DMT/syrian rue pharmahuasca dosage inquiry

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by peregrin23, Oct 19, 2006.

1. peregrin23

peregrin23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    an overheard snippet...
    " I am currently in the process of cleansing as he is undertaking a large DMT extraction and feel that the purer his body and intent,the finer the end result."
    "when,(providing all goes well)this is finished,he intends on fasting and brewing a mix of DMT crystal and syrian rue seed,he am unsure as to the amounts to be used and would dearly like to be illuminated on the matter."
    This is interesting,such a mix would work,brewing only the seed,and ingesting the DMT in a capsule,I would also appreciate any first hand accounts of taking this mix in a sacremental way,with intent to heal and expand..thanx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2006
  2. hotaru

hotaru Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: dmt/syrian rue question

Hi peregrin

This is certainly possible. Some people believe that taking oral DMT extractions ("pharmahuasca") do not contain the "spirit of the plant." Personally I don't subscribe to this, and a combination of MAOI and DMT crystals will work. It will have a different character than a brew made from the whole plants, though.

In terms of dosage, about 3 grams of syrian rue seeds are needed for MAO inhibition. Certainly don't take more than 5g; rue has some nasties in it that don't agree with the stomach. You may want to look into a rue extraction to get rid of the extraneous plant matter. Take the rue 45 minutes to an hour before the DMT.

As for the DMT; you's mileage may vary depending on the purity of the extract, but here are some general guidelines:

30-60mg - Threshold and light visuals.
    100mg - Good starting does, effects are pronounced but still "workable" and not overwhelming.
    200mg - Very visionary, still workable, obviously much stronger than 100mg though. May produce effects such as describe in 300mg for some people.
    300mg - Strong effects, out-of-body and interdimmensional effects.
    A very high dose for the majority of people
    400-500mg - Higher than necessary, probably, unless the person has a very high body weight or is a "hardhead" to drugs in general. Sensory overload, may too much information to be valuable. Recall will begin to be effected noticably.

You might already, but make sure to know the dangers of MAOIs when combined with certain foods and drinks. It is a very serious danger. Fasting might not be enough, depending on the duration. And start low, this can be quite a ride. Enjoy it!

-Hotaru

[credit goes to Pip for his excellent oral DMT guide]

3. peregrin23

peregrin23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o

thank you horatu.
    having no previous experience with ayahuaska has made swim curious as to the plant teacher/s to be met,and as with anything intent is a key,dmt has taught swim the importance of opening to love(I am NOT by nature fluffy-has simply come to understand that truth lies at the heart of cliche!)
    again thank you your info is appreciated-maybe see you out there!-

4. freemynd

freemynd Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

peregrin23: harmaline will also work. taking approx 150mg of it (3 doses of 50mg about 20 min apart), followed by 50-200mg of DMT (about 45 min after the last dose). or so I have been told.

5. CoryInJapan

CoryInJapan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I did 50mg DMT with 3.5 ish grams of Syrian rue and got light visual effects but no actual visuals.Was in DMT mental space so I would say I had a light thresh hold experience

Swim might be doin 100mg today will make a comment about it if I do.

6. Icelos

Icelos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Does spacing out the harmaline doses help with nausea? I am going to be doing the extracted dmt/extracted syrian rue mix soon. He has a crude syrian rue extract that he made. He tested it last night to make sure it was effective. And while it was, he ended up riding the puke train pretty hard a couple hours in. (Thankfully he calculated his dose low or it would've been really ugly).

Would spacing it out when he takes his dmt help with sickness?

7. Neosapien

Neosapien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Spacing it would help, but getting out the rue nasties would help a lot more. Dissolve the extract in some acidulated water, filter it, and defat the solution with a little naptha - Ronsonal would work in this case. One could dry that down and have a harmala salt or base it with a bit of ammonia and filter out the precipitated alks. Either one should result in a nausea free trip - at least on it's own.
    The adjunct adds a whole other dimension.

8. CoryInJapan

CoryInJapan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I have taken Syrien Rue seed powder 3.5 grams and go no nausea.
    Ill say yes to your question from what I have read many many many times.

Usually say You has 6 capsules full of w/e MAOI You would be using.

take 2 ever 10 minutes