1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

DMT drug tests

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by ganjer, Dec 12, 2005.

1. ganjer

ganjer

Reputation Points:
    Are there drug tests that test for DMT?
    I've read that it creates false positives for shrooms; any truth to this?

2. scitech

scitech

Reputation Points:
    Theoretically it could...but its unlikely to test for shrooms at all

Another factor is the existance of various tryptamines in the mind, so tryptamines being in the blood doesnt matter much

-sCi

3. thatsall

thatsall Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    yeah im not posative but a friend whose mother works at a hospital says they dont test for mushrooms at all most of the time. the reason being there are so many starnds and it would be to expensive and what not.

4. ganjer

ganjer

Reputation Points:
    I dunno where I get tested, they test for things like DXM, and pills, so I think it's possible that they test for mushrooms

5. Bkultra

Bkultra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    They can not test for either n,n-DMT or 5-MeO-DMT if you check www.erowid.com you will see they post info on every drug and if i can be test or is commonly tested. The main reason i see DMT being imposible to test for is that it is in our brain and body normaly. If fact we release it every night when we sleep.

6. CrystalDextro

CrystalDextro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A standard test usually tests for cocaine, meth, marijuana, herion(opiods positive) & pcp (i'm pretty sure thats right on) advanced testing covers dxm?(I think recently changed) & various pills

7. marleysherb

marleysherb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Most drugs tests can test a false positive on some substances, but testing for DMT is highly unlikely. DMT is so rare that it takes a hobbiest to accually make it, and not a "club drug" by far. Ask anyone you know what dmt is and they won't know...even most of the heads you would bet on. Now, if it ever becomes publicized, then you can bet on it. until then...AYA!

8. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    have you actually come up on a test for pills or dxm because at a treatment center or a PO will lie to you because they dont know much about their own drug tests but they do know that those drugs can cause false positives or at least they think they will so they try to keep you scared so you wont do it. my treatment told me they had extended tests and i would come up for mushrooms on them. i took a piss test 2 days after takign shrooms and i took a piss test on shrooms and passed both.

9. Fantasian

Fantasian

Reputation Points:
    Virtually no tests unless specifically changed to do so can test for Mushrooms, i am not sure about DMT but i would expect the same result.

None of the regular tests can pick up Mushrooms, it is mentioned in numerous texts that the test for mushrooms is only undertaken when mushroom intoxication is already suspected.

It is also notable at this time that DMT and mushrooms both are gone from the Urine and blood steam within 3 days MAXIMUM.

10. dreamatrix

dreamatrix Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    dmt and various other chemicals are syntesized by your own brain, ive had dreams that go way beyond any drug experience ,, dont think they will be able to trace any tryptamine back that fast ,otherwise just claim its endegenous dmt and show em strassmans book,,

11. lofinikita

lofinikita Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This is an old thread, but as of today, I find at least one company that says it can test for tryptamines. So it's going to be a question of how hard they look. Which is logical. Everything generates metabolites. The notion that DMT is endogenous and therefore can't be detected, seems to be apocryphal.