Drug info - Diphenyl-2-Pyrrolidinyl-Methanol (diphenyl prolinol)

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by RIKECHE, Feb 15, 2007.

1. RIKECHE

RIKECHE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Please post info about Diphenyl-2-Pyrrolidinyl-Methanol here.
    Can anyone add information about:

* names / synonyms
    * molecule
    * dose
    * duration
    * side effects
    * have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    * legal status
    * stability of the molecule / compound

Experiences with Diphenyl-2-Pyrrolidinyl-Methanol should be posted here: Diphenyl-2-Pyrrolidinyl-Methanol (diphenylprolinol) trip reports
    These documents about diphenylprolinol are in the file archive
    Also see this thread:
    'Herbal' High Neuroblast turns out to contain diphenyl-2-pyrrolidinyl-methanol

Hospitalisations have been reported.

(R)(+)-Diphenyl-2-Pyrrolidinyl-Methanol

How do the effects of this compare to cocaine?

More info would be nice also THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2007
  2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Re: Diphenyl-2-Pyrrolidinyl-Methanol

https://drugs-forum.com/chemistry/chemistry/pyrrolidinyl.html

And also:
    Names: Diphenyl-2-Pyrrolidinyl-Methanol, D2PM, diphenyl prolinol, Neuroblast

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  3. RIKECHE

RIKECHE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o

Thank you so much for the quick reply!
    This helps... "but is way short of the mark if you're looking for a replacement for one of the amphetamines"
    I am used to much stronger amphetamines so this will prob let swim down.

4. bob_arctor

bob_arctor Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden

I will be planning bioassay for later today. Will report back.

5. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.

IMO it's unlikely anything would ever really substitute for methamphetamine, effects-wise. You might want to give it a try before drawing any conclusions based on one person's opinion.

In terms of effects profile, the stuff seems to resemble MDPV quite a bit (as far as recent RC's go). Anyone know if this stuff is a pure dopamine reuptake inhibitor, or what? The "next to no appetite suppression" would be surprising in a potent SDRI, and may be just one person's opinion.
    Keep us informed (there's reason to be interested in this RC, but SWIM can't discuss details).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  6. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

No you're right, i'll do a report on this and ask a mod to move it into the wider general forum.

I'm getting some of this very shortly, will report back my findings as soon as i have time to bioassay.

:) sweet

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2007
  7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

I'll re-open this - FOR NOW. Steer far away from any semblance of a source. Good monkeys.

8. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

According to Alfa's link, the R and S isomers, unsurprisingly, have different activity:

(R)(+)-Diphenyl-2-pyrrolidinyl-methanol - Ki binding: 0.04µM; Ki uptake: 0.17µM

(S)(-)-Diphenyl-2-pyrrolidinyl-methanol - Ki binding: 0.40µM Ki uptake: 1.65µM

What seems to be in people's hands is the R isomer. Can someone explain what would be the expected difference in effects from the two different isomers, based on that data?

9. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

SWIM now has confirmed a gram of this stuff on order (the R isomer), and should be posting a report soon. He intends on starting with 10-25mg, most likely plugged in case the stuff has bioavailability issues causing variation with other test subjects...

P.S. it's good to know this stuff can take time to start working, although with plugging I'd expect the time to be dramatically reduced. It seems what usually causes 2+ hour delays is slow intestinal absorption, which could also indicate bioavailability issues under certain conditions (such as full stomach, digestive tract pH, etc).

There's also the possibility (of course) that the substance I have on order is not what it's purported to be. SWIM can't go any further without getting back into the territory of sources, so he'll stop right here & post test results when he receives the product -- most likely in a completely separate thread.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  10. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Asking for sources is against the rules, please read it and don't break them again. And SWIM means Someone Who Isn't me.
    No one on this forum incrimates him/herself, only SWIM or their lab animals do this, read the part about self incriminations as well please, thanks!

11. Rush

Rush Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland

R isomer is 10x more powerful than S isomer.
    low ki=high potency

BTW this compound is not a piperazine.
    this topic is in the wrong section me thinks

12. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

It is indeed in the wrong forum.

Early reports (with the exception of Mr. Arctor's) on this compound do not sound terribly exciting. Keep in mind that this drug was developed to compete with cocaine for receptor binding in order to aid people trying to get off cocaine. If it had much abuse potential, then it probably wouldn't have gotten very far through trials.

13. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

it has little or no reuptake ability...which means the initial "whoa" feeling would be the most one could probably get from it, unless one were to mix it with something with an almost wholly reuptake inhibitory method of intoxication. it might be interesting to know what mixing this with methylphenidate, buproprion, or even MDPV would be like. the push and staying power.....

14. Rush

Rush Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland

yeah, i think this chemical may have some useful effect in combination, and alone but in high dosages.

i think it is still a drug, perhaps in the right forum.
    it just needs some research to find its place

15. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

What doses have provided euphoric effects for SWINicane ?
    I have just started with this product and has found it unimpressive, though doses so far are lower than those reported to be active (ie-tesd doses to rule out any sensitivity to the drug). I plan to start with 25 mg soon as a hopefully active dose and work up from there. I am currently rough around the edges from 4 weekends of MDPV use, so will likely not be running a marathon with this product. I am nonetheless interested in more assays, esp. considering SWIM ended up with more than expected..

16. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

I am thinking this may be the elusive stim that's attractive to both recreational and utilitarian users.

ISO at low to moderate doses it is a nice, mild and smooth "pick up" and motivational aid, with little compulsivity and almost no effects on appetite. It also appears to be pro-social (e.g. stimulating conversation). At high to extreme doses it becomes much more intense, recreational, and an end in itself as far as use, but then it's about as compulsive as MDPV or cocaine.

The main problem: Proper dosing (i.e. getting it into the body) can be tricky. The only method I have used is plugging, which unfortunately is at minimum inconvenient for people with "real lives" who can't keep hitting the bathroom... and some refuse to do it at all. I'm sure the stuff works well taken orally, but we definitely need some input on this stuff from those who fed it by mouth to their lab rats. If You has acquired any and dosed orally, please mention the dose required for a recreational effect.

17. Cuberun

Cuberun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Europe

swim's just back from a long vacation and is glad to see something "new".
    Could You shed some more light on the sexual effects;
    anything similar to the way methylone brings up the sex drive and inhibits ejaculation/orgasm? in that case this would be a much cheaper alternative and possibly better alternative (all things considered) than methylone for such purposes.

Also, sorry if this was mentioned but which amount of mg's (dpm & water) do You find most successful for rectal administration?

18. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Thats not what the binding and reuptake Ki figures indicate and as the piperidine version, pipradrol, works be reuptake inhibition I'd be very surprised if this wasn't very similar in action.

The other pipradrol derived stimulant currently of interest (desoxypipradrol) acts in the same way but has much more overt CNS stimulation and is active at a much smaller dose 2-5mg for awake up, 10mg for gibbering territory and anything over 15-20mg in one go will have you strutting around in an arrogant manner!

19. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Not to mention the (purported) duration of action for some, 24-48 hours! That is actually about the amount of time SWIM prefers, from a recreational standpoint... it would mean (if he enjoys it) a sweet, uninterrupted stretch of deeply immersed focus, with no need for redosing at all.

He's looking forward to seeing how his rats react, but first they have to recover from going overboard with the thread title substance. He's still not quite sure what happened, but to him the compulsiveness was outrageously out of proportion to its other properties. Possibly just a quirk of biochemistry, or maybe it was the stupidly high doses required to get the desired effect. SWIM's general stimulant tolerance may be a bit too high for comfort.
    They'll probably vary from lab rat to lab rat, but for SWIM's it isn't half as potent in a general sense as MDPV. However, it seems to result in earth-shatteringly powerful orgasms... he's not sure why, as the overall length of the sexual experiences involved weren't unusual.
    Nope... unlike MDPV (which for SWIM shortened the experiences but made them possible 10x more often than usual) it doesn't seem to affect male orgasm latency at all, and certainly doesn't inhibit anything.
    At first he was doing 5-10mg or so in a shot, then the shots became machine-gun fire and SWIM both lost count + stopped caring. Beware...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  20. Rush

Rush Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland

what about insufflation through nasal spray? helps?