an object for a while.

10. Gozaggss

Gozaggss Newbie

Reputation Points:

it's definatly a drug not for the weak or high strung. I have tripped off of acid and has experimented with many other deliriants but Diphen is swims fav (next to lsd of course) because it is a very strong drug but not too strong that swim can't handle it or get too scared. swim's friends have tried diphen and hated it because they got too scared. the fact that it may be magical only sometimes will no discourage swim.

11. doper_hero

doper_hero Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Not getting Diphenhydramine Effects

I have done Benadryl numerous times.

The first time was fun: I saw black dots flying around and he could make things disappear from his vision. It was around 350 mg.

The most recent time: I felt naseaus and horrible. Had zip hallucinations and it was the same dose pretty much. He felt sick all day.

Every time I do it, his experience gets worse and worse. Does anyone else have this? Why is this happening.

His most recent trip left him never wanting to do it again.

12. chrisn

chrisn Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: What happened to good old Benadryl?

How often has You been partaking? Diphenhydramine (which is what I assume you mean by Benedryl, as it can contain different chemicals in different countries), builds a tolerance quite fast, so repeated usage might reduce the psychoactive effects, and possibly not the physical effects. Give it a few months before You tries it again.

My dragon tried diphenhydramine four times in the span of a month or two. The latter two experiences were notably short-lived, coming down to baseline in two hours, despite dosing up to 500mg.

13. natevines

natevines Newbie

Reputation Points:
    73 y/o from U.S.A.
    Diphenhydramine didn't work!

Disappointed. It's 3:30 now here and I can't get to sleep...
    Never done benadryl before, but I popped 9 caps (25 mgs) 3 hours ago, then about an hour and a half ago i popped another 6. I felt a LITTLE funky before, but at no point did I even have anything close to a trip...
    I ate inbetween the 9 pills and the other six. I ate like 20 mins after I popped the initial pills. From what I'm reading here, the 9 should've worked alone. They're gelcaps, but are they gonna kick in? It definitely shouldn't take this long! What did I do wrong?

1. 3/5,
      Double-check the non incrimination rule before starting another thread, please.
      Dec 20, 2007
  14. natevines

natevines Newbie

Reputation Points:
    73 y/o from U.S.A.
    Re: Diphenhydramine didn't work!

Wow, I can't get to sleep either. I'm more awake than ever, thought I would be getting tired...

15. kakakaka

kakakaka Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Works out at 375mg of Diphenhydramine. I took 400mg his first time and never felt much either and couldnt sleep at all exp since he had terrible irritable leg syndrome.

Maybe the dose was not strong enough for someone who isnt you. My sure that you wouldnt be silly enough to incriminate yourself.

You could raise the dosage, but remember to be very carefull with deleriants, there not a legal version or acid/shrooms and can be very dangerous, unless walking out onto a busy road is your sence of fun.

16. natevines

natevines Newbie

Reputation Points:
    73 y/o from U.S.A.

Yeah, well what did You do the next time? 375 seems like a high enough dose since swim read of others tripping at 150...
    My a little hesitant to experiment with more than 375. Maybe I should try a similar dosage again?

17. kakakaka

kakakaka Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Different people have different tolerances to drugs. Swim never took diphenhydramine a second time as of yet as he is still working his way through other drugs to try.

If You doesnt feel safe taking anymore then simply dont do it. Never take something if it doesnt feel right, its your own life thats in danger. If You wants to try it again then take the same dosage again to see if the effects are different, as it can be a hit or miss with Diphenhydramine.

If nothing happens still, maybe You has a higher tolerance and You could work up slowly maybe only an extra pill or two if they want to get a desired effect. Again tho, only if they feel completely safe about doing so.

Go over to erowid.com or just browse this forum and read up about diphenhydramine if You hasnt already, its full of trip reports and dosages people have taken. Always read up about a drug before consuming it, know exactly what is going to happen, expecially in the case of a deleriant.

18. Orchid_Suspiria

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o

With diphenhydramine sometimes it is a matter of luck.The weird bodyload,strange thought process,and audible hallucinations are pretty much guarunteed.However the visual hallucinations and delirium do not always happen.It has alot to do with mindstate,I has found that smoking cannabis can add to the experience and make true hallucinations more possible.Be very careful!A true diphenhydramine trip can be a very interesting but at times very frightening experience.

19. natevines

natevines Newbie

Reputation Points:
    73 y/o from U.S.A.

Thanks for the help boys

Anyhow, I took a full box (600 MGs) a couple of hours ago and feels a little strange once again (woozy). Swim also keeps walking into objects! Other than that, I was wondering if I should do it again maybe with an even HIGHER dose this time?

20. Lucid_Dreamer

Lucid_Dreamer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

STOP!! Purge your system right now. You have no idea what you are getting yourself into.

600mg is a strong enough dose to send you into complete delirium in which you can NOT control your body, your thoughts, or your movements. It is dangerous. Diphenhydramine alone is dangerous.

I recently took a starter dose of 700mg and nothing happened to me for 5 hours. Then I decided...hey...why not take 500 more mg. Within 2o minutes after I ingested the next 500mg, the first 700mg kicked in and I threw up and the other 500mg came back up. I ended up in the hospital for 2 days with delirium not knowing where I was at. I had an electrolyte imbalance, my heart rate was at 220bpm, and my heart almost exploded because it was beting so fast and hard.

PLEASE!! For me and the ones who love you, THROW THEM UP NOW! Don't tell you, I want YOU to throw them up.

If you value your life more than you do tripping on some fucking allergy medicine, then you will do it.

-Matt

Tags: