Experiences - DMAA (dimethylamylamine, geranamine) Experiences

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by Nicaine, Apr 19, 2007.

1. keeyn

keeyn Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o
    Re: 1,3-dimethylamylamine (geranamine)

hi kevin, SWIM earlier in this thread, sounds like flapper, took much less than 50mg and had good effects. 200mg seems a LOT to take at once, maybe there is a bad batch on ebay. I am still to get their package in the pot

2. Poekus

Poekus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o from The Netherlands

In holland it is sold as DNX Nitro-X in smartshops. It contains 50mg of geranamine, some vitamine B3 (or 6), and 50 mg of caffiene.

The effects are ephedra like but minus the negative side effects like jitter and arythmic heartbeats.

Very amphetamine like: clear headed lots of energy and even a slight euphoric feel.

Definitaly one of the most powerfull stimulants now available in smartshops legally (not including things like BZP, 4-FMP and other RC;s).

Have to say that the day after I used it, i felt awefull. Vommiting all day (could not even keep a glass of water in). This has probably something to do with the great amount of alcohol I drank with it (note that I didn;t feel drunk at allafter like 12 cans of beer).

In the smartshop it's quite expensive but I found that 1,3-dimethylamylamine is available on nutrient supplement sites in containers of 100 tablets at 40mg each for very few dollars.

3. AlteredConscious

AlteredConscious Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Experience Report: DMAA/Geranamine

Setting: Bedroom
    Dosage: ~40mg (insufflation)

SWIM decided that he would broaden his horizons, so to speak. SWIM ordered 1g of 'pure' DMAA/Geranamine over the internet. The package arrived, and the same day decided to test it out. SWIM told me that DMAA smells very strong, of a smell vaguely associated with a mix of burnt plastic and geraniums. SWIM cut up two small lines, of approximately 75mg each. SWIM began to insufflate one of the lines through the left nostril. The burning sensation was incredible, but only lasted around a minute. I could only take just over half the first line, however (approximately 40mg). SWIM returned the remaining DMAA to the sealable bag. SWIM's vision blurred in his left eye (the same side of insufflation), although not worryingly. I could smell the DMAA in his nose, and told me it was very unpleasant. The 'drip back' commenced almost immediately, and left a horrible taste in SWIM's mouth and could feel a mild burning sensation (although nothing too bad) in his throat. T+20mins, I felt a great mood uplift, and this continued to built for another 20 minutes, until I felt very stimulated. An up, similar to that of caffeine, but without the euphoria, and a little more stimulated. SWIM plateued for approximately 20 minutes, before slowly coming down over the next two hours. After the effects were fully over, I did not feel tired or any other noticable side effects. However, I felt that the horrible taste and immediate burning sensation, made insufflation an unpleasent route of administration, so will try oral capsules of 100mg and 125mg, and will report back with his findings.

4. pjt

pjt Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

I think DMAA does have some genuine practical use, in boosting alertness, focus and physical performance to some degree. I am a habitual drinker of high caffeine beverages to wake up each morning, and finds that the addition of one 40mg DMAA capsule makes me reach full alertness much faster.

DMAA also wards off daytime sleepiness on a level similar to Modadinil, but with shorter duration but also fewer side effects on the body and mind. If overdone DMAA will cause excessive physical stimulation, so SWIM keeps the dose low and only uses it intermittently. No recreational value noticed, it seems mainly useful as an ergogenic for mental and physical tasks.

5. Njirem

Njirem Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from The Netherlands

I tried the DNX Nitro-X about a year ago and got afwfully sick. He threw up and felt like he had a bad flu and didn't feel energetic at all.

However, last week I found DMAA powder. It's white and smells sweet, but the taste is very bitter. He dropped the powder (+- 30/40 mg) in a rollingpaper and took it while drinking hot tea. After about 10 minutes it started whit a warm feeling and a ephedra like stimulating feeling climbing to a euphoric mephedrone like high wich was very pleasant. Sadly that only lasted for about half an hour and than it rapidly dropped to alsmost nothing, with a too-much-caffeine like feeling, and a little crash/dissapointment( way less them mdma/mephedrone etc). After a few drinks he fell asleep with no problems two hours later.
    Next day left him with a headache and a mild sad feeling, but that evening that was gone too.

Overall i was surprised with the effect, and i think its definetely worth trying in higher doses. Thats what i am going to do tonight, around 100/120 mg, guessing it will be like mephedrone with a milder crash. I am considering snorting it, is that something that could add to the experience?

You will hear tonight about the trip.

6. tstegal1

tstegal1 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Swim's heard a lot about geranamine, so he decided to buy some online a few months ago. However, the only place he could find products containing it were out of stock.

Recently, however, a large drug store chain which can be found on just about every corner, started carrying a product called Dynapep Energy Micro-Shots. The package contains two small shots.

Here's the ingredients listed on the package:
    Proprietary blend 156.6mg of: caffeine anhydrous 80mg,
    2-Amino 4-Methyl Hexane HCL (undisclosed amount),
    Conjugated Linoleic Acid (undisclosed amount),
    Vitamin B12 1mg,
    Chromium Polyincotinate (undisclosed amount).

I took one shot and the taste is foul even for an energy drink. The effects came on fast and were stronger than the 5-hour energy shots.

In his opinion, the stimulating effects were stronger than 80mg of caffeine could produce, which indicates that the geranamine does work. He didn't feel any euphoric effects at all...just a strong caffeine buzz. It was like taking 2 of the 5-hour energy shots.

7. Njirem

Njirem Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from The Netherlands

I took 80 mg 20 minutes ago. Slowly he is getting more warm and his head feels funny. Mellow and relaxt feeling, in for a talk or music.

keep you guys updated

Njirem added 3 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

lips start to feel numb
    I feel more euphoric now and quite STRONG
    arms start to feel like they have no weight at all
    in this dose, right now, its like a mdma come up, and its rising fast DAMN

Njirem added 6 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

wow large pupils
    cant focus really good on the screen its going from left to right

hmmm

is this dmaa
    of
    mdma?

no im quite sure :)

Njirem added 19 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

hmmm

or I took a way too small dose last time

or I took a way too big dose this time :confused:

or I dont5 feel dmaa now

damn I am totally mdma-ish

is feel damn good

its just like xtc

little jaw clanshing

hartrate a little bit enhanced

Njirem added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

swim now takes another 30 mg to see if the nice warm feeling will be enhanced

and i am goig to snmoke a sigarette so ill be back :)!

Njirem added 26 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

sigarette (turned out to be 3 haha) were nice for SWIM
    still waiting for the redose to kickin
    overall its getting much less,
    but damn that was a rush for swim!
    still feels very good
    still jaw clenshin, music aprreciation, and the warm thea tasted very good

Njirem added 23 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

subtle feeling that the redose works, not in a comeup way though
    (its really dmaa sincea dose mdma that large would work way longer with SWIM)
    not a crach in sight at all

Njirem added 5 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

feeling very mellow but not stimulated like amphetamine, I am really chill and happy and he is starting to get a bit tired

Njirem added 13 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

very slowly the effect is fading away bot not at all in a crash type or dissapaointing type of way.
    I am considering snorting another 50 mg but isnt shure yet because of the unknow effect and possible pain in his nose

Njirem added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

time had gone too slow I thought it would be around 01.00 right now but its only 22.30

Njirem added 5 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

SWIM decides to take the las 50 mg in a rolling paper

Njirem added 6 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

feeling getting more less now

total 160 mg, lets see if the 50 mg swim just took will do something

hartbeat at a good 60 per minute, only going up when i walk fast

no real jawclanshing anymore, pupils get a little bit smaller now

Njirem added 22 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

wow defintely kicking in again!
    similiar to the first 80 mg only a littlebit less lets say 80 percent
    eyes bigger again
    warm shower
    numb lips
    and when swim looks around it moves again (like with mdma)
    niccccceeeee

Njirem added 19 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

a lot of rouble reading because everything goed from left to right
    still jawclenshing
    right now I am not euphoric in a mdma kind of way but more happy about everything like with speed
    under that a nice chill feeling
    but it does feels great and as a very good alternative to mdma
    feeling is still constant and going! :)

Njirem added 11 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

still going strong!

Njirem added 18 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

starts to get softer again, slowly. I am very happy with this stuff. SWIM still has a few good portions DMAA left but now its enough!

Njirem added 18 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

notice My head is going back and forth constantly, it feels nice. It does look a bit neurotic i guess.

CONCLUSION

The feeling is still present, a calm mellow and alert feeling, while SWIM's body is getting a littlebit sleepy.
    Up till now it has felt all great, but the effect everybody wants (' the MDMA high') only seems to last for about an hour max and then it will fade, it does have a nice and quite fast come up.
    Whats left after that is no crash!
    A subtle change in the effect to a relaxing and calming pretty happy high.
    Redose works too, almost in the same ammount as the first dose.
    Cant find anything that matches it releases adrenaline. Feels like a huge dose of dopamine along with a littlebit serontonine.
    Maybe I have a powerful extract?
    It has alot of similarities to 4mmc, but the main differnent is the comedown wich i find horrible with 4mmc.
    Now I am satisfied and doesnt feel a big urge to take again.

Worth trying you!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  8. birdkid

birdkid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o

I know this topic is a bit old, but a certain bird I know recently received some 1,3-dimethylamylamine powder and he decided to try it out as he had run out of his adderall supply. He said he started with about 40mg dissolved in water. 20 minutes later he felt a little different, but not much and decided to insufflate another 40 mg. He said it burned like hell and smelled absolutely awful- like burnt rubber/ oil mixed with mildew... or like sweaty gym shoes. He started to feel a little bit of energy, maybe slightly anxious, but overall nothing close to adderall. After a while he drank down another 40mg in water and then insufflated another 40mg. He said he started feeling a bit tingly and light headed which could be percieved as euphoria... but no, it really wasn't. He noticed that after these two recent dosings, his heart rate actually dropped to about 50 bpms, even though he could feel his heart pounding in his chest. He noticed that the more he took, the less energy he had. He said he ended the night feeling dizzy, and tired and maybe a little sick. The next day he said he was still feeling a bit light headed.
    Overall, the bird said that this stuff isn't worth it, really short lasting, and actually makes him feel even more tired than before- so definitely not a substitute for apmhetamine.

9. Flying Mind

Flying Mind Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from sao_tome_and_principe

SWIM read this entire thread and was very intrigued. Especially when SWINicaines indicated this stuff to be a "good deal better" than propylhexedrine?!?

SWIM experienced propyl before and that was a very short lived but extremely enjoyable euphoria. However, propylhexedrine kept SWIM up the whole freaking night and was extremely taxing on the CNS... very high pulse and increase in blood-pressure.

Anyway I tried to find this AMP stuff but only found it to be available online through some quick searches... I know it would be most diserable simply to order the 1,3-Dimethylamylamine in bulk grams but I didn't want to wait. SWIM discovered its also a main ingredient in this stuff called "jack3d"... another probably overpriced bodybuilding supplement.

The problem is I have no idea at all how much Dimethylamylamine is in each serving. Quick research showed either (possibly, definitely not reliable info) anywhere from 20mg-35mg per scoop (5g of the supplement jack3d).

Anyway SWIM dosed about 10g of jack3d before going to the gym on a full stomach. This is unfortunate because SWIM can't get a feel of the threshold b/c he ate first. I feel something, general stimulant feeling of clear head, wakefulness, etc... but doesn't want to say anything for sure yet.

The bottle in the largest text states "DO NOT EXCEED 3 SCOOPS IN ANY 24HR PERIOD". Because this shit has more than 1,3 alone I will take heed and listen to this less than subtle warning and hold off future experimentation until tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will take 3.5 full scoops (15g of jack3d supplement, possibly 60-80mg of 1,3-dime) and report back.

-SWiRAGE

10. Flying Mind

Flying Mind Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from sao_tome_and_principe

Note: Pertaining directly to Dimethylamylamine this experience report is useless, SWIM still thought to post it anyway for anyone considering taking excessive amounts of supplements non-exclusive to Dimethylamylamine (containing unknown amounts of other crap). Dumb Dumb Dumb.

Again, only reason I thought to post this is for the few yous that may come across jack3d or like mixtures who think "oh it contains the 1,3dime stuff, ill take a whole bunch and see what happens!". Not good.

Ok yous,

I took a total of 6 scoops at once of this "jack3d" stuff, closest offline available alternative to AMP. I would have just bought the pure Dimethylamylamine but decided to purchase this because it was instantly available in a nearby store (vs having to wait for an online order to arrive).

Here is the ingredients of the stuff...

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5.55 grams)
    Servings per Container: 45

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Propietary Blend:

Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine, Caffeine, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine (Geranium [Stem]), Shizandrol A)
    4,145 mg **

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
    ** Percent Daily Values not established.

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric Acid, Natural Lemon-Lime Flavor, Effer-Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate), Acesuflame-K, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide, Alfalfa Powder (for color).

-----------------------

Also, According to USPLabs....

1 gram CM
    1 gram Beta A
    1.5 AAKG

As for the correct or exact amount of the Dimethylamylamine I have no idea. Probably somewhere between 15-30mg per serving. So assuming this I have just ingested around 100mg of the Dimethylamylamine.

T+00:45 hr/min

Slight warm/fuzzy scalp feeling - subtle but noticible

Lightheaded; subtle

T+03:50 hr/min (Current location: Gym. Into light weight lifting for about 20mins)

Fast pulse

Sweating profusely, non-stop

Hearing temporarily lost; upon sitting up everything got quiet. All I could hear was the air breathing in/out of his nose

Feeling very nauseous, anxious

T+04:15 hr/min

SWIM can't take it any-longer. I feel very uncomfortable in social setting. SWIM leaves. It isn't until 20mins after resting and on the road home SWIM stops sweating! Nausea has diminished.

T+07:00 hr/min

Home now I feel better. Still I find it impossible to sleep. Tosses and turns entire night. Again SWIM looses hearing temporarily. This time I get up to piss and in bathroom. While standing (pissing) SWIM's hearing slowly "turns-down" again. Very scary feeling.

T+13:00

Now 5am I need to get out of bed. Tossed and turned all night. No sleep.

-------

Conclusion:

Don't exceed recommended dosage of "jack3d" or any non-exclusive supplements containing 1,3dime.

Question:

Is there an easy way to separate/extract the 1,3dime from this jack3d stuff?

11. yaniczka

yaniczka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from poland

have anybody tried combination of this and gbl?

12. JaWill88

JaWill88 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o

^^ Found this which is not an exact answer but relatively close:

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
  13. Lithop

Lithop Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

A geranium decided to give some of this a try. She has had a bit of tiredness recently, looking for something that would be stimulating at a low dose, thinking that some euphoria at the higher dose range would be a plus, but not really the end goal.

She read around and found 60mg seemed to be the starter dose, weighed out 50mg and divided it into 8 short thin lines. Took one line up each nostril...

After recovering from the experience, the geranium urges swimmers not to snort this stuff. Unless they are masochists who enjoy lying there crying their stinging eyes out as their noses run like rivers for over half-an-hour! One other nasty symptom she found was that her two top front teeth burnt harshly. She has had root cananls in both those teeth so has no nerves in them and should feel nothing, but the burning pain lasted about an hour and was severe.

So a while later, she took 100mg in a rizla bomb. She was lying on the sofa reading and did drop off to sleep a few minutes after taking, but woke up half an hour later.

She could feel the effect of the drug by then. It is a physical stimulant but not a mental one. Mentally she felt as tired as before but physically, she went out to do a few jobs round town and had the energy to be on her feet a few hours. Before that she felt about fit to spend the day asleep.

The verdict? Quite pleasant to use for times when you will be using a lot of physical energy, does nothing for the mood and not euphoric in the slightest at this dosage.

14. missfred

missfred Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o from U.K.

I took delivery of 2g of this powder yesterday.
    In the eternal quest for a mephedrone replacement...sigh.
    Initial dose bombed in a rizla after hearing naaasty reports of nose-pain.
    But nose-greed soon kicked in, a small amount insifulated and was surprisingly un-sore...
    Customary house-cleaning ensued, but a feeling of uneasiness prevailed.
    I couldn't connect with herself, the tv, the boyfriend.
    Also, felt sleepy, heavy eyed, and so adjourned to bed.
    Oh dear, another school night buggered.
    Sleep was evasive, that's when the effects took hold. Some very pleasant tingly feelings, small rushes, feelings of well-being. Hot flushes, shivery moments, but not unpleasant.
    Even though I was aware work the next day was going to be tough, there were no feelings of resentment.
    Very light sleep achieved towards dawn.
    SWIM continued to redose at work, not gaining any pleasure, but feeling it was necessary in order to remain standing.
    Quite a disapointing experiment.
    Still got loads left and SWIM dont want it.

15. GazzaSpice

GazzaSpice Newbie

Reputation Points:

I have tried this (he started with an initial tiny amount which was fine) and then 70mg sublingually after hearing not to snort due to pain , which he's glad he did as it damaged My mouth which immediately came out in burn like sores. I am not sure if this is maybe due to being allergic to this chemical or or maybe a bad batch but SWIM suggests caution

16. Lithop

Lithop Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

The geranium did try it a second time, 100mg bombed. She found again that her body could go on for hours but her brain was absent, and the next day had a lot of weird paranoid feelings. i.e. her flat had previously had mice and she was convinced she could hear that type of scuffling sounds and was quite scared, even though her flatmates could hear nothing and previously the geranium had been annoyed at having mice but not actually frightened of the beasties. She also had the sensation of something watching her. Really unpleasant and she flushed away the rest of the drug that day. She would not recommend this stuff at all, there is something very dark about it.

17. yaniczka

yaniczka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from poland

would there be some problem to combine this with mephedrone (or methylone)? swim knows that general advice is not to mix any chems but would there be some special danger with these two? like that they create something toxic in body (like booze and coke for example). thks.

18. Snouter Fancier

Snouter Fancier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

This experience was a few months ago. I'm clearing out my rhinograde's experience reports.

Subject was a 75 kg male rhinograde, age 58.
    Height: when standing on its nose (see user pic), the rhinograde is 178 cm, or 5' 10".
    Drug used at home, alone.
    Rhinograde's prior drug experiences: tobacco, caffeine, alcohol; a surprisingly wide array of psychoactive drugs over a lifetime, some prescribed, some obtained, some synthesized, some grown. None taken for more than a few doses, except for caffeine (daily), alcohol (rarely), tobacco and marijuana (neither since the 1970s). In the past few months the rhinograde has sampled mephedrone, methylone, dimethocaine, MDPV, ethcathinone, 3-FMC, 4-FMC, naphyrone, NOS, jwh-018, jwh-073, kratom, phenazepam, phenprobamate. The rhinograde's daily medications at the time of this experience were a multivitamin/mineral tab and 2 g Omega-3 fish oil.

One caveat: The blood pressure cuff readings given are probably wrong, on the high side. I'm unable to guess how much. Cuff values are reported as they were taken, but later values from this same cuff seemed to be a much as 20-30 mmHg too high in the systolic value, when compared to values taken on the rhinograde with a professional-grade automated BP cuff at a local veterinary hospital.

A month prior to this experience, 0.5 mg was taken by mouth to check for unexpected effects. None found.

Drug is present as a coarse pure white powder with chunks of all sizes up to 1 cm; sticks together a little, as it were hygroscopic. Drug required chopping to make it evenly divided for insufflation.

t-0:05 BP 136/81, HR 68, regular.

t=0.00 20 mg of DMAA insufflated. Fishy odor. Burns badly.

t+0:05 A little tightness around the scalp, which the rhinograde commonly experiences with CNS stimulants. Shulgin +/-.

t+0:09 BP 142/83, HR 60, regular. Shulgin +/-. Rhinograde feels a little funny, a little 'off'. Not euphoric, not stoned/high.

t+0:19 Maybe a little lightheaded? Rhinograde was feeling somewhat fussy and ill at ease previously; may be calmer or more focused now. Or it all may be placebo effect. Scalp still slightly tight. Honestly, still at Shulgin +/-.

t+0:24 BP 137/79, HR 62, regular. Making instant coffee. Expect heart rate to go up.

t+0:37 2nd dose. 40 mg of DMAA insufflated.

t+0:42 Rhinograde's nose is very runny. Mild headache. Shulgin +/-.

t+0:46 BP 142/87, HR 66, regular. Starting to drink coffee now.

t+1:05 BP 141/86, HR 71, regular. Feeling very slightly jittery, 'over-caffeinated', not to the point of dysphoria, though. Nose has stopped running. That's the drug's most notable current positive effect.

t+1:11 Mild frontal headache. Wait -- rhinograde's not sure sure whether it's really a headache, or just his poor ol' nose still hurting from the insufflation. It was really painful.

t+1:30 Feels clear-headed. Not sure he is.

t+1:32 Still a little jittery. Not liking this. Sensations are not awful, just unpleasant. Mild tendency to tooth grinding.

t+1:33 Okay, gets a Shulgin +. There's definitely something going on, it's just not very interesting or pleasant. Incidentally, during the above time the rhinograde has been working on his home accounting software, bill-paying, and otherwise doing paperwork. Also reading DF.

t+1:52 BP 146/87, HR 58, regular.

t+2:09 Feeling a little better. Nose still hurts. I think we've established that this is not a recreational drug. The rhinograde looks at me resentfully. He tries to use everything as a recreational drug.

t+2:36 Annoyingly, DMAA doesn't seem to be having a positive effect on the rhinograde's ability to concentrate. Rather, his attention is easily scattered.

t+3:49 Feeling back towards normal, and somewhat more cheerful and optimistic. Nose has finally stopped hurting.

t+5:21 BP 129/78, HR 56, regular. Experience ends.

Incidentally, the rhinograde also tried to smoke this drug. No effects were evident. The drug is probably a salt, but given the unpromising results of insufflation, I have discouraged him from trying to convert it to a free base.

General thoughts about DMAA:

No euphoria. No physical pleasure in the body. No enhanced sensation, perception, or intriguing thoughts. Nothing in the least trippy. No aphrodisiacal effects, sex was not attempted. Potential for addiction and abuse: low.

Despite this negative experience DMAA might still be useful as a mild stimulant, an aid for wakefulness, focus, or physical energy if taken orally. My rhinograde has sworn off Research Chemicals for the next few months, though, and won't get to test this for a while, if ever.

Executive summary: Insufflated DMAA produces a jittery, 'over-caffeinated' feeling that is not pleasant or useful. It is painful to the nose.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Nullius Filius

Nullius Filius Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.

I find that with caffeine 200mg along with 25mg of 1,3-dimethylamylamine to be quite the rush. About half as intense as amphetamine but with stronger side effects.

20. adelante

adelante Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o from afghanistan

swim tryed 60mg, i experienced little adrenaline-like effects.
    another guys experienced nothing.
    swim tryed to snort, but it burn, and no effect