Do any Heroin users agree with this analogy?

Discussion in 'Opiate & Opioid addiction' started by accountphil, Feb 1, 2005.

1. accountphil

accountphil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    To me providing someone with heroin in just like providing an African with a car. If you give someone heroin everyday for 5 years and then took it off them they would be pissed off, but if they were depressed before you gave them their first hit they would not want to go on living without heroin where as 5 years ago they knew life sucked but they didn't know any different.

Now if you provide an African with a car for 5 years then take it off him he will be pissed off. But if water is near by and the car was really just for showing off he would get over it but if the guy used to walk 20km every single day for water and you took the car off him he would want to die because although his situation hasn't changed from 5 years ago he has seen the other life, the life that is enjoyable and isn't just about surviving.

I would like the opinion of any heroin users and non heroin users think about it and think how bad a life most heroin users have had because they all knew they would get hooked and that getting hooked is very painful but they still chose it because it was better than living in their constantly depressed and suicidal head.

2. Endlösung

Endlösung Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Most if not all heroin addicts are depressives, people who arent deppressed usuallyget no euphoric and hence addictingeffects from opiates. If they dont make you happy whats the sence in abusing them? I don't agree with the analogy. Who are you to say how a heroin addict coming off feels? or an african for that matter. Plus its a strange analogy in the first place.

3. Alquimista

Alquimista Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Very strange analogy indeed. Kinda made some sence... but then again not. I have read and studied about heroin but still dont understand the catch - why people start doing it if it really destroys you so much?

4. Stingray_313

Stingray_313 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If you want to see a lot of really important information about heroin,
    watch "Requiem for a Dream"... i do caution you tho, any addict who
    watches it might seriously get depressed and probably have some serious
    mental problems...

5. NoWorldOrder

NoWorldOrder Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I have banged and chased the dragon, but I got out of way of the train before it hit me. I guess I'm just lucky. I can't really relate to the analogy because I didn't start using to escape a bad life. I just wanted to se what all the fuss was about. I can tell you that for me the first week with heroin was the best. I would get the nods and then go off to a dream world that I could controle. Like lucid dreams on demand. But the second and third week dreams were different because I had no control. By the end of the second month I would just pass out and not remember any thing. That was when I decided to leave town.

6. icecrew

icecrew Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think heroin control use is possible, everyone knows what it does to you and users rnt aliens they do to some people just choose to get hooked on it n dont stop because they dont like life, others just do it because they think it feels good and HAVE control over it and KNOW when to stop 1 of those people is me.

7. speedqueen

speedqueen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's an addictive substance when used regularly..and some people are by nature...addicts! They don't choose to be addicted, they don't do it because they don't like life..they can't live without it..to them it's their oxygen, bread and water!

Speedqueen

8. Metamountain

Metamountain Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Insidiously addicting it changes the very pattern of thinking in terms
    of substance abuse.Imho its this ego inflation and then deflation that
    is the root of any addiction.Personalties are made addictive by this
    drug even if you may not be an addictive personality to begin with.And
    frankly any substance that offers a 'good' body and mind high each and
    every time is gonna have a price hidden some where.....

just my thoughts....

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
  9. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I say if you have enough founds to support a heroin addiction, there are really no side effects to the drug. People get fucked because they generally waste all of their money on it and end up in some serious trouble.

Heroin is not a good drug to use because you're depressed, because you'll most likely let it be the boss. Experiment with other drugs, and find something that you enjoy besides drugs. Like playing guitar or something.

10. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    I have been a heroin addict for 3yrs now althouh i have not been useing for the past 6 months. i have been on methidone twice now the first time i came of that and when onto subutext which is a blocker but stop takeing it in order to use again then after a breaf relapes i am no back on meth and stabile. i started useing as i was a night club manager working 80/90hrs a week and clubbing in between. i used a lot of drugs and found heroin was a good way to come down at the end of the week and for me to chill out and get some rest. after about 3 months i started useing it more and more as i enjoyed it and found it help in my life after another few months i had a realy bad habbit me and my partner where doing about 1/4oz a day between use at that point i wanted to stop but when i tred i feelt exstramly ill could not get out of bed with out beeing sick. could not eat, sleep ect i also felt my emotions again and felt very down depresed and suicidal. suicide seamed the easest way out for me not to feel the way i did. however i new with a hit all my problems would seam to dissaper even though they where still there. anyhow needles to say i ended up loseing my job and my house at the time i was renting a loft appartment in soho london and i was in the drain looking up at the gutter. i carried on useing till i could get professional help which in the uk can take months to get treated. i was clean and stable on methidone for about 6 months when i moved back home with my parents, but because i moved the drug treatment service in my new area could not see me for two months. i went into withdrawal within 24hrs of my last lot of methidone with no profecinal help and feeling very ill i went and scored as i new it would stop withdrawel. i moved again to get treatment qwicker and have been mostly no useing since with the odd relaps on ocasions when iam stressed ect as i used it as a copeing mechanisum for so long. alot of people think that smack heads use through choise and we do to start with but i would not wish withdrawel on my worst enamy as it is an horrible exsperiance. fingers crossed i will not use agian but who nos maybe once in a while i will as useing once and not again for a few months can work and be fun but you have to be strong. but even if i never touch the stuff again i will always be a addict. i appologise for spelling mistakes but i am dyslexic and my spell check wont work on this page. thanks adz if anyone has any? i will gladly answer them and to anyone thinking about useing h i dont recomend it unless you are very strong willed and wont use it on a regular bassis.