Direct Or Indirect Heating?

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by Sandozboy, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Sandozboy

Sandozboy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know that many people say that Opium can be smoked like weed (put in a bong and set on fire with a lighter), but I've also come across a couple of accounts that state the real joy of O is lost using such a method.

Apparently the classic method is to heat the O indirectly, but how can this be done in a pipe or bong?

1. 4/5,
      Useful thread topic
      Sep 11, 2010
  2. Dilemma_cuts

Dilemma_cuts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think one of the traditional methods involves a Hookah.

This is basically a large water bong with one or more tubes coming out. At the top is a bowl to pack your weed/opium/tobacco/shishah in. Ontop of that sits another bowl/tinfoil cover that holds a burning block. This burning block is kinda like charcoil in a BBQ. I'm pretty sure the blocks burn someowhat clean, or they wouldn't use them. Anyways, you light the block and it burns for a second, then it goes out like incense and smoulders. When you suck it pulls the very hot air past the smokablesand vaporizes some of their actives. It then sucks them through the water and into your lungs. After that they pass by alveoli, enter capillaries, travel in bloodstream, enter brain, affect neurotransmitters and produce an effect. Voila.

1. 3/5,
      good response to ops question
      Sep 11, 2010