Drug info - Do you prefer Kratom leaves or powder?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Alfa, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    How do you prefer your Kratom tea? Made with leaves or with powder? Do you strain or drink it as is? Please explain why.

2. Thcenigma

Thcenigma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I normally take10grams of thepremium powder and mix it with peppermint tea and drink it as fast as possible includeing the powder[​IMG] i find the effects are better then just steeping and straing the powder.Next time i purchase some i might try mixing it with orange juice because of the taste i've allso read that it extracts the alcaloids better in the tummy.Lately though i've been boiling the commercial leaves(not been able to afford the premium stuff lately)about 20grams and boiling it in water twice.Theni strain and thenboil the waterdown to about3/4 of a cup.the first few times i treid this i didn't noitce many affects mabye because i boiled to leaves to mutch. The last time i tried it i just did a low/simmer boil and the effecs were quite nice.I've only tried the super stuff a few times but it didn'tlook very fresh and green like you see on some websites. And it didn't seem mutch stronger than the 160mg /25 gram stuff. As for the extract I find the effecs can be very nice around the 12 gram range[​IMG] but thats only if you get a good batch! I've had some extracts that made me very sick i kept pukeing plant waxes allnight[​IMG]I've yet to find a supplier of the super enhanced leaf in the uk i carn't wait to get my hands on it!

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Good Kratom is very effective in the range of 5 grams.

4. Thcenigma

Thcenigma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    yeah good reasonably fresh and green driedkratom is very good stuff! [​IMG]same with good resin.not stored for ages at high tempsthough thattends to be abrown colour from some supliers regardless of the name/alcaloid content thebuzzis allways moderate nothing outstanding.Super kratom can be very effective at 5 grams If you don't have to mutch tolerence to kratom. Edited by: Thcenigma

5. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I buy whole leaves or crushed leaves. Powder tends to loose potency quicker. I store the leaves in my freezer and grind them in a coffee grinder when I'm ready for more. I make the tea and strain, and save all the spent material, as it can be mixed in apple sauce and eaten if you wanna penny pinch. Another idea would be to boil all your spent material at once for another brew. If your not gonna strain the material outa the tea though, I would just save all the trouble and eat it as is w/ apple sauce, ect. It's just as effective, if not more and it tastes much better.

6. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I prefer making tea with the leaves. The powder leaves sediment in tea
    no matter how well filtered, and the residue often disagrees with my
    stomach.

However the 'original,' or 'commercial' strength kratom leaf (as it
    is variously referred to) seems pretty crappy to me, and all the well-
    known vendors are currently out of high-strength leaf, and only selling
    leaf which takes 10+g per dose. So I'm stuck using premium-strength
    powder made into tea, which frankly seems a bit weaker than tea made
    out of 'premium'-strength leaf.

The recently-available, but quickly sold-out, products which combined an
    extract with the leaf, called 'super-enhanced powder', showed great
    promise, both made into tea and taken straight mixed into food.
    Hopefully they will show up again soon...Edited by: radiometer

7. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    I tried making the tea with crushed leaf and I noticed it tasted much better. I also noticed that it was MUCH weaker in effects. Powderizing the material allows more contact with the boiling water, so it seems likely that powdered material is better for making the tea. Thats just me though.

8. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I prefer using powder, as it simply allows more of the alkaloids to be extracted more easily. IMO, boiling kratom twice (both powder and leaves) is critical, since you get at best 50-60% of available alkaloids the first boiling, and most of the rest the second time.

I usually just let the powder settle to the bottom after boiling, and pour the liquid into another container while keeping the powder in with a spoon. Very little gets into the final result, and what little gets in there has no taste. Filtering is too time consuming and messy, in my opinion.Edited by: Nicaine

9. Thcenigma

Thcenigma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Has anyone tried kratom powder in orange juice? do you think the acids in it help the kratom to be extracted better in the stomach ?

10. OneOfMany

OneOfMany Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I haven't tried OJ, but I'd guess that the HCl already in your stomach would work just as well if acid is what is needed. Might be interesting to compare lower and higher water amounts in doses with personal onset/effect level.

I am interested by the above comments that you can just eat it in something likeapplesauce. If it is a similar experience then why is everyone making a time consuming tea instead? Seems like it must be worth the extra work though.

11. Red_Baran

Red_Baran Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i just throw it to the back of my mouth and drink it down with grapefruit juice, or if its enhanced (witch is worth the money) I leave it under my tong for about 5 min or so then drink down some grapefruit juice.

I love the stuff, I have been using it for like 6 months straight, got to tell you tolerance goes up really fast<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

12. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    I think eating is the most efficient way to consume kratom. It seems to hit me the strongest, and lasts the longest. The only advantage over the tea is that the tea brings about quicker onset of effects.

13. Kratom86

Kratom86 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've found the greatest effects to be double boiling and filtering 4
    tablespoons of extract powder (170 mg per 25g). I find the
    euphoria and opioid like effects to be very strong, and In fact enjoy
    it more than heroin (snorting only, no IV). My favorite drug of
    the moment.

14. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    4 tablespoons of extract?! Doesn't that make you sick??? I used to get nice euphoric effects from just 2 tablespoons of strong kratom leaf.

I once tried a very high dose of extract and leaf, in fact I posted my story on this forum. I think it came out to be over 60 grams of leaf boiled into tea. I never felt so utterly stoned in my life, and there were times in which I just didn't remember anything. The hangover lasted about a day and a half. The half of the next day I felt very tired and drained of energy. That experience showed me that kratom is to be respected. No insane doses for me anymore hehe. But yea, I can see where a high dose of kratom can compare to heroin, although the hangover is much worse.

15. evanisgod

evanisgod Newbie

Reputation Points:
    is kratum legal and if so how/where can i procure it?

16. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    Yes it is legal and sources are only allowed to be posted in the sources forum... So please do not ask.

17. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I tried the applesauce method and now likes it best ! I say can't
    stand the taste of the tea now, though at first it was fine. Encapsulating
    does not work, probably because it bypasses stomach acid. Does boiling
    the leaf material make it any more active than just ingesting it dry ?

Snapper

18. eyecheewawa

eyecheewawa Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My best results come from 2 teaspoons of the super powder mixed in a cup of yogurt eaten directly (no taste problems with yogurt). Then followed by a cup of hot coffee. Im feeling good within 10 to 15 minutes. And it seems to last a long time for me (6 hours).

19. HighwayMan

HighwayMan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I like to eat the powdered stuff. Personally I am very sensitive to its
    effects so I can usually get some very good vibes from as little as 2-3
    grams packed into capsules. For me it was well worth buying a capsule
    machine. That way when I want to take some I just pop like 4-10 premade
    00 size caps from my vitamin cabinet. Couldn't be easier.

20. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    Kratom powder 10x in OJ

I don't recomend this route, I put about 2 g of 10x powder in the OJ, no increased effects opposed to eating the stuff straight. The real problem with Kratom and OJ is the taste, it really doesnt help the taste at all, in fact i think it tastes almost as bad as the tea does. My recomendation is to take the amount of powder you like and put it in a cup with some water, about full, put it in the microwave for about 2 to 3 min then add a bag of black tea to the cup, stir it up with some sugar and drink it, no filter, this works great and doesn 't leave that much of a bad taste, other then grittyness.

-- Nera