Diphenhydramine to DXM

Discussion in 'DXM' started by JKLJKLJKL, Feb 12, 2007.

1. JKLJKLJKL

JKLJKLJKL Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Right, I have used diphenhydramine a few times, though not lots of it. onyl around 250mg or so, and has had very some mildish trips on it - vision distortions, things like posters appear to be moving and my bedspread moving like an ocean wave. could have been a bit more than 250mg but thats it approximetly. Anyway I want to try DXM and I am looking for something a bit more intense than what I have already had on diphenhydramine so far. So... I have found the only product he can seem to locally which is Benylin Non Drowsy Dry Cough, which unfortunatly onyl has 220mg of DXM per bottle in it. So how much do you suggest? I have tripped on other substances other than diphenhydramine before, so I amn't worried about not knowing what its like.

thankyou in advance.

2. Schwag

Schwag Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    220mg would actually be a decent place to start in swim's opinion. After that, swiy'll be familiar with it and then can play around with it until finding a dose that's best for swiy. Looking at the ingredients on the internet Benylin Non Drowsy Dry Cough seems to have DXM listed as the only active ingredient, so You is safe there. I started even lower, at 115mg and still enjoyed himself. He said 115mg was sort of like being a little stoned but in an alcoholic sort of way... hard to explain.

3. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am pretty sure that Benylin Dry Cough (Non-Drowsy) only contains DXM as an active ingredient. Can You verify this for SWIU? If it only contains DXM, You could take ~60 mg of it to see if s/he is one of the few who is very sensitive to the drug. If You didn't have any adverse reactions, they could try a higher dose. You might want to take 25-50 mg of diphenhydramine about 30 minutes before dosing DXM because some people experience nausea and the "robo itch." You should experiment with a low dose before trying to reach one of the higher "plateaus." A good starting dose might be 150-200 mgs, increasing you's dose by 100 mg each experience thereafter if s/he was comfortable and wanted to experience the drug in higher doses.

4. JKLJKLJKL

JKLJKLJKL Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    yep SWIM checked the active ingredients etc, thank You for advice, I will start with 220 and work up on different occasions to see. Cheers.

5. JKLJKLJKL

JKLJKLJKL Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I will start with 220, just because it will be simpler - that will be the whole bottle as its only 7.5mg per 5ml and there is 150 ml per bottle. SWIM shall try maybe a quarter of the bottle first to see if he is overly sensitive etc to it.

6. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Some people won't metabolize DXM very well (because of a CYP2D6 deficiency). This is why SWIM strongly recommends that You tests him/herself with a dose slightly above that which is medically recommended.

Schwartz, RH (2005). "Adolescent abuse of dextromethorphan". Clinical Pediatrics 44 (7): 565-568. PMID 16151560.

7. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes as others siad, start small, and if You likes it, work your way up to a dose You can be comfortable with.

8. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM personally just likes taking the recommended dose of diphenhydramine before ingesting DXM. It keeps the nausea pretty low, and that way it also doesn't interfere with the DXM trip.

Although it would probably make it much trippier.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  9. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I agree with the first statement, but must disagree with the second based on my observations of Swim's experiments with DXM. More than 50mg of diphenhydramine with 400mg of DXM or more has led to vomiting several times. The two do not mix well in his experience, except at normal, recommended doses of diphen.

Anyway, he thinks DXM is a much better trip and knows that it is much less harmful. DXM is not harmless, but diphenhydramine trips are just one step up from huffing paint thinner.

Besides, who would want that much dehydration? Both are bad enough on their own. *smirk*

ECL