Experiences - DMAA (dimethylamylamine, geranamine) Experiences

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by Nicaine, Apr 19, 2007.

1. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: 1,3-dimethylamylamine

SWIM actually gets a nice rush when insufflated at a low dose (5-10mg) but not for very long and not particularly memorable - oral dose works as an adjunct to coffee for productivity enhancement, but not really as a recreational stimulant (~30mg). I do not know about vaporization or plugging. Insufflation is painful but the burn only lasts a minute or so - not like snorting a 2CX or other caustic powders (OUCH!). However, I do not advocate insufflation since it could be dangerous. Don't be stupid like SWIM ...
    I have not had the drowsy after-effects reported by Nag's primate, though I get that somewhat randomly from stimulants in general. I have also not noticed any particular mood changes or hangover after use so far.
    However, overall I agree with Nag's primate - mostly a dud but good as an addition to SWIM's morning coffee or a booster when tired from long hours awake. Hopefully it at least motivated bongo to groom some more fleas out of his fur !

2. Desertfox

Desertfox Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I had acquired a gram of this "geranium". but when insulflated around 10mg no effects came on immediately but after a half hour or so I felt somewhat different but not the feeling usually acquired from stimulants. the next day 20+mg was insulflated and the same thing happened with no euphoria just a slightly different body feeling. should I up his dose, or try orally?

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Further experiments are not planned. One has a feeling that trying to ramp-up an adrenergic compound such as this would likely do nothing better than cause a pounding headache. Useful, though limited, for waking one up on a long drive or something.

4. Desertfox

Desertfox Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

as far as i can tell i'd have to agree with nagognog

5. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I think that it is best left as a mild stimulant that combines with caffeine well but not so far with other stimulants (increases peripheral side effects). It is also useful for weight loss and does have a mild buzz to it. In higher doses, it is unpleasant (rapid heart rate, elevated bp, etc) and does not have that dopamine rush found with drugs like MDPV, meth, etc. I do not want to push the dose higher than about 30 mg for fear of worsening side effects. SWIM's pretty much done with this substance and will finish it up in low doses as an adjunct to SWIM's morning coffee..
    let the tread continue...

6. Davidbell

Davidbell Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

I'ts funny to see how swim's in some bodybuilding forum were comparing 8 Amp to be similar to cocaine... Guess I prefer some review from a drug forum. Thanks Snapper and everyone.

Keep swimming

7. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

I find this chemical to cause adrenal burnout very quickly.. effects are also quiet short lived, but he gets insane rushes of adrenaline while working out while on "amp" compared to any other simulant.

8. sam o

sam o Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Germany

How short lived is it(hrs./ min.?) Did swim's get an insane adrenaline rush on 1,3-dimethylamylamine, or "amp".If it's the "amp" it's most likely due to the caffeine.(an ingredient in amp.)

9. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

no.. its not the caffeine.. its the 1,3.. many people report it working great giving great focus, great energy, not good focus but insane mind muscle connection, etc.

from what I has seen the results given from this chemical vary (of course) but for swim the effectslast only a good 2-3 hours followed by a very harsh crash...
    these results are not typical of most users..

10. Stuck

Stuck Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

its hard to tell if someone is talking about amp or 1,3. has any of yous tried 1,3 and amp separately? different effects?

I find this very intriguing and is interested in purchasing some amp or 1,3.

11. Stuck

Stuck Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM's supply of AMP arrived today. He rushed home from school during second period to test it out. He swallowed 3 of the pills and he insufflated 1/3 of one pill. He felt an instant onset after the insufflation. He returned to school with 2 pills in his pocket. He noticed a decent euphoria and was quite content. He took 1 more pill. From then on it felt like he was walking on a trampoline for the rest of the day. Very pleasant for the most part. One positive effect of AMP is the EXTREME productivity. SWIM actually felt like doing some work. He sat down during study hall, wrote a paper and completed a spreadsheet project. Lunch came, and I was not hungry at all, despite not having eaten anything today. He forced himself to eat. After lunch he noticed the effects were wearing off a bit. He then swallowed his 5th pill that day. Shortly after, he started to come down rapidly. CRASH. By far the worst comedown of any drug he has ever experienced. Its like that feeling You gets when You has too much caffeine, and You is awake but You just feels like shit. Perhaps some of the negative effects were due to the large dose SWIM consumed. All in all, the (positive) effects lasted a good 3 hours and he thinks 3 would be the magic number, maybe even 4. Good euphoria and productivity. It is definately worthwhile, just don't do too much.

12. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I tried to recreate amp by combining ingredients and it was not exactly the same, but similar, though I was not a big fan of AMP in the first place. It might just be the quality of the dimethylamylamine is poor.

13. Davidbell

Davidbell Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

Is 1,3-dimethylamylamine's crash worst than other stimulant like coke,meth,crack,speed ?

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Never heard of anyone who fiended on geranamine like some people are wont to do with such as cocaine, meth, etc. It just doesn't seem to beckon the user back for more. And more. And....

Being primarily an adrenergic, a good guess is that it might cause a ferocious headache if overindulged.

15. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

the above post is correct about the headache if too much is consumed...

16. Zaprenz

Zaprenz Gold Member

Reputation Points:

my pet iguana found AMPS very strange. Didn't really even get any kind of traditional high dose caffeine type effect[possibly slightly].

There seems to be postural hypotension type effect going on as well.

This was after 3 capsules.

17. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Re: Bulk geranamine now available!

After not much effect from repeated 25-30mg dosages, both oral and insuflated swim dropped 120mg in half of a gel cap. Effects hit with an almighty wack at 20mins, very euphoric, lots of tingles in the legs, this has a mildly trance feel as opposed to clean speedy feel, very thirsty.
    Swim picked up some beers on his way home and drank a few, feeling on a real high he enjoyed a euphoric few hours, however approx 4 hrs later he experienced extreme nausea and spun out. He had to lie on the bed holding his stomach and moaning and groaning.
    So either high dosage Geranamine or the mix with alcohol may result in a delayed but extreme nausea.

18. BombasticX2

BombasticX2 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    Re: 1,3-dimethylamylamine (geranamine)

I said to me that he wants to share his own experience with 1,3-dimethylamylamine and he SWEARS that its true and no b-s.

A week ago I got his order of 5g PURE 1,3-dimethylamylamine and the experience was as follows:

He tried firstly an oral dose of 30mg and after about an hour he felt "something" like stimulation, some nervousness and a stressfull feeling.. but absolutely no euphoria. After another one hour a high feeling of anxiety started to develop and accompanied SWIM for many hours during the day~!
    The experience was non-suggestible to anyone who is searching for stimulation... but only for someone who likes the feeling of... anxiety and nervousness.

The next day I thought to try 50mg oral (I was really curious to feel the "euphoria" that many guys said the felt)
    After about an hour he started to feel a "buzz" but not anything like pleasant euphoria... accompanied again with A LOT OF anxiety, nervousness and an INSANE heartbeat. There was some stimulation but anxiety was MUCH stronger and killed all the pleasant effect of the mild stimulation.

I will never try this shit again and says that 200mg of Caffeine gave him WAY more stimulation which was way more friendly to him.

BombasticX2 added 11 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

SWIM forgot to mention the SWEATING...

There was a lot sweating in both doses but in 50mg dose the sweating was extreme.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  19. Bowieeno

Bowieeno Newbie

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o from U.S.A.

I tried this (1,3-dimethylamylamine) in pure powder form. Did notice a little stim effect, but there's a fine line (for SWIM) that was crossed and nervousness took over. Not worthit. This in my opinion is not the answer or substitute for amphetamines. :(
    No euphoria. Propylhex is better in my opinion. :thumbsup:

20. Kevin9581

Kevin9581 Newbie

Reputation Points:

I say it smells really strong like oil and rubber and is very very very bitter. This is what SWIM heard about it from another forum so maybe it's not bad stuff.

Kevin9581 added 121 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

I say he tried some today. He tried approx 25-50mg yesterday without noticeable effects so today he tried to eyeball about 100 but probably ended up with 200. Very strong effects came on after an hour and a half after dropping a gel capsule. Full body buzz, eyes going crazy, sort of like a bad roll. Had some nervous energy but could have been fixed by a walk. Sweating was observed and crash came abruptly in an hour or so after first feeling it. No headaches, a bit tired and feeling weak but nothing too bad. Had lots of empathy which he would rather have had been apathy and felt productive but the body buzz was a bit too much coupled with restlessness.

Last edited: May 20, 2009