Discarding seeds

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by searcher, Aug 12, 2005.

1. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Swim likes to throw them out the window when driving. Maybe they will sprout in the gutter on the side of the road.

2. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    johnny weed seed haha. I do the same

3. dags

dags Newbie

Reputation Points:
    would that acctually work?

4. AcmeSewageCo

AcmeSewageCo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Of course it would work... It's got as much of a germination rate as any other plant does... Hah... Cheers [​IMG].

5. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I have played Johnny Pot-seed myself.

Although it's been quite-a-few years since I last did so, I have planted many Pot seeds over the years. My favorite places to plant them are at Government offices. It was my part in anti-Establishment politics.

I have planted seeds (several times) at many of the Bay Area police stations (and, of course,Court Houses). Each one has automatic-timed sprinklers, so they have a good start. I just push a few into a bare area, next to other plants, and gently cover them up. Then, a few weeks later, I would go and see how things were "going"; most of the time, there were a couple plants, healthily growing away. By my next trip, all of them would be gone (harvested? stolen? arrested?).

I got the idea after I read in the paper that someone had planted Opium poppies at the City Hall. They had grown up, and no one had known what they were. So, years later, when I was at the Court House to take care of a speeding ticket, the Light Bulb went off in my head: "Hey! Who needs Opium, when I have Marijuana seeds?"

I just love to see Mother Nature doin' her thing. Ha ha.

6. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    SWIS could do the same with mushroom spawn. If SWIS lives in a area where it get's 12 degrees celcius or colder, at least once a year. Some webshops sell spawn of wood loving mushrooms. All you need to do is put some in wood chipsin parks and it will start growing as far as the wood chips will go. Giving mushrooms year after year.

7. sg43

sg43 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    It's funny you say that, SWIM's friend was throwing seeds out his
    bedroom window and one day while in his backyard mowing the lawn he
    noticed there was a foot tall plant growing right outside his window![​IMG][​IMG]

Edited by: sg43

8. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You realize opium poppy seeds are the same ones sold in grocery stores right?

Anyway I once bought a pound, mixxed it with some sand just to give me more bulk to work with then waited for a rainy period and went to uncut fields and brushy woody areas and played johnny poppy seed.

Then I would just wait and go back and get my pods [​IMG], I saved any seeds to plant in other areas. There are still poppies growing where housing developments havn't sprung up lol.

9. truestbet

truestbet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have found that a lot a times seeds get damaged, usually when they form it into bricks it forces them to break. Some seeds will grow through natural germination, but even thought it is a weed, it don't mean its going to be a healthy plant with no one taking care of it.If you really want to grow them, you should at least start them off in some decent soil, and germinating them would be way easier than looking on the side of the road for them.

10. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I don't get seeds of weed too often because it's mainly hash over here. If a get a large amount of loose seeds I'll dig up some of the garden, spread them around and hope for the best.

11. quinone

quinone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    That sucks that you're getting weed with seeds in it in the first
    place. We call that sess here, and either dont buy it or buy
    large large quantities for cheap (mostly for the seeds :) ).

12. bigt

bigt Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    id rather buy my seeds from a reputable source so i know what kinda herb im about to grow not just the run of the mill shitty weed you find on the street with seeds in it

13. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    I always through the sed after I smoked the matherial. I was surprised to find a week ago that m work has been rewarded. I have three nice little plants in a place nearby. I gathered some of it and probably I'm gonna try it today. Wish me luck!

14. quinone

quinone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would rather buy his seed from a reputable source too, but thats
    not always possible, it was more of a theoretical theoretical
    thing. I have never bought sess in his life.

15. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swimgot a bag of 100+ seeds froma buddy who grew some good kb or whatever and got some nice buds from most of them but swimi took about 10 and planted them in a state park while doing community service there for a possession charge [​IMG]