DMT question

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by phetalover, Jan 7, 2007.

1. phetalover

phetalover Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My friend who isnt me has a few questions about DMT as this chemical has interested him recently. my questions are...:Does DMT have to be taken with an MAOI if smoked? Can DMT be be extracted from plants containing high amounts and is it hard? If simple how does one do it? Links, PMs or other such things would be much appreciated. As I am very interested in this and would like to have answers. :D

(my apologies if these questions have been asked already moderators, feel free to delete...)

2. Neosapien

Neosapien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Rather than give you links I'll just advise to use the search engine on these forums and you'll get all the information that you need.
    To answer your questions; no an MAOI is not needed for smoked DMT, no it is not hard to extract from plants, on your very first search, look up the Marsofold tek. Good luck.

3. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    No MAOI needed when smoked... It's fairly easy to extract from mimosa hostilis rootbark.. The marsofold tek is easy enough.. I don't feel like explaining the whole tek again, but if You has any questions on the details, I would be happy to help..

4. scyrusurcys

scyrusurcys Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have a question regarding the Mimosa Hostilis Rootbark:

In a tek that he read, it states that 1 pound of bark will create 2-1/2 grams of DMT. He also has been looking on various websites to purchase this root, but wonders how much DMT would be created from a 2-ounce purchase? From simple math, he has calculated that approximately 0.35 grams would be made. Would this be a reasonable answer?

Also, exactly how much is needed when smoking DMT? [For a 'medium' experience].

5. Neosapien

Neosapien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Figure .5% as being your maximum yield.
    Most people settle on somewhere around 50mg as an average dose. Mileage varies widely though.