1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Vaporizing - Do "Spice" blends Vaporize?

Discussion in 'Cannabinoids' started by Sizaint, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Sizaint

Sizaint Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    AFOAF is looking for a healthier way to smoke their spice. AFOAF was wondering if buying a vaporizer would be worth it and if it would even work on the spice blends?
    AFOAF is intrested in the Vapir No2. AFOAF smoked a spice blend 3-4 times a day for depression/anxiety any help any could give AFOAF would much be appreciated. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
  2. nik12937

nik12937 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM has a lightbulb vape (not the same, but it still works for proof of concept if you know just how to heat it) and SWIM managed to vaporize a spice blend called Bonsai fairly easy, it seems to have a much lower vaporization temp than THC or CBD.

It CAN build up on the sides though, so if you get a hose vape, be careful of vaporizing the recondensed chemicals and getting too much.

3. Terrapinzflyer

Terrapinzflyer MDMA, RC & News Forums Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
  4. Sizaint

Sizaint Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    hmm kind of mixed messages in those posts, but thanks for linking them!

5. Terrapinzflyer

Terrapinzflyer MDMA, RC & News Forums Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    ^^ That was part of the point. I don't think there is a solid yes/no answer.

As far as I've been able to gather here there are just too many variables- from the substrate used (and likely its moisture level), to the cannabinoid(s) used, to the temperature and type of the vaporizer, and probably a number of other variables. Probably even a little opinion thrown in for good measure as to what constitutes successful vaporization.

I would love to see someone do a truly thorough write up of vaporizing canabinoids/cannabinoid blends.

6. Sizaint

Sizaint Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    hmm I don't know if OFOAF can justify a fairly decent $ amount purchase (the vape) with so little info :\ hmmm.

7. 72ogerrabbit

72ogerrabbit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    About 2mins ago swim just put together his glass bulb vaporizer and used a heatgun under the glass to vaporize the am-2201/damiana blend. He does get effects from it but it seems more needs to be used to get the effect.

8. CkenX

CkenX Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    AM-2201 does in fact vaporize, along with JWH-122, JWH-250, JWH-081, and JWH-203 through SWIMS research. SWIM did this using a Pyrex bulb-n-stem pipe. A BIC lighter would vaporize the substances nicely. I wish I knew at what temp these RCs vaporize at, but atleast SWIMS experienced each phenomena. Vaporizing it off a blend would work, however; the plant material itself may produce its own non-cannabinoid vapor. If you wanna reduce harm try using filters for the smoke.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011