DMT effects different than usual?

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by Ellis D., Nov 23, 2006.

1. Ellis D.

Ellis D. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hello folks,

A friend of mine named I had some very amazing but from what I’ve seen, unusual, experiences on DMT. SWIM acquired enough (freebase) for "one good trip" according to the giving end but SWIM decided to try a small amount before doing it all. The effects were very strong but felt like it could have been a lot stronger, as the room surroundings began looking very sharp and alive but this soon faded.

What SWIM and I are curious about is I smoked the rest a few days later and felt an overwhelming sense of peace, well being, and loss of ego, but no visuals. He was not projected into some other dimension or into a kaleidoscope of colors and designs like almost all of the DMT trip experiences talk about.

Instead the room turned to a glowing yellow-gold light like a giant candle was lit along with feelings of overwhelming peace. I said the experience also brought a few very good memories from his childhood to mind, and he wonders if it was like he experienced a rebirth or death, and then relived his life with a few memories but mostly a collaboration of feelings from his entire life up until the time of his trip where I was tuned into his a stream and got a rush of his past history energetically via DMT. Hope that makes sense…

I said the whole experience lasted about as long as a normal DMT trip and was somewhat comparable in feeling to a high dose of LSD. I was hoping for some intense hallucinations, but was still happy with the experience. He wonders if the experience would have been more colorful if he did it all at once like his hookup suggested.

Does this sound like a DMT trip? Any thoughts on what it might have been if it wasn't DMT?

~Thanks & peace

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Neosapien

Neosapien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Mileage varies heavily with DMT, it sounds like swim just didn't get quite enough for the visuals to kick in. The past recollection sound a lot like DMT tripping.

3. snow child

snow child Newbie

Reputation Points:
    has swim ever tried to get a small dose of dmt and see if he get's the same trip agian.

4. Ellis D.

Ellis D. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I did take enough for visuals both times, the second time was more like he took so much that he broke through the visuals and went into some kind of pure zen state of mind...

Unfortunatelly DMT is hard to find around here so it may be a while before SWIM can explore again.

5. freemynd

freemynd Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Was there any music on? I have found that music makes a big difference when it comes to going to hyperspace.