Experiences - DIPT: trip reports

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by prozak4twenty, May 21, 2004.

1. prozak4twenty

prozak4twenty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I tried DiPT, and I feel as though I should share a little bit about it. Most trip reports suggest that if one was on this drug and in complete silence, that there would be no psychedelic effects. Here's my experiences

Me and K went to our buddies house to score the DiPT that came in the mail. We split it in half with him, and eyed out some dosages. It wasn't working well at all, so we decided to just fill a25 mg capsul and hope it was the right amount.About 30 minutes later the pitch of everything dropped slightly and my mind was racing but blank. K's voice dropped low, even to the sober people around. He started to look fuzzy, I could make out energy flowing around him, but it was very violent/intense. I played the guitar, and he stared at me intensly. "What the f**k is that?" he managed to ask. "It's Everlast, what do you mean?" He stared at me a while then fell down on the bed. I get some jealousy building up, and then decide to dip my finger in the bag and eat some powder. Twenty minutes later, ZANG! Pitch dropped chaotically, Santana sounded completely alien, +++. I cannot stop the contstant ringing in my ears. The only way I can describe it is like a technological metallic mushroom high. Time takes forever as I get lost in rapid thoughts and run on a different wavelength as time. I find if I stare at a clock i can realign myself with time. I start pacing around his garage "f**k, what time is it? What time is it?" Reality being so far away, I am scared. We call the operator at least 5 times a minute checking the status of time. Randomly some girls come over with some ganja and some salvia 10x extract. I smoke a bowl, and the cement floor starts pouring out fractal images, flowing into the garage door, very LSD like. Then I take a huge hit of Salvia, and look at the ground which is very very far away. I cant move, or else I will fall (felt like I was on stilts). This lasts for about 5 minutes, people start commenting on how weird my voice was getting. It sounded like I inhaled helium, but instead of high pitched voice is was very low. After a good while i must go home. I get there and lay down on my bed. I look at K's note to his girlfriend that I had by accident, but actually for a reason. The whole night I thought he was Satan and that he was plotting against me on this sheet of paper, which turns out to be a letter to his new girlfriend. I get relieved, then feel enlightened. I start thinking hardcore, an hour of thinking passed and the clock only moved 3 minutes. I was thinking about glip glops (time and money) being restraints to free will, holding us back from evolution. I start thinking technological, about this psychedelic video game that many people are a part of, with no glip glops whatsoever. Its perfection, it is waiting to be invented. I was a pacman like character shooting energy and recieving it, tripping my balls of all the while. Then I listen to music for hours, then I drew a picture for about 4 hours. The trip lasted about 16 hours. I know I almost OD'd, but hey, someone had to test this stuff out hardcore, and it was great. the bodyload sucks though, nauseated muscle feeling, and stuffy ears. I commented "God, I need to clean the wax out of my ears" many a time throughout my intensly f**ked up week on DiPT

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
    1. 4/5,
      Interesting. Paragraphs and age/weight of the user would be good additions.
      Apr 13, 2009
    2. 4/5,
      Thanks for the report
      Nov 14, 2007
  2. Ximot

Ximot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would like to share my first test drive in the wonderful world of dipt.

it really is so much more than the "auditory one" - calling it that is really not doing it justice. The experience took place just a couple of days ago.

3:15pm = ingestion of carefully weighed out 22mg of the recently obtained material. priot to ingestion I had eaten a bowl of salad. Forest walk follows almost immediately after ingestion. I start my Qi Gong exercises in the forest and realise shortly afterwards (roughly T+ 20) that all is not quite as it always is, but I am still unsure. "First alert" could be a red herring, you never know what is placebo when you are full of expectations.

3:45 = hmm... subtle changes in energy field perceived. Everything is so clear and I can focus on everything deeply, just not for very long. That mushroom feeling when you have eaten 2 or 3 little shrooms and you start coming up that tiny bit.

3:55 = I am definitely no longer able to hold it together. When I concentrate, I am realyl there, but there seems little continuity to what I'm doing. restlessness and impulsive tendencies are setting in.

4:00 = was that only 5 minutes? maybe I should go home...

4:10 - 4:30 sitting on the sofa ... remembering the walk home, where sounds became a bit muffled and my ears felt like ater a plane trip . . .poster on the wall is doing interesting things. who said dipt was not visual? not majorly so, but it does breathe and spin a bit, this cosmos on the wall... pleasant bodily sensations, nothing too strong, though . . .

I realise that my routine behaviour is not setting in all by itself . . . I am free to do what I want. well, I always am, but this strikes me very powerfully just now. More than on other RCs.

my partner's voice is getting pretty deep... a bit metallic . . . she has to leave . . . I'm alone . . . still not putting any music on ... see what other effects there are and a bit apprehensive about whether I'll be freaked out... go to my room . . . I read a bit, and reading is much easier then expected . . .some sexual exploration seems in order . . . playing with self is very very pleasant, and I can circulate my sexual energy and take it to any part of my body (well, almost, this is a skill I am still learning - though I feel that this drug might be a very useful companion for energy work exploration, sexual or other), and after a while of that and a few threshold orgasms I leave it at that withiut ejaculating. I feel wonderfully balanced, no desire for more of that despite the sudden decision to just stop and do sth else.

Ended up chatting a bit online and listening to music... now THAT was weird. Sachiko M & william Basinski & other experimental things sounded fairly normal (well, do they ever?) - perhaps more accessible than usual, but when I put on Nick cave I quickly decided that this wasn't a good time for this sort of sound . . . deep techno also sounded just so deep I thought it was from the darkest recesses of hell... and so metallic... voices so frog-like and metallic . . . lost track of time during all that.

6:00 Phonecall. Stupid me answers it. It's mum. But no problem. I decided not to compensate for my own perceived deep voice because hers sounded so deep and frog-like as well . . . had no idea whether I was talking too fast or too slow but decided not to let it bother me. Done in 5 minutes and no problems at all. Still, why do I anaswer the phone in this stae? I should know better.

6:15 A slight restlessness started coming back and I decided to lie down and listen to some binaural beat-based chakr/astral travel recording that I'm very familiar with in order to see what that would do. I was also unsure at this stage whether I was still coming up or peaking . . . decided it must be the peak after all, or perhaos even post-peak. As soon as that realisation came, I thought "maybe I should have taken more" . . . while before I thought "maybe it was too much?"

Anayway, with the time distortion still going strong, I heard details in that recording that I had never noticed before, and all the sounds were indeed so much deeper than usual. The recording seemed to be much much slower. And the voice was incredibly deep and metallic, like a computer. The effect was stronger than usual, and I realised once again how I can tune in to the subtle energy body that surrounds me and runs through me. Very nice.

Up to this moment I'd only had a very slight gastric upset (like a hint of indigestion without anything major). Now, lying on my back, waves of nausea came. After 30mins of the tape I get up and the nausea subsides.

7:00pm I now have about an hour left before my friend comes to pick me up to go to a gig. Hmm... I knew about this and had expecte to be post peak... and I am.
    I realise that I'm out of skins (rolling papers) and go to buy some at the petrol station. A bit weord, all that, but not realyl a problem. Done before I'd even fulyl experienced the transaction and on the way home. The moon is fairly full and looks simply amazing. Time to roll a couple of doobs for later, then heat up some soup so I have something in the stomach before the beer drinking at the gig . . . needless to say, the music was nothing short of amazing. I was realy there and thought nothing except what i heard.

Oh, and digestion turned out just fine... including quite a few beers spread out over the night between 8:30pm and 1:30am. The spliffs made me feel VERY nice, zero paranoia. This, for me, is not always the case, so I'm very positively surprised. Next day = NO hangover whatsoever. Invited at friends for brunch. Had a great time, nice weather, and full of genuine appreciation for being with my friends and being alive. I often get this post-trip clarity and appreciation, but this time it was very mild and very light and very truly enjoyable. Nothing deep, just something very natural.

I will defnitely use this compound again soon, possibly in conjunction with nitrous + mushrooms.

I am naturally a little moody and have slightly bipolar tendencies, and for this reason many PSYs send me to the "dark side" for some of the time as well. This time, I certainly did see it (it is always there), but the material made it very easy for me to remember love and self-acceptance and gratefulness. It may have just been me, but I feel that the DIPT suggested this to me to some extent. It seemed to make it easy for me to go that way.

Perhaps not many people will get these effects from a mere 22mg, but then I am very sensitive to many substances. You may say my "insanity threshold" is fairly low, or perhaps that I am a lightweight, or that I am blessed with very sensitive receptors :).

DIPT is so much more than just auditory fun (effects which last well into the next day indeed, even after everythign else is back to baseline, along with a subtle euphoria), and i fI had known how much I would like it I think Iwould have gotten my hands on more when it was still easily obtained.

Peace Love Light

:)

1. 4/5,
      Thanks for the report
      Nov 14, 2007
  3. Ximot

Ximot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh, and I forgot to mention the closed eye visuals. When I closed my eyes I was elsewhere.

4. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Ive done dipt twice. I find it to be not that intense of a trip at all. the biggest effect is that everyone including my own voice sounds very deep. music isnt harmonious at all and just sounds like noise. also in complete silence ive been known to hear stuff thats not their at all. very interesting drug

5. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DiPT: More powerful than he thought. Much.

200mg was too much.

Actually, it may not have been the dose. TIHKAL lists the dosage range as 40-80mg, but has reports of up to 250mg. After reading several interesting Erowid reports about trips from 200 to 250, he decided to try it himself.

Trouble is, he broke several of his own rules. Don't trip when tired. Don't trip two days in a row. Don't trip with a stomach full of Mexican food. :D

He had tried 80mg on a previous occasion. There was no body load and almost no psychedelic mental processes - the chemical didn't seem to do anything except mess with his perception of sound. He amused himself for a few hours listening to music. It seemed like something that would be fun once or twice and then lose its charm.

200mg was...different.

The first two hours were awful. Horrible muscle tension, violent diarrhea, and - last but not least - vomiting up the remains of his dinner. Like, all of it. In the shower. Gross! It was the worst body load he had ever experienced from any chemical, with the possible exception of way too much ethanol.

After the ugliness passed, the trip became very interesting. As others had reported, 200mg of DiPT was an entirely different experience than lower dosages. Audio was all kinds of fucked up, of course, but so was everything else. Straight lines seemed curved. There was a constant buzzing reminiscient of moderate doses of 5-MeO-DMT. Clouds in the night sky rolled and boiled violently like something out of Ghostbusters. Demonic faces popped out of the clouds and leered at him.

He lost himself somewhere along the way. He had no idea who he was, or where, or why. He had enough self control to sit calmly until he came back to consensus reality, but it was intense. Images and concepts flooded in far faster than his little primate brain could handle. Angels/spirits/aliens/figments of his imagination kept trying to impart information to him, but there were too many of them going way too fast.

Overall, the trip seemed like a combination of a normal dose of DiPT (pitch shifting and flanging), a light (but long-lasting) dose 5-MeO-DMT (high-pitched whine and spacetime warping), and a third-plateau dose of DXM (dissociation and mild psychosis). It's hard to say how much of this was just the DiPT, because the cannabis and nitrous undoubtedly added something.

He doesn't regret it, but he doesn't think he'll do it again. The hellish come-up was just too harsh a price to pay. Even a tab of diphenhydramine and two hits of cannabis didn't stop him from puking his guts out. It was yuck. He had to take 10mg of diazepam and 30mg of codeine just to take the edge off the muscle tension. He thinks he'll try 100mg next time.

There was hell to pay, but it was a hell of a ride. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

He felt fine the next day. A little fatigued and foggy, but nothing serious. The audio distortion persisted well into the next evening.

ECL

1. 4/5,
      pretty crazy, thanks for sharing.
      Jul 11, 2008
    2. 4/5,
      Thanks for the report
      Nov 14, 2007
    3. 5/5,
      interesting report
      Apr 23, 2007
    4. 3/5,
      Very good report on a very interesting (and not often reported about) compound.
      Oct 24, 2006
  6. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o
    Re: DiPT: More powerful than he thought. Much.

Does You have experience with cannabis as an anti-nauseant? Because I find it makes him try to throw up his toenails if he mixes it with anything else before the peak. Taking it with a heroic dose of an Research Chemical seems ... foolhardy, to say the least.

Thanks for the report, though.

How much cannabis and nitrous, and when were they administered?

7. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

He's somewhat new to cannabis, but everything he's read suggested it was good for fighting nausea. The only time it ever made him sick was when he was drunk.

I think I'll tell him to avoid toking before the peak, as you mention. It seems to do wonderful things when in the peak of something like 2C-E, but it can wait until then. Diphenhydramine is better for nausea, I guess.

The nausea wasn't even like a drunk nausea. He wasn't compelled to throw up the way he is when he's had too much alcohol; he just could tell that doing so would make him feel better and have a better trip. Vomiting was optional, but the right thing to do. :)

Worse was the uncomfortable muscle tension. Every tendon in his body felt wound up tight. The diazepam helped with that and didn't seem to hurt the trip too much.

He did two hits of pot before peaking, then several hits later after all the unpleasantness. He had probably six bulbs of nitrous via balloons. The trip was a lot of fun after the unpleasantness was over.

ECL

8. dikki

dikki Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from denmark

Nice detailed report, but didn't You feel nervous taking that diazepam?

9. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

No, why? Benzos are an accepted way of aborting a trip, as far as he knows. The codeine may have been unnecessary, but he figured it was okay since it works on a different subsystem of the melon.

ECL

10. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

cannabis is known to reduce nausea or even take it away for some people, of course not in high doses for some, cuz then it might just make them more sick. but it has worked for SWIBL several times. especially when he has a hangover, if he smokes some MJ, it makes him feel a lot better, and definately takes away the nausea. but try to smoke bio, and without tobacco.

11. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DiPT: Still more powerful than he thought.

Swim finally got around to giving DiPT another go. Though he enjoyed the effects of 200mg, the body load was far too much; he decided to go with 100mg this time. He took a couple of diphenhydramine beforehand to offset nausea and histamine reactions.

(He has terrible allergies - his body seems to think that everything in the outside world is trying to kill him. He often jokes that he'll be The Omega Man once the big plague comes along to wipe out humanity because his immune system is always working overtime anyway.)

After dosing, he smoked a hit of cannabis as an added measure against nausea.

Then came the funny part. :)

The combination hit him way, way harder and faster than he expected. Within half an hour, his senses were completely out of control. Not just hearing, which DiPT is most known for, but also vision and his sense of touch. The world was tracing and strobing more than it had on 40mg of 2C-E or 1300mg of DXM. It was nuts.

The worst of it was the high-pitched whine that filled his ears. He was okay when talking to his girl, but when left alone the whine would build and build, echoing back upon itself in what seemed to approach infinite recursion. It was maddening. His head began to hurt.

He had been planning to go out with the girl that evening. He enjoys taking psychedelics and then going to a bar. Even strong doses have never been a problem. At this point, however, all he wanted was to crawl under a blanket and hide for the rest of the night.

After some arguing, the girl convinced him to go. He agreed only because he knows she has good instincts. In the end, it was the right thing to do - the noise and crowds of the nightclub seemed to act as a kind of white noise, which made the horrible tinnitus disappear. A few hours and drinks later, he was fine.

But he won't do that again. Next time he'll try 40mg with cannabis. He no longer has any doubt that DiPT is much more than "the auditory psychedelic."

ECL
    (The subject was 31 years old and 82kg.)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
    1. 4/5,
      Good report. Please include age/weight.
      Apr 13, 2009
  12. jaysson

jaysson Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I have sampled this compound three times now, with doses ranging 50-100mg. There indeed appears to be a definite body load with this chemical, but it wanes quickly. Nevertheless, I am afraid of trying higher (150-200mg) dosages, because of the rather prominent nausea. It is clear for SWIM with ~100mg doses that this compound has activity beyond audio distortion. Even with 78mg, bending of lines and other threshold visual activities occured for SWIM. He would be grateful for more high dosage DiPT experiences, for the nausea is the only thing holding him back.

13. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Based on Swim's experience, I think 60mg + cannabis could be very interesting without the body load being too horrible (which the cannabis should also help with).

ECL

14. jaysson

jaysson Silver Member

Reputation Points:

What kind of durations have yous got from DiPT? SWIM experienced noticeable audio distortion from 78mg for a bit over 24 hours. The peak effects reported by me were not any higher than he would have expected from this dosage, but the duration was more than double! SWIM read a few reports on 150-250mg doses, and found none with a duration of even 20 hours.

This somewhat longer experience was not at all disliked by me, but raised serious concerns about taking higher doses. I had been given this batch of the chemical just recently, but then again I am not aware of any other compounds causing similar audio distortion and other noticeable effects, which makes the idea of scamming sound quite unlikely to SWIM.

15. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

The visual and mental distortions have never lasted more than a few hours - I would say eight hours, tops.

The auditory distortions, on the other hand, have sometimes lasted as long as 48 hours. Fortunately, these don't prevent Swim from functioning normally. But it is something to be aware of; if one is really looking forward to a concert, one probably shouldn't take this chemical for a least a week prior to it. Unless one wants to hear one's favorite band in a very different way... :)

The few times I have done normal doses (40mg to 80mg), he's felt mostly sober aside from audio. In these cases, it's been more like a toy than a tool - he just sat up all night listening to as many mp3s as he could before it wore off.

ECL

16. Nacumen

Nacumen Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

It may have been the high dose combined with the other four drugs you took?

MJ and diphenhydramine will absolutely affect a trip. You may be using them for their anti-emetic properties, but you can't forget that they are both powerful psychoactive and recreational substances. 25 mg of diphenhydramine will be much more powerful than normal while concurrently taking high doses of other psychoactive substances. The same goes for the weed.

It's a lesson we all learn someday...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  17. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I didn't take any drugs. It was Swim. :)

He has often taken a low dose of diphenhydramine to offset nausea before taking a psychedelic. No doubt that it has some effect, but it's never seemed to have any negative effect except for making him feel a bit lethargic (which generally goes away once the trip peaks). Cannabis certainly kicks trips up a notch; that's why he does it.

The valium and codeine, however, we a reaction to the bad body load. He didn't take those until after he was well into the peak and felt that he was far too stimulated. He took low doses of each, and this did exactly what he wanted and expected - calmed down his nervous system.

I would be interested to hear more about the effects of low doses diphenhydramine on other drugs, however. He knows better than to combine recreational doses of dph with anything else - hell, he knows better than to take recreational doses of dph, period (after a couple of experiments).

I suppose that's a topic for another thread, however.

ECL
    (Goes to "deliriant antihistamines"...)

18. Samadhi

Samadhi Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    well while I am here
    DIPT is a very...odd...substance
    I has eaten this pesky little guy one time

I am 6'1" and 210 or so pounds... swim's gained a few... shut up
    :laugh:

75mg- the trip started in a fashionable sense... swim began to notice that his ears felt two time their size and he began to hear his chewing (juicy fruit- I go through a pack a day) sound like an overloaded washing machine. He looked about in glee to see if anything else was different... but nothing was... just the fact that phase shifting and INSANE drilling sounds in swims ears. He popped on his favorite amon tobin cd (get it and trip to it) and stood looking at his cd player in revulsion as the music seemed to be projected out of a tin can mixed with odd squelching sounds... I decided he would rather spend his day outside... the sound of roaring trains was outside... it was deafening and peircing but oddly beautiful.. it had been a total of 4 hours and the effects were waring off... I did not like this substance much at all... but it would be worth exploring again.

19. senorsalvia

senorsalvia Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Though there are but a very few reports of using DIPT by way of smoking. (just drop DIPT into household ammonia/swirl around and evap); it appears that this chem is really of interest when toked. Least that's what I say

20. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Really? Did he say why?

ECL