1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Diphenidine (1,2-diphenylethylpiperidine) drug info

Discussion in 'Dissociative RC's' started by GentlemanTom, Mar 28, 2013.

1. GentlemanTom

GentlemanTom Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Can anyone add information about:

names / synonyms
    dose
    duration
    side effects
    legal status
    have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    since when has this research chemical been available?
    stability of the molecule / compound

[​IMG]

Names: Diphenidine, DND, 1,2-DEP, 1,2-diphenylethylpiperidine
    Formula: C19H23N
    Mol. mass: 265,39
    Appearance: 1st quarter of 2013

Dose:
    60 mg insufflation - weak
    100 mg orally - weak-medium
    150 mg orally - very strong

Diphenidine is a new research chemical which appeared at first quarter of 2013. Vendors claim that due to the nature of chemical structure, substance should be comparable to other NMDA antagonists such as ketamine. It‘s also said that Diphenidine acts as an antagonist at the NMDA receptor and as dopamine reuptake inhibitor.

There are several reports of its effects. Here‘s short summary of them:
    60 mg insufflated gave a high similar to pre-hole MXE doses, with a mood lift and glow lasting for 3 hours. Other user compared 60 mg (insufflated) with low doses of MXE and 3-meo-PCP. While another user was interested with the dissociative effects, but claimed that they are really different from other hexylamines, lacks the introspection, fragmented thoughts. Lastly, while 100mg orally was mentioned as weak experience, 150 mg orally was described as “journey to Jupiter and beyond”.

And several random notices:
    Onset usually takes 30-60 minutes. Increases heartrate. Lacks the pleasant dopamine rush that several other dissociatives have. Oral route is recommended. Trip sitter recommended, as compound erases memory at doses above 150 mg. Less physically disabling than methoxetamine. ​

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. davestate

davestate Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I requested a paper on this compound a week or so ago and forgot to make the thread, thanks to Neurochi for the upload and Dorian for the thread:

NMDA receptor affinities of 1,2-diphenylethylamine and 1-(1,2-diphenylethyl) piperidine enantiomers and of related compounds
    Abstract:
    We resolved 1,2-diphenylethylamine (DPEA) into its (S)- and (R)-enantiomer and used them as precursors for synthesis of (S)- and (R)-1-(1,2-diphenylethyl)piperidine, flexible homeomorphs of the NMDA channel blocker MK-801. We also describe the synthesis of the dicyclohexyl analogues of DPEA. These and related compounds were tested as inhibitors of [3H]MK-801 binding to rat brain membranes. Stereospecificity ranged between factors of 0.5 and 50. Some blockers exhibited stereospecific sensitivity to the modulator spermine. Our results may help to elucidate in more detail the NMDA channel pharmacophore.

3. Xhao

Xhao Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Quick bit of info..

Snakes Very experienced with dissos, knows his stuff
    He Did 1 100mg bomb oral recently
    Definitely dissociative, but feels nothing like any other disos ( not even near to mxe or k says the snake, more 4-MEO-PCP if anything atall - but has a very unique feel )

Also, although snake does have tolerances to many chems, not particularly dissos atm, 100mg was a light dose for him.
    Oh and its been available for a month or 2 from some uk vendors as far as he knows.

Snake will try again at higher dose at some point i expect

Hope this helps

4. Xhao

Xhao Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Come up around one hour, duration 4 - 6 with aftereffects of maybe 3 or so further hours ( not a bad feeling really, but still acting strange im told)

As far as the feeling effects its real hard.. having sampled most chems out there as i said closest has gota be 4-meo-pcps little brother at this dose..
    Familiar ear ringing of a disso,mild euphoria, acting 'bouncy' im told, making not much sense, no hallucinations or even CEVs.
    The observer could probably not tell the difference from someone on this to another disso however the users experience and feel is totally different to any other disso, not worth it at 100mg imo but perhaps 150 - 200 will provide some CEV/ hallucinations and more disassociation. ( if its possible id be interested to see what a 'hole' experiance would be like )
    Worth exploration if your that way inclined and have the time..

5. clubcard

clubcard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Diphenidine

Has anyone else noticed that diphenidine is out of European patent 0346791?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
  6. clubcard

clubcard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Diphenidine

I just hopes some with knowledge in the field could help me (a non-chemist) why this molecule (that looks nohing like PCP) is active - and it it, I tried it.

7. clubcard

clubcard Newbie

Reputation Points:

There are some x10 derivatives (x10 AH in potency) also out of patent (again - similar to AH)

8. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:

Did you in fact try this stuff out? You are very unclear.

Please make your posts more then one line that do not say anything. Please use whole words, not abbreviations.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
  9. Xhao

Xhao Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It is active, it is simliliar in EFFECT to 4-meo-pcp IMO but much less potent, i dont believe it is in fact related to 4-meo-pcp .. i was just trying to give the closest comparison effects wise ( and even then as i said, it is still very unique, weak 4-meo-pcp effects are just the closest i would compare it to...

10. mecink

mecink Newbie

Reputation Points:

May I ask you what does it mean? Is this chemical legal status unscheduled? I would research further on it before experimenting but I didn't find so much infos on it...

11. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I was meant to be on a break from everything but this seemed to intriguing to pass by.

Height/Weight: 180cm 77kg

ROA: Insufflation (will definitely try it orally next time its horrible to snort)
    Dosage: 750-800mg over maybe a day no idea due to the resultant effects

Previous drugs/medication in past 24hours: None
    Previous dissociatives experience: Ketamine, DXM, Tiletamine, 3-MeO-PCP, 4-MeO-PCP, 3-MeO-PCE, 3-MeO-PCPy, 3-MeO-PCPr, Methoxetamine, 2-MeO-Ketamine, N-Ethylketamine (All insufflated except DXM, with ketamine, 3-MeO-PCE and 4-MeO-PCP also being tried IM,)
    Other drug experience: 150ish substances - opiates, benzos, trips, stims, deliriants, ethnobotanicals etc

My trip:
    I started with 50mg line which didn't do too much other than really hurt my face. So did another 50mg line and felt a nice K-esque but with a DXM edge high wash over me. Then I am not really sure what happened. I know I watched some films for a bit and was feeling pretty good but within 12hours or so i had done almost the whole gram. I apparently went pretty much insane. I kept my mate up until 4 or 5 in the morning talking complete gibberish. I do remember then being in bed having sniffed another 100-150mg and a feeling took over me akin to how I would imagine being abducted by aliens or being sucked into heaven during the rapture or maybe being 'beamed up by Scotty'. Every atom in my body seemed to start vibrating at the exact frequency in which I could leave the confines of my solid body and be taken away to wherever there was. I remember thinking/slurring 'take me with you' but no sooner had this started to happen I suddenly completely sobered up.

My mate was very annoyed and said it was like I was sleep walking having had someone drop 10 tabs of acid into my mouth while asleep. I managed not to mess my room up other than for some reason there was tooth paste everywhere, all over the bathroom walls, shower and my t shirt and shorts fuck knows why. I seemed to have hugely overshot the mark and whilst that would be all good with ketamine or the like it wasn't with this. As whilst I am sure I did likely 'hole' for a while I definitely then came too enough to act out whatever was going on in my head. It was unlike any of the others I have done at this retardedly high dose but is what I guess PCP would be like. This was confirmed when my mate did it the next day and had an even stronger, worse reaction to it.

Friend's trip:
    He came in a little drunk but insisted on getting a bit messed up. He had of course seen what it did to me so I gave him a 40mg line which he at first loved other than the way it sets your head alight with chemical burn. He did another line of similar size an hour or so later then half hour after that bombed around 50mg. All of a sudden he became completely catatonic. Totally unresponsive to any external stimuli much much worse than someone k holing. He didn't move, his eyes stayed fixed and focused, didn't make a sound only tensed his arms. This went on for an hour or 2 with me constantly trying to get him to say something back to make sure he was fine. His breathing and pulse and colour and eyes were all totally fine, but the lights were on but there definitely wasn't anyone at home. We started getting pretty worried because of the length of time he was so out of it. Have seen people in worse appearing states on ketamine but then it only lasts an hour.

When he finally began to come round it still took another 2 hours to get him to stand up and get him upstairs. His speech very slowly returned over this time taking most of the 2 hours before he could respond with full sentences. This is when it all went tits up. As we were leading him to his head he kept trying to run downstairs. By this point we were all tired and really wanted to go to bed since it was so late at night but we battled for the next hour to get him to his bed with his going insane. He turned into a different person trying to hit me and another friend in the face, head butting us and saying he would kill us. We had to essentially pin him down for a further hour until he tired himself out. No one got hurt and I checked on him every 10mins for the next hour by which time he was totally fine other than not remembering a single thing.

It seems this would be fine only if bombed and definitely not redosed. It messed up both up in a very scary way although we did both have some mind blowing amazing effects but these were totally overshadowed by the severe states we got ourselves in. It is a lot darker than ketamine, I found it even eviler than 1000mg of DXM (I hate DXM) but at least we both felt totally fine the next day. So for anyone trying it be real careful, do it sober, do it with someone else, despite the lower potency this is not one to be taken lightly.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  12. Szandbwoy

Szandbwoy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Some good information here guys, I'm very keen to read about this substance as I expect to be trying it very soon. Buying a gram of powder is my plan, but the vendor also says they will also soon be selling Diphenidine pellets too. Not sure what strength they'd be selling pellets in, but suppose we'll see.

13. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Have done it since orally which is much much much better. I took a bomb of around 100mg then 2 hours later another of around 125mg which seemed just right. Takes a while to get going but is pretty cool once it does. A happy medium between K and DXM in duration and effects. More K like than DXM thankfully. Definitely will be doing it again.

14. Boltzmann

Boltzmann Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Notice that it is structurally related to MT-45.

MT-45
    [​IMG]

Diphenidine
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. pcp saved my life

pcp saved my life Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Has anyone tried injecting this?

16. captn cucumber

captn cucumber Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    hey guys... So first trip report here don't know where to post been with the site for a good 4 years maybe, I’m an aussie arrived in london at the very begining of the whole mephedrone epidemic.

26 years old, medium body, done every drug you and I’ve ever heard of and some i stil have no idea what they were e.g. i boiled a trumpet shaped flour in some milk once before my graduation… my mate said it “sounds” pretty cool and it turned out to be…………………………..datura. i still managed to make the graduation but spent the next three days short sited blind, psychotic and very envious of my brothers guitar playing skills (he plays keyboard).

in a nut shell k is my thing… i love all dissociatives but a bag of s-isomer k my bedroom and a very warm duvet in which will spend the next 6 hours acting as my cave that i float through on my magic
    k-arpet

my 500 mg package of dephenidine arrived in the mail, and the past 5 days went a little something like this

day1:

10: pm 5mg oral (allergy test) nothing but a strange taste on the tongue best way to describe is a slightly acidic/overly bitter taste (kinda like the days when you’ve run out of toothpaste and all thats left in the house is bicarb soda) this may seem a little odd but if you can get past the taste its actually a very effective type of toothpaste)

…….waiting waiting waiting... nothing… (i hate the allergy test day… but understand its importance ever since my first bag of mdpv which i was told was just like a pretty strong meph)

day 2:

6:am wake up as i was planning on losing no time had a rooibos tea and 40 mg insulated. this lead to nothing but a sore nose and maybe a slight 20 minute little itty bitty tingle of what i remember the come up of 5mg’s of 3-meo-pcp orally with a little confusion
    (honestly I’m putting it down to 20 mins of what I’m 76% sure was nothing but complete and utter placebo possibly due to the roibos tea).

10:am 60 mg bombed…. turns out that placebo might have been a little summtin’ summation as i was getting increasingly tingly for about 45 mins from 10:45 am in which i peaked for 20 mins and to be honest it was absolutely nothing special just tingles although i do forget roughly 6 hours of the day….?

day 3:

7:00 wake up i rectally plugged 85 mg with a dog feeding syringe. from this i got the whole tinker bell dust/slight itchiness in my brain kinda thing you get from that exact moment when you realised you’ve over done it with the 3-meo pcp …. if anything it kinda just reminded me of, the very tail end of when i once I’M'd 100mg of mxe (i grew a very fast tolerance to this lovely chem)

I’m sure theres some of you that can relate to my experience in the early days of mxe 20-30 mg snuffed had me in my room peeking out my window at all the helicopters flying around and th fire truck that had pulled up next door only to wake up the next day 70% sure it all did happen but as the week goes on the statistic seems to turn to 96% sure it never actually happened (keeping in mind 84% of statistics are made up on the spot).

day 4:……… 80mg I’M’D… little rush nothing spastic although i only did it 3 hours ago, wrote this report in 20….. maybe 20 - 1h 45 mins and my washing hanger is actually a very comfortable looking man reading todays news paper with his legs crossed…. thing s its 3:30 in the morning and its defiantly not a man it is my washing

thats my trip word for word…. i have forgotten a lot of whats going on around me but have completely kept it together as in absolutely functional…

**** edit *** it is now 12:00 pm and i have just got back from filming profile shots of some “less appreciatd workers around london”e.g. firemen, policemen, street cleaners and ambulances.

i don’t know why i went out to do it or how the idea came to me but it is as it is and the footage is quite good….. this is the strangest experience i’ve ever had in my life

17. krookie

krookie Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o
    i wish i could find a vendor for this sweet little chemical, how does it compare to ketamine?

18. captn cucumber

captn cucumber Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o

haha it's probably the same.... but i have no recolection of the intense moments... like all of a sudden i was fine then i was thinking "iI HAVE TO GET MY CAMERA OUT AND FILM THE PEOPLE THAT CLEAN UP THE STREET" AND ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS DOING IT... IM GOING TO TRY WITH 60MG IM'D Today with a psotter to see exactly what goes on

captn cucumber added 2 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

also my injection sited are really sore... probably cause for it to dissolve i had to heat t up and it was still hot when i injected "stupid mistake i know but it just plumb forgot"

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  19. Subvert

Subvert Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I IV'd, snorted, plugged and bombed this and found oral was the best route.

20. JayPee

JayPee Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Hi, this is an experience report, but there doesn't appear to be an experience thread for this compound yet. Sorry that it is so long, but my experience was cumulative and continuing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I take medication for bipolar 2 disorder (1500mg sodium valproate [500mg morning, 1000mg afternoon], 10mg escitalopram daily) so please take this into consideration with any of the effects described. There is no knowing whether my meds increase or decrease the effects of diphenidine.

I am sorry that I don’t have exact times noted, but I wasn’t intending on writing a trip report. It has only been the enduring positive effect that this compound has had that has prompted me to do so.

Day 1: Allergy test consisting of a little scoop of powder orally (maybe 5mg?). After 20-30 minutes I notice a slight haziness - nothing earth shattering, but an indicator that I need to proceed slowly with this substance. After about 90 minutes I decide to try 40mg orally in a gel cap. Based on the reports that I’ve seen around the web this appears to be a lowish dose that shouldn’t cause any major freakouts. Approx 20 minutes in I can feel some effects - like a kind of drunkenness - then after around 45 minutes I can feel some light dissociation. The feeling is familiar, but different from MXE. I consider MXE to be more pure, clear and “silver”, while diphenidine is warmer and “yellow”. I don’t recall how long the experience lasted, but I did take 1g etizolam to ensure that I got off to sleep (my big problem wit MXE was that it would keep me up, so I didn’t want to take the chance). Awoke the next morning after an amazingly sexual dream. “Wow - I hope this is a common theme” I think to myself.

Day 2: Drug free.

Day 3: Late afternoon 50mg orally in a gel cap. Same effects as previous. The experience is nice at this dose because I am able to competently accomplish tasks. In fact, repetitive computer work is easier to endure because I can just stare at the screen and do it. One of the things that attracted me to diphenidine were the reports that mentioned that the drug cuts out “brain chatter”, which is something that I have an abundance of (remember - bipolar). After a couple of hours I redosed at approx 70mg orally in gel cap. This hit me a lot quicker and harder. At higher doses the effect appears to approach in waves, and as a particularly strong wave hit me I made an instant decision to leave my computer and go to bed where I felt safer. I read for a while and decided again to take 1mg of etizolam to aid sleep and to hopefully bring on another sexy dream. (Alas my luck was not good this time!)

Day 4: Late morning I go in for a 70mg dose, orally in gel cap. The effects are more or less the same and I suspect that tolerance may build up quickly with this compound. A few hours later I take 80mg (orally, gel cap), and it’s a similar story - not that much stronger than the doses from a few days ago, so I decide to give it a rest. After the effects have worn off (and when they do, it happens fairly quickly) I had a pleasant light afterglow which was serene and sober. There was no chance of getting angry, the world felt good.

For whatever reason, later that evening I decided to take another dose. This time between 90-100mg, orally in a gel cap. The effects came back quickly and although I was obviously stoned I was still able to be active on my computer. The dissociation was much stronger now, and at times would accelerate for a brief period and I would come-too, realising that I had been staring into space. As time progressed I became more and more dissociated. Music was irritating due to its complexity - I could only put up with some drone, but that was about it. Then an extremely strong wave of dissociation hit me. I lost complete focus, and had strong tunnel vision. Time to get to bed. Sound was now extremely distorted, with a distinct “tinnitus” flavour. As I got onto the bed the sheets felt and sounded as if they were made out of thin paper. I turned my pillow over and the rustling was extremely loud. I laid on my stomach as the effects increased dramatically - this was probably due to an accumulation of the drug...? My heart rate went sky high, but then I decided to just ride it out and just go with it. I turned over to my back and the bed felt as if it was forming a large cup around me. My body felt like a pair of twisted stockings - not a bad thing (reminiscent of when I got a big dose of nitrous oxide at the orthodontist when I was a kid). Open eye visuals appeared - a large dark red blob that I welcomed as an old friend. The bed was now rotating quickly, but fortunately this did not make me nauseas. As this continued it physically felt as if my body was being pulled up a roller coaster hill.

Most of what follows only exists faintly in my mind as if it were a dream. I am guessing this is due to diphenidine’s action on the NMDA receptor which controls memory function. There was a lot of dark green and I was communicating in a stream of consciousness way with the blobs in front of me. I could hear African chanting along with drumming. The conversation appeared to be about getting me through this experience. Characters (in the form of vague shadowy colours and voices) from the TV series ER emerged and were assisting with the event (this I can explain - I had been watching ER DVDs with my wife over the last few days). It was almost as if this was a journey that I had to take - or perhaps even a birth.

I have a memory of suddenly being in the downstairs toilet, then making my way upstairs. I felt incredibly light on my feet - almost no gravity. I stopped by my computer, felt a massive wave hit me and scampered to the bedroom again. I was back in the other universe. The room felt as if it was filled with sponge. I don’t know how long any of this lasted, but suddenly I was spat out of the void and onto my bed as if squeezed out of a sponge chute - plop! I looked around myself in amazement and has a quiet chuckle. That was fucking fantastic! Although still quite high, I was now very lucid and the feeling was exhilarating, as if I had just finished a bunjee jump. I was extremely happy - I don’t want to use the word “euphoric” because people usually associate that word with MDMA and this was a different feeling altogether. Think “pleased ultimately” and you are close. My wife stirred in bed and I couldn’t wait to tell her all about it. My mind was clear, fresh and I has boundless energy (this was now about 2am). There was no chance of sleep, so I went to my computer, came back to bed at 4am and took 2mg of etizolam.

Day 5: I feel magnificent. Extremely positive, peaceful, nothing is a problem. I shop with my my wife for food on a Sunday (something I hate doing on a weekend). Everything is calm, and happy. I don’t take any drugs. Go to sleep at 1am, then wake up at 3am with boundless energy. Hmm... could be getting a little manic. Eventually go back to bed and sleep.

Day 6: Wake up and I still feel superb. I have work today (afternoon / evening) and feel nervous for a lot of the afternoon (this is normal for me though, and the nervousness disappears at 7.30). I arrive home happy.
    Nod off tired at 12am, then spring to life two hours later completely refreshed. After a while I know that sleep won’t happen, so I go off to do things, have breakfast at 4am, get to bed at 6.30am and sleep until 12noon.

Day 7: Wake at noon feeling completely refreshed and positive. I feel a little light in the head, but I cannot believe my good mood. This is not a “false” MDMA type euphoria, this is genuine happiness with life. I genuinely feel as if my mind has been flushed of all traces of negativity. Go to work for the afternoon / evening, get home and start typing this. I am still positive, happy and thankful of my experience. I don’t know how long this feeling will last, and I am almost sure that it is something to do with my bipolar disorder and/or my meds, but something has definitely changed for the better. I suspect that I have been pushed into a hypomanic phase, but without the usual racing thoughts and irritability. This would certainly explain the continuing energy and lack of a need for sleep.

I will update this report when my mood changes - or if a rebound depression begins (!)