1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Side effects - Do certain drugs make you hot or cold?

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by redn8, Jul 16, 2011.

1. redn8

redn8 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My cat takes oxycontin and complains of being cold all the time. We have to let her wear a blanket to stay warm.. Her house stays about 72 but she still complains of being cold.. Her partner takes no drug and is hot all the time, so there is cat fighting going on over the themostat.

Is this normal or is my cat just getting old?

2. whocaresdude91

whocaresdude91 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Virginia, U.S.A.
    That is extremely odd due to the fact that cats are supposed to get hot when taking opiate narcotics. SWIM's body temperature rises when he takes oxycodone. Does anyone else feel cold when taking Oxycodone? There has been instances where SWIM loves Oxycodone and feels great on it while SWIM's girlfriend gets a massive headache on it. Why is this drug so weird?

3. SlightlyBitter

SlightlyBitter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Amphetamines make my rat freezing cold probably because of the vasoconstrictive properties. As does MDMA.

Opiates make him sweat like crazy.

4. jackosiris

jackosiris Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    In my dogs experience oxycodone makes him feel warm and sometimes sweats (depending on the amount taken)...and has never felt cold or what-not when taking them... Due to feeling warm and sweating alot when taking high doses my dog was presribed propantheline bromide which stops sweating almost completely...

5. ukpothead

ukpothead Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.K.
    Personally, when I take my morphine tabs, I find myself sweating but freezing cold at the same time, so I assume that oxycodone would be more or less the same effects wise. But since I have no experience with oxy this is only a guess.

6. ellavader

ellavader Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    im just curious cuz i see u posting often in the opiats forums and u have made it clear that u are prescribed 2 40mg oxy per day legitimately......
    so im just curious as to why this time u decided to go incognito?? i do that sometimes also even tho i have a legit script, thats why im curious...lol

and oxy makes me sweat like crazy but sometimes my extremities get cold like my nose.....

7. redn8

redn8 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's a good question. All the drugs I take are prescribed medication so there's really any need to go incognito.

Must be a memory thing.

8. ellavader

ellavader Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    ok lol, i do it when im feeling a little paro lol

9. dabullsef

dabullsef Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Opiates make me feel warm, psychedelics usually make me cold. Benzo's and beer give me hot flashes and I feel like i'm going through menopause 30 years too early and as a man.

10. On The Nod

On The Nod Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Obviously Heroin makes you feel warm: I was thinking that tonight when he turned the central heating up ironically (replying to this thread) as it reminded swim of Heroin and for half a second he chereed up :)

11. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ive done oxycodone for a few year, on methadone now, but i have a lot of experience with it. it always made me hot, and would annoy the shit out of me. everyone is different, but you are the first person ive heard say it makes you cold.

12. redn8

redn8 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The cold I feel could be from some other drug I'm taking, but I first noticed being cold after being prescribed Oxy.

13. Tillianne

Tillianne Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I am prescribed Oxycodone right now due to the fact that I have two broken feet, and possibly other bad stuff. (will be having an MRI soon)

I have noticed that it does make me a little chilled sometimes.

14. drugs_bunny

drugs_bunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    this cats never been cold when ON Oxy...COLD..VERY COLD when NOT on it though! ALL opiates the bunny has taken (yeah im a bunny sorry about the confusion, my fluffy paws mistype sometime!) CODEINE, 'TRAMADOL', DIHYDROCODEINE, MORPHINE, OXY, METAHDONE, BUPRENORPHINE, DIAMORPHINE (and numerous others) ALWAYS flush my skin and make me very warm and pin point pupils..and always a desire to smoke like a fiend

15. 7373

7373 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from U.S.A.
    With the winter cold creeping in here, I was wondering if there were any good ways to stay warm when out for prolonged periods by using some drug/supplement...? I know that ginger is good for circulation and heats me up a bit.

Caffeine makes me sweat, especially my armpits, but it tends to leave my with cold hands and feet.

16. Beenthere2Hippie

Beenthere2Hippie The Constant Optimist Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had the same sweat reaction but to methadone only.The other opioids/opiates I've been prescribed over the years have never led to flushing like the methadone did. I've recently been put on morphine (15mg twice daily) along with continuing with percocet (5/325mg) for breakthrough pain and, thank goodness, don't have those awful sweat-flush/freezes that were a part of methadone use for me.

The methadone was so bad then when one of my physicians finally tied the sweat flushing and freezes to it, I left it behind for good. I never want to go through that A-G-A-I-N. It's the pits and, for me, made my life very limited during the time I was prescribed it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  17. jrd94

jrd94 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Honestly, it sounds like what your cat is facing is the usual WITHDRAWAL symptoms of opiates. However, yes, some drugs can cause a differentiation in temperatures because of their affect on the central nervous system and the brain. for example: stimulants speed everything up..so usually, that's when you'll get really sweaty etc. HOWEVER, once again..every one is different as individuals. now that i've used stimulants as an example downers can make you warm too, with the withdrawal of being cold.. etc.