Drug info - Do poppy sea tea and Kratom share the same alkaloids???

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by wmjrmrr, May 10, 2012.

1. wmjrmrr

wmjrmrr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from U.S.A.
    Just wondering because I am withdrawing from kratom (which I'm pretty sure may be over) and would like some poppy seed tea but I'm not sure If I'll be taking a step back with my kratom withdrawl if they contain the same alkaloids???

Thanks ...

2. Lalaporo

Lalaporo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    No poppy seed tea contains morphine, codiene and other alkaloids found in the papaver somniferum (opium poppy) But if you use the poppy seed tea for this purpose you may become addicted to it instead and morphine withdraw is pretty bad

3. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    They dont contain the same alkaloids but there will be some cross tolerance due to them sharing receptors.
    If you can i would suggest waiting untill you are sure that you have put any withdrawals behind you by a few days before taking anything.

4. Lalaporo

Lalaporo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    I think he wants the poppy tea to help with withdraws if im understanding correctly.

5. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Yes, that was how i read it too. As there is cross tollerence if he takes poppy tea he will be taking the step back that he does not want to take.

If the OP must take something i would suggest he takes a little kratom, enough to help take the edge off the WD's but not enough to get high.

If the WD's are very bad then i would suggest he does a slow taper from the kratom.

6. wmjrmrr

wmjrmrr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the reply's. All I really feel is tired and unmotivated (not such if that from withdrawals). Really I was just looking for something to bet a little buzz going?

wmjrmrr added 22 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

I guess if it will mess with my kratom tolerance then I'll just hold out. Thanks for the advise.

Last edited: May 11, 2012