Do not post about Cannabinoid blends, chemical snuffs, bzp or ethnobotanicals here!

Discussion in 'Herbal Ecstasy' started by Alfa, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    This forum is about the topic Herbal ecstasy. This means herbal formula's, commonly containing herbal extracts, vitamines, amino-acids. Herbal XTC products AKA smart products or herbal highs are mostly offered in trendy packaging with capsules or tablets.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2007
  2. Alfa

Reputation Points:
  3. AngelicFruitcake

AngelicFruitcake Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.K.
    Re: Do not post about PIPERAZINES (BZP / TFMPP) herbs or ethnobotanicals here!

Why are BZP containing pills sold as herbal pills? well they were when SWIM asked for them at her local headshop, I thought that was what all herbal pills had in them! :eek:

4. Fango

Fango Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

They were marketed as "Herbal Highs" but now most websites state they are synthetics. I think they are the only ones that can be held in comparison to X, I am yet to find a purely herbal that doesn't just mellow him out a bit.

5. honourableone

honourableone R.I.P. Gold Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
  6. Fango

Fango Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Far be it from me to suggest how the forums run, but wouldn't it be an idea to bundle everything the is legal into on forum, not necessarily one subsection, but stick everything under one section for Legal highs.

I know I started posting here because he couldn't see anywhere obvious to talk about legal smoking blends.

7. chillinwill

chillinwill Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

That wouldn't necessarily work because not everything is legal in all parts of the world. Since this is an international forum, Spice for instance might be legal here in the USA but banned in the EU

8. cannabis-sam

cannabis-sam Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
  9. honourableone

Reputation Points:

Even if Chillinwill's point wasn't an issue, I don't think I would like that. Legality has no bearing on the class or effects of a drug, or where it comes from, and there a many legal drugs that deserve their rightful place in their respective sections, rather than all being lumped together in a big mess of drugs which have no link apart from legal status. SWIM tries to ensure that the law has as little a bearing on his life as possible, and sticks to his own personal feelings of right and wrong instead of what he is told those feelings should be.

10. Alfa

Reputation Points:

You are very right and I have been contemplating a move, but the problem with this is that this goes for many similar blends of which we do not know which do and which do not contain synthetic cannabinoids.

11. honourableone

Reputation Points:

I would think that all of the blends (that have significant effects) would contain synthetic cannaboids, which is most on the market at the minute, but you have a valid point, especially with all the uncertainty. I can't think of another solution to the problem, but someone must have some bright ideas.

This mess of legal highs is just an annoying side effect of prohibition...

P.S. I already posted something similar to my original in the "improving drugs forum" thread, because I though it would be better suited there, and I had another idea to go with it. Just thought I would mention that so if anyone noticed it wouldn't seem like I was being annoyingly repetitive/persistant.

12. cannabis-sam

cannabis-sam Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan

Should this section not be herbal highs/ herbal blends/ unkown blends something along those lines rather than herbal ecstasy?

13. Alfa

Reputation Points:
  14. honourableone

Reputation Points:

OK. I reported one that you missed because it was a sticky. It will be interesting to see how well this works, because some confusion is inevitable. Could you change the title of this thread and the contents of the first post to include cannabinoids?

It seems like this section will still be busy enough with more general questions.

15. Alfa

Reputation Points:
  16. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Re: Do not post about Cannabinoid blends, chemical snuffs, bzp or ethnobotanicals her

The recent ban on synthetic cannabinoids in the UK (Dec 09) may make it a little easier to get an idea of which incense / smoking blends do and do not contain synthetic cannabinoids.

Unless the vendors have huge balls or are hugely stupid, one would assume all blends post Dec 2009 on the market in the UK are Cannabinoid free.

This is not to say they are not laced with other non-cannabinoid research chemicals however, but I suggest perhaps these blends be treated as herbal as far as product reviews go, at least until other information on their contents comes to light? It would be nice to think the success of Spice products may have motivated the research needed to discover real plant extracts that may be smoked for euphoric effect :)

Also of note are the new herbal sedatives starting to hit the UK market. I am highly suspect at least some of these products may contain Phenazepam, a Russian benzodiazepine drug, but only time will tell.

In any event, would be swimmers should exercise extreme caution when experimenting with any of these products. Start low (less than recommended dose if possible) and for sure do not combine with alcohol or other drugs / medication.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010