Experiences - DMAA (dimethylamylamine, geranamine) Experiences

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by Nicaine, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Mercc96

Mercc96 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.
    Re: 1,3-dimethylamylamine (geranamine)

I tried some last night, insufflated small key bumps. Burnt quite badly but soon went
    Head felt sort of like a balloon definitly content.
    Although I was also trying to use elemi oil (2 caps plus some on tongue and in milk) just felt weird and had a few colour changes and swirling noise type things before I went to bed.

I took one full cap of DMAA tonight plus mixed a little more in a drink of water and 2 200mg caffein tabs.
    feels pretty good , really want to hug people felt great after helping upset mother.
    Rather confused as I feel more sedated but wanting to do stuff.

overally swim enjoys this product so is in the process of ordering 10 grams more and possibly a pipe to smoke it in.

2. yaniczka

yaniczka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from poland
    Re: 1,3-dimethylamylamine (geranamine)

hello. could you plz ask You whether there were any side effects? how long did the high last? how much dmaa was taken? and was the sleep possible afterwards? cheers!

3. Terrapinzflyer

Terrapinzflyer MDMA, RC & News Forums Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DMAA aka dimethylamylamine aka Geranamine trip reports

DMAA aka dimethylamylamine aka Geranamine trip reports

Please add your experiences with DMAA here. Please add dosage, route and duration to the top of your post like this:

Info about this drug (other than experiences) should be discussed here: DMAA Drug info

Research Chemicals Index – Piperazines
    Research Chemicals Index - Phenethylamines
    Research Chemicals Index - Tryptamines
    Research Chemicals Index - Beta-Ketones

The original thread, which covers info, experiences, etc is HERE. The posts will be split to the appropriate "Drug Info" and "Experiences" threads in the coming week

4. Gradient

Gradient Sentient alkaloid Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Re: DMAA aka dimethylamylamine aka Geranamine trip reports

The following was articulated to researchers via a chimp outfitted with a BCI to translate brain activity to the English language.

Dosage: 25 mg in capsule
    Route: Orally
    Duration: 3-5 hours
    • body weight & height: 155 lbs, 5'10''
    • Male
    • Setting: Home followed by gym
    • Tummy contents: Turkey sandwich & protein shake consumed approx. 1 hr. prior to ingestion
    • main effects: Subtle stimulation
    side effects: Rise in body temperature, vasoconstriction
    • after effects: None observed
    • rating of the experience: Great alternative for amphetamine-like stimulation
    • addictive qualities / abuse potential: Little cravings, but aids in productivity

25 mg capsule ingested while performing mundane household chores. Beginnings of effects were observed after about 10 minutes, though the chimp typically feels effects more rapidly than peers. While the compound has been characterized as a putative norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor and releasing agent, he was surprised at the calm and subtle stimulation observed from the compound; the chimp is typically quite noradrenergic-averse, and tends to observe stress and agitation from stimulants with even minor noradrenergic activity.

20-25 min. subsequent to ingestion, the chimp arrived at his chimp-gym. Consistency in strength was observed, with little to no fatigue preventing optimal exertion. He wasn't jittery, nor felt the typical sensations of urgency accompanying the vast majority of stimulants he's been exposed to - from various amphetamines to caffeine. He calmly transitioned from set to set, walking slowly from area to area.

After about an hour in the chimp-gym (approx. 1hr 20 min. post-ingestion), and briefly stopping at the grocery store, the chimp ravenously gobbled down a fairly large-sized meal. Surprisingly, little to no anorexic side-effects inhibited his appetite.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dosage: 5-6 mg, powdered
    Route: Insufflated
    Duration: 40min.-? hrs.
    • Setting: Home
    • main effects: Stimulation & subtle euphoria
    • side effects: Rise in body temperature, vasoconstriction
    • after effects: None observed
    • rating of the experience: Minor recreational value, tremendous productivity aid
    • addictive qualities / abuse potential: Minor

After insufflating a small amount of DMAA, characterized by a mild-to-moderate 'burn', the chimp was surprised at the effects once again. In contrast to most other insufflated stimulants, absolutely no jitters or urgency were noted. While certainly alert, the chimp's eyelids were not cocked wide open; again, a unique calming characteristic distinguishes this compound from other stimulants.

The chimp cleaned up a bit, though not manically as when under the influence of amphetamines or even caffeine. Mood was certainly enhanced, but not to the same extent that characterizes other stimulants with proven dopaminergic activity.

After cleaning up, the chimp sat down and happily read some of a novel for what he believes to be the remaining duration of effects. However, it was difficult to identify a specific moment of termination - as the effects seemed to recede quite subtly, with a comparatively minor 'comedown'. He remained social and affable, and perhaps slightly tranquil. This was, however, a very small dose - and thus may not be an optimal experience to characterize the recreational value of the compound.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chimp appreciated the effects of this compound tremendously. In contrast to most stimulants, he wasn't edgy or agitated - but appeared to observe subtly enhanced motivation followed by an equally subtle transition to a termination of effects. He considers DMAA to be a preferable alternative to caffeine when taken orally, presenting a sufficient duration to be utilized as a productivity aid to fend off grogginess from lack of sleep/hangovers/poor mood.

5. Mercc96

Mercc96 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.

Swim used DMAA on two seperate occasions but had done a little experimenting before (namely insufflating small amounts...horrible burn and drip). I do not have a scale to measure so amounts were guessed but never huge.

Swim put the white powder into small capsules, size 0 and take maybe 2 to 4 on one occasion and felt that the effects were pleasant, calm, energetic, slight euphoria with no jitters or any other side effects.
    The effects were present maybe half an hour to an hour after taking the capsules.

Later into the night I decided to try using some elemi oil they had purchased. Dropped a few droplets onto the tongue, and into milk.
    Swim enjoyed the effects such as colour changes, slight tracers and swirly things on the wall adacent to their bed. Thoroughly enjoyable.

A few days later I went to a party armed with a bottle of whiskey, rum, 2 size 0 capsules filled with 5 grinded madagascan hawaiin baby woodrose and 4 size 0 capsules of DMAA/caffein/edephrine.
    Swim soon discovered that whiskey and a bottle of rum should not be mixed with Geranamine and that taking hawaiin baby woodrose in capsule form does not work.

To this day I have little recollection of that night but remembers first being extremely chatty, happy but then being absolutely out of it and a friend of I said that I was certain someone had hit me in the jaw, but hadn't. And my jaw/teeth did hurt for a few days after .

In conclusion I believe that DMAA isn't absolutely mindblowing and the euphoria is minimal but its not unpleasant. And I believe that a small amount of alchohol might be nice with DMAA but not hard liquor or large amounts of booze.

6. Mercc96

Mercc96 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.

I have taken care of that and the scale should be arriving in the post soon. Then again I do not plan to be using Geranamine again and least not for a while.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  7. Gradient

Gradient Sentient alkaloid Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

The chimp has had some subsequent experiences with the compound, and feels a nuanced report is called for.

Dosage: Generalized overview of daily 50-75 mg (not simultaneous) for 4 days, as well as after a 3 day break
    Duration: Significantly reduced over time
    • body weight & height: 155 lbs, 5'10''
    • Male
    • Setting: Used to help with tedious preparations and correspondence
    • Tummy contents: Typically turkey sandwiches or quick-digesting proteins.
    • main effects: Subtle stimulation, reduced dramatically over time
    side effects: Rise in body temperature, lowered threshold for irritability
    • after effects: Fatigue, lowered motivation, sleepless sedation
    • rating of the experience: Repeated use exponentially reduces efficacy over the course of a few days
    • addictive qualities / abuse potential: Little to none

This chimp has been preparing for a major move out of the country to participate in a new circus of sorts, entailing a myriad of mundane correspondence, evaluations, and a host of other grueling planning to ensure his beloved chimp articles arrive safely.

Due to his absolute abhorrence of caffeine, and his newfound appreciation for the subtle effects of geranamine, he'd been gobbling 25 mg capsules first thing in the morning, followed by 50 mg about 4-5 hours later (depending upon his level of of general weariness). This was the pattern he followed, which appeared effective for the first 3 days. He had already decided that insufflation renders the compound ineffective quite rapidly - and it's unclear as to whether tolerance is the culprit - causing him to abandon the route altogether.

Upon the fourth day, the dosage didn't seem to provide an equivalent sense of comfortably subtle stimulation - replaced by a familiar sense of urgency and irritability characterizing most adrenergic agents administered to the simian. He would verbalize his aggravation at repetitive tasks, occasionally slap his own thigh, and maintain a thoroughly furrowed brow. Despite following his regular dosage, he felt the urge to nap in between doses - which proved entirely impossible and frustrating. Tolerance, it seemed was reducing the efficacy, as well as modifying the effects, of the agent quite quickly.

A loathsome standardized test was to be administered to the simian after the next three days, and therefore he decided to terminate use of geranamine until the day of the test. The days without the compound were uncharacteristically unproductive, though absent of irritability (and humor, incidentally). The only 'withdrawl' symptom seemed to be a slight lack of motivation and overall sense of exhaustion. This proved to be the right decision; the test was performed quite nicely - despite marathon-esque length - and the original effects of the compound returned in apparent entirety.

Overall Sentiments: this compound is not an optimal replacement for typical daily stimulants, despite the subtlety of effects and decidedly absent addictive qualities. Tolerance appears to develop quite rapidly - more so than with other stimulants of comparable effects. It is, however, quite useful when taken irregularly; while tolerance seems to manifest rapidly, it seems to attenuate just as, if not more, rapidly.

8. stevein7

stevein7 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    52 y/o from U.S.A.

25mg, but on a 0.00 scale, that is approx.

snorted most ...painful, never again.

Effects built up after hours, pleasantish, no great clarity, some energy.

Sleeping that night was very poor.

Next time , parachute and try the gym.

Overall, positive mainly because it is so cheap and seems safe.

9. Dkonstrukt

Dkonstrukt Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I have recently tried this substance and reported the below details to me.

Dosage: 120 mg in one dose
    Duration: 5 hours

• 70KGs; 171 cms ;Male

• Setting: This substance is legal in SWIM's current country of residence. I am an office monkey. He took the full does at 2pm in the office.

• duration of main effects: 4 - 5 hours

• main effects: SWIM told me he has quite high tolerance to stims, hence the largish dosing. He says the effects are similar to ephedrine hcl, without the raised heart beat and he found it rather less euphoric (than eph.hcl). Similar to Eph. hcl, the effects are potentiated by caffeine.

• Swim told me that quite strong Nausea and paranoia kicks in after 4 hours and he noticed a strong compulsion to hit the booze around this time (SWIM told me that this is a typical repsonse in him to comedowns from stimulants).

• SWIM slept OK that night
    • rating of the experience : poor due to strong Nausea
    • addictive qualities / abuse potential: low

* BLood pressure/heart rate changes if they can be monitored: NO

10. stevein7

stevein7 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    52 y/o from U.S.A.

Somewhere between 30-50 mg on a scale not sensitive enough to measure

not to stronfg second time around, weight trained on it, good endurance.

Seems to last for ages , despite early morning dose, still sleep is tough.

Even next day there is some residue.

11. kenaz

kenaz Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from New Jersey, U.S.A.

Report from my pit bull, Mookie.

Originally Posted by EXAMPLE
    Dosage: 12 mg in one glass juice
    Duration: 2 hours
    When posting a experience, please describe:
    • body weight & height: 175cm, 90kg
    • dose taken: 25-75mg
    • route of administration: various
    • Setting: in what environment it was taken: various

Mookie enjoys one or two DMAA capsules with his large mug of morning coffee. This makes him cheery and puts some spring in his step - and who doesn't want a cheery pit bull? Mookie has sampled DMAA on its own but prefers it as part of a caffeine cocktail.

Mookie has found that caution is required when dosing. 50mg is a nice bit of stimulation and a mood lift: 100mg can lead to stomach-churning nervousness and gurning, along with profuse sweating and tremors. This is a drug which works very well as a mild stimulant and pick-me-up. If you're looking for the legal version of crystal meth, you should look elsewhere. As other pit bulls have noted, the peripheral effects will start to kick in long before you get your dopamine rush - and Mookie suspects a DMAA overdose would be seriously harsh.

Mookie didn't notice much in the way of comedown when using moderate amounts. He suspects that once you get outside the 25-75mg comfort zone there could be a nasty crash.

12. rightstyle

rightstyle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from sweden

• body weight & height: 179cm, 63kg
    • dose taken: 25mg in combination with a cup of coffee
    • route of administration: oral
    • Setting: At home
    • Main effects: Subtle stimulation, some euphoria
    Side effects: Rise in body temperature
    • After effects: Fatigue
    • Rating of the experience: Great experience, nice stimulant for use when cleaning and doing other work.
    • addictive qualities / abuse potential: Little, Not much euphoria and nausea would probally take over before one would get a rush out of it.

I tried geranamine for the first time today.
    After 30 minutes started to feel some nice bodiliy euphoria and a strange feeling in the head. I feltthat it was easy to concentrate on normally boring tasks.
    After 1 hour the effects plateaued and continued to last for sevral hours.

Some nausea was present during the whole experience, which makes me think that higher doses would be highly unpleaseant

I feltthat the bodily effects where small, no high pulse, etc.

Rather nice stimulant. Comparable to ephedrine but with lesser body effects and a little bit more euphoric.

13. Mercc96

Mercc96 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.

Once again Swim discovered what geranamine should not be mixed with...20 grams of kratom. Swim drank 4 teaspoonfuls of geranamine with 2 shots of margarita and 2 pints of hoegaarden. Not much is to be said about this experience, except maybe 10 minutes of fantastic pleasure followed by 48 hours of vomiting. Even my friend of iron stomach was vommiting all the next day. In conclusion do not mix kratom with DMAA, or at least only stick to very small amounts. Alcholol does seem to be the common denomintor thouhg.

14. Wayne Brady

Wayne Brady Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: 1,3-dimethylamylamine

Headache confirmed!

SwiWanyne Brady or me has been playing with this chemical. He told me that it can be useful. Not recreational, but a very natural "balls to the wall feeling" when insufflated (~40mg and ouch in his nose, but what a rush.) "If you need to get somethin done and not mind doing it, do this" he told me. Nasal pain in the noggin is short apparently and not even close to the pain in he noggin, cranial, brain, thinkin area region itself when overdone. This has only happened to him with a redose, 40mg + 40mg @~ t+1:00. He had also drank ~3 5% brews (dehydration or somethin a factor?.) Just for the record, he said that he also smoked some JWH-210 and JWH-081, infused in damiana and that helped get rid of headache. From what he said it is good for what it has already been used for, physical exertion.

15. sometimesthingsget

sometimesthingsget Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia

Swim will share some of his DMAA experiences, both by itself and with other substances.

First Experience (DMAA+GBL)
    I have been using GBL that same day, and was on the tail end of his last GBL dose. (Which was pproximately 2mls)
    Swim dosed 30mg of DMAA and consumed with juice.
    After about an hour, when the effects of the GBL had completely worn off, I felt pleasurable rushes throughout his head, and a slight energy increase. The effects were subtle but noticeable and very enjoyable. These gentle rushes lasted for an hour, when they began to taper off and I was left feeling slightly aching and tired. Not unpleasant, but swim simply felt lethargic. This was felt as a positive experience and I had high hopes for DMAA.

Second Experience (DMAA)
    I decided to try DMAA by itself, and dosed 30mg which was consumed with juice. I had no other substances in his body at the time. This experience was dissapointing as minimal effects were felt. After an hour and a half from dosing, I felt a slight energy increase and better mood, but nothing else.

Future experimentations with DMAA proved similar to the second, DMAA seemed to have minimal effect by itself. I tried 30, 40, 50 and 60 mg doses over time and did feel increased effects at higher doses, but nothing particularly enjoyable. In fact, DMAA seemed to make swim have body aches and feel lethargic. Swim read more about what substances were good to combine with DMAA, and found caffeine.

DMAA+Caffeine
    Swim combined 30mg of DMAA with 90-100mg of caffeine and placed it into a capsule. After about and hour after consumption, I felt an energy increase and similar rushes he had when he first tried DMAA. He felt sociable, lively and had a great mood for hours. Body aches were not noticed.
    Swim proceeded to try higher doses of DMAA with a stable 90-100mg of caffeine over time. He has found around 70mg of DMAA work well for him in this combination. Effects do take time to manifest however, and I has noticed that in some cases he does not feel any effects until two hours after taking the dose. I would highly recommend this combination to others curious about DMAA. Doses should start at around 30mg of DMAA to 80mg of caffeine to asess your own tolerance.

DMAA+GBL
    I have tried combining DMAA with GBL on subsequent occasions after his first experience. He has tried DMAA before taking GBL, during his GBL experience and after. He has found that taking DMAA before taking a dose of GBL masks the intoxication and can be frustrating. It is not recommended. This is the same for during. I have only has positive experiences trying DMAA after GBL.
    That being said, I do not consider this to be a good combination at all.
    Rather, I has found that 10mg of methylphenidate insufflated while taking GBL will provide an astounding wave of euphoria. But I will not get off topic.

DMAA+Caffeine+Alcohol
    Taking the doses stated above of DMAA and caffeine, combined with 2-3 standard drinks of alcohol can be a pleasurable experience. The rushes from the DMAA are felt alongside the mild buzz from the alcohol. This is a great combination for evenings out. I do not recommend combining DMAA or caffeine with large amounts of alcohol.

DMAA+MDMA
    I have taken 60mg of DMAA after taking 110mg of MDMA. This was not enjoyable and is not recommened. The effects from the DMAA were hardly felt, and what was felt interupted the positive feelings from the MDMA.

Smoking DMAA
    I have tried to smoke DMAA, after finding limited information about this practice, I decided to experiment himself. I found the DMAA was similar to methamphetamine in the way it melted then vapourized. It was not difficult to smoke; the taste of the smoke wasn't pleasant but it was easy to inhale.
    For his first attempt, I smoked 20mg of DMAA. He found limited to no effects. After about five minutes, I noticed some slight DMAA effects, but these gave way to body aches and tiredness. Not enjoyable.
    I did not give up, he later tried slowly increasing the dose over time, and found at higher doses more effects can be felt. However, these generally always give way to the body aches and sometimes a headache. I do not recommend smoking DMAA.

Insufflating DMAA
    I have a simple answer for those who ask about snorting DMAA. Don't do it. You will regret it the second you try it. Unbearable pain that lasts for a few minutes results, and the effects felt are not worth the pain. Oral consumption is recommended.

Sorry for this ridiculously long post, but I just wanted to share his experiences.

Be safe!

16. Wayne Brady

Wayne Brady Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My buddy has been playing with the stuff and says that atomization is the way to go. 20mg/ml in tap water works fine I guess. Not so rough on the nose piece (as opposed to raw DMAA) this guy is tellin me. Short lived but will get you out of bed in the morning!

I can get some more details from him if anyone is interested. Let me know DF family.

17. SomeDays

SomeDays Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Does anyone know how long before it kicks in on a empty stomach?

18. SomeDays

SomeDays Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

SWIM told me it only takes 5-15 minutes.

19. syntheticconnectionsgm

syntheticconnectionsgm Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    insufflation:snort: around 5 mg longevidy 1.5 mood inhanced my plant was more confidant alert and felt like beaing on the move, played exelant a pool laging and slite desiger for more lol , my plant is going to receve a alternitive administration. first post dont blast me

20. Tech House

Tech House Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    On another web forum, something obscure which I can't find now (unfortunately), there was a rave review of stacking DMAA, PEA, and hordenine. Given the effects of each of these substances alone, one would want to proceed with caution in experimenting unless one can find reliable info on the stack. There's a really depressed low-energy dog who belongs to a friend's neighbor, and the dog's caretaker is going to add a small amount of the supplement combo to the AM dog food to see if it perks up Old Yeller. If he carries out this experiment then I'll report on anything I hear about it.