Do you REALLY know what Research Chemical you just ingested?

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by m_tristan17, Sep 25, 2006.

1. m_tristan17

m_tristan17 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim will no longer take Research Chemicals until he can truly be sure what it is. That means getting a degree in organic chemistry. Having a lab and the know-how to test 'mail order' chemicals for himself by means other that tasting it.

Swim came to this conclusion during a frightening dream. It was in this dream that swim realized that perhaps there are people selling chemicals for reasons other than making money. Some crack-pot chemist that wants to test out his newest reaction on some unsuspecting guinea pigs with credit cards in hand. This chemist had an idea to creat a super molecule that would be the most mentally addictive drug ever created. One that could turn people into chemical slaves. Make them obsesse obout taking more, getting more, taking more, getting more.... Inspired by Shulgin this mad ego-driven chemist creats new chemicals every day. "Will this new chemical do what I want it to? Lets find out! There must be some fool who wants some 2c-i, or so he thinks... oops... back to the drawing board"

I have decided that the risks out weigh the return. I urge all of you to take stock of yourself and ask yourself the same questions. Why do I do this? What am I trying to achieve? Am I achiving my goals? Is this safe? Does my happiness depend on chemicals? Have I changed since I started? Is this change positive?

I have no regrets. I feel that I have been showed something very beautiful. I know there is MUCH more out there than my 5 senses can detect because of the experiences I have had. Its time to take all of this into the future. Make these experiences serve me and the rest of humanity positivly. I feel that doors have been opened, and now its time to stop looking into open doorways and walk through one.

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Very possible, but most unlikely. This thought seems to have sprung from paranoia. Unless there is a real situation You is talking about, You might want to close some of those doors, that have been opened. All research Chemicals should have a full CA(Certificate of Analsysis).

3. m_tristan17

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    As I said all of this was inspired by a dream. And you are right, it is very possible. As for the CA(Certificate of Analsysis). Sure, how many do you want? If someone can Photoshop Lindsy Lohans cooch on some paparazzi pic im sure a CA will be no problem. Let me whip out a few for Doi, Doc, 2c-b-y, and br-d-fly... as for paranoia... If you think that being scared of ingesting unknown untested unvarified chemicals obtained from 'someone' who can only be traced to an untraceable web address is being paranoid, then I think of anything else as being reckless.

Please don't overlook the fact that I said all of this fear was brought on by a bad dream and not by any factual experience.

Swim plans on doing his inner explorations in a more natural form in the future.
    Sticking to the plants and perhaps meditation. Has anyone had any experience with Holotropic Breathwork? This has just recently come to my attention. Is this a sham/hoax?

4. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have yet to run across any super-addictive research chem. True, there is no proof that what one orders is what one gets, even with spectral data, etc. However, there is enough documentation of the effects, appearance and properties of these molecules, as well as many knowledgable people to corroborate the reputation of some sources, which provides a reasonable assurance of authenticity. I think the same uncertainty applies to street drugs, and the odds are far greater that the street will be the testing ground for new super addictive substances, since anonymity is even easier. Take the recent cases of fentanyl-laced heroin...
    I think that there are and have been trustworthy sources. Perhaps yous dream was the normal variation found in many substances, or individual variation in response to that substance. Or perhaps a sketchy supplier who is deceptive.
    I cannot argue with caution, but yous fears are likely to have little foundation in reality for most researchers past and present.

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    No, that is not a sham. Could you please elaborate on that dream? Others may learn from it.

6. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    replace 'crack-pot chemist' with 'most nations' or 'big pharma companies,' cut out Shulgin as the source inspiration as they have been doing it before he came around, and you just about have the right picture.

and its been happening oh, for awhile now.

ever wonder about what truly causes gaps in legislation?

and a degree in neuropsychopharmacology or at least a Tanita scale, a couple reagent kits, plus abit of apriori research never hurt anyone...right?

7. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Even without access to a GC or NMR, melting points, reagent tests and simple physical appearance can all be assessed at home. The former alone typically helps a great deal, since melting points vary greatly with different products.
    Nanobrain, your points are well taken

8. m_tristan17

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So the beathwork can actually induce a profound experience? I read that Stanislav Grof was involved in the development of this, but really it dates back very far in time.

As for the dream/paranoic vision combined with extream anxiety which caused this idea to come into my head: it goes like this.

There are lots of people who have read pihkal and tihkal and obsessed over all of the chemicals in there. There are chemists who have continued the work of Shulgin with br-d-fly and 2c-b-fly being some results that come to mind. Who was the first human to take one of these substances? was it the chemist who created it? was it some kid in nebraska who thought he was buying 2c-b with his first credit card? I have the feeling deep down that there are people out there with the chemical ability as Shulgin but without the itegrity he posseses. These people could simply create new chemicals sell them over the internet to people ONLY outside there home country. Removing themselves from the seizures and overdoses and freakouts. AND legal ramifications. Im sure they are trolling this board and reading this right now.(your secrets out buddy). They submit to all the 'sources' forums and reviews giving themselves the thumbs up for certain. Oh that doi is great! Results just as expected! I would venture to guess that very few people who could tell the difference between 2-c's do'x during the first 4 hours. Is it 2c-e or some new 2c-seizure.

I'll admit im paranoid now.. so what. I'll admit that there are other issuses effecting this dream. Am I doing permanant damage? Will I become schizophrenic?(who said that?)... Can I go see music and go dancing with out a chemical helper and have fun?

So far I have not regretted opening myself up to this forum like this. Aside from one comment that did little but +1 to his post count. All of this has had a profound change in the way I live my life. Next I'll try eating healthy and exercising!

9. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    No one makes any promises, and all testimonials are just that - testimonials. Shulgin tasted 2cb-fly BTW before that kid in Nebraska, btw. You are not incorrect that there are some chems which have been put out there as the next best thing to X (ie-substituted piperazines, for example) with some recklessness, but there are and have been many honest sources out there who have proven trustworthy. You can't make a blanket statement.
    Erowid recommends knowing your substance and your source. The truth is that even with the Research Chemicals with a track record, no one really knows what could happen. There are few if any animal or human trials documented, and most information is anecdotal. Long term side effects, like going schizophrenic, are totally unknown. However, this is far from a conspiracy to produce the next crack or meth. Those who venture into uncharted territories should understand the risks before doing so, and if they feel there are negative consequences, stop.
    I think that getting 'healthy' first is a good idea, and all here should support whatever decision you have made regarding the routes to the expansion of your mind.
    Good luck

10. kb

kb Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Caution is key, and remember, these are "research" chemicals, which means to SWIM that one should know how to handle, test, and store these things before SWIM makes a decision for personal experiment.

And, as with anything, start small. "Not enough" is much safer than "Whoa, Nelly!!!!!!"

Safety first....

11. nanobrain

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    from Infinite Jest, the best bok ever:

yes i am paranoid, but am i paranoid enough?

-the Paranoid King

12. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just a quick question: how do you know that ANYTHING which you ingest is really what people say it is? Even organic drugs...or just anything. How do you know that a hamburger is a hamburger?

13. ponygirl

ponygirl Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    As for 'going schizophrenic' here is my personal story on this:

I have been on many drugs, from lithium to Haldol, Risperdol, Abilify...I can go on... from everything to eating disorders, schizophrenia, and Rapid cycling bi-polar disorder. Do I have any of these? I don't know. Do I take any of these meds? Hell no. Am I able to live my daily life and be happy? YES!

Chemicals...and more importantly diet...can effect the way our body takes in vitamins and minerals. I have been found to have a serious disease called Celiacs disease. I was very malnourished because my body was so damanged that it wouldn't absorb anything. The disease has been linked to Schizophrenia. Even Autistic kids do better and in some cases are cured by not eating wheat. Something to think about...has these chemicals effected my body perhaps in this manner? Is SWIM getting all the things he needs to get into his system?

Am I saying for everyone to get off your meds? No. But be aware that your body is a glorious thing...and sometimes it just isn't getting it's needs met and is crying out for attention.

And for the record...Hamburgers are not often hamburgers...they are tainted with additives and wheat and soy. Heck...your french fries are a lot of stuff other than potatos.

14. nanobrain

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    ^my first job as a teen was at Burger King, aka Hungry Jacks...lemme tellya, if you think you are always getting a hamburger on a bun, there was this one time when the ladies toilet flooded and soaked the buns and we were out and it was rush hour, but i digresss.

quantum entanglement ultimately implies we make our own reality. so rest easy in the knowledge that whatever you may believe to be true is in fact just so.

15. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    That is, of course, wise. However, You must be aware that there's probably a tenfold risk of any given "street drug" (including marijuana) being adulterated with various poisons of unknown origin, makeup and potency. Tobacco products fall into this category as well.

As long as You also has a strong aversion to purchasing *any* substance from any seller not regulated by the FDA or a similar organizatioin, it is a sane choice in SWIM's opinion. One just doesn't put anything even vaguely unknown in one's body, then.

16. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hello all, haven't posted in a while been away... but i always have useful info when i do post :)

This sounds like a nightmare....

Important bit -- *Though he bought the drug as pure methylone powder via an internet order, our chemical analyses indicated that the drug was composed of about 60% methylone (120 mg) and 38% 5-MeO-MIPT (76 mg)*

I would honestly feel more secure with RC's than random E/whatever crap tabs from the street but we shouldn't take anything for granted!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/..._uids=16876302&query_hl=1&itool=pubmed_docsum

Combined intoxication with methylone and 5-MeO-MIPT.

* Shimizu E,
    * Watanabe H,
    * Kojima T,
    * Hagiwara H,
    * Fujisaki M,
    * Miyatake R,
    * Hashimoto K,
    * Iyo M.

Department of Integrative Neurophysiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1-8-1 Inohana, Chuouku, Chiba 260-8670, Japan.

Although preclinical studies suggest that methylone (2-methylamino-1-[3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl]propan-1-one) and 5-MeO-MIPT (5-methoxy-N-methyl,N-isopropyl tryptamine) may have psychostimulant properties, the scientific reports about the clinical effects of these agents are scant. We describe a 27-year-old male patient with substance intoxication after a single ingestion of the mixture of methylone and 5-MeO-MIPT. Though he bought the drug as pure methylone powder via an internet order, our chemical analyses indicated that the drug was composed of about 60% methylone (120 mg) and 38% 5-MeO-MIPT (76 mg). This case report suggests that clinicians should be alert to the possibility of the emergence of methylone or 5-MeO-MIPT intoxication, and substance-related mental disorder may be complicated by combined use of other psychoactive drugs.

PMID: 16876302 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  17. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    you may find this thread helpful tristan. relevant information reproduced below. thanks to IB and erowid.

2-AminoIndan
    Orange to Red (slightly rusty)
    2C-C
    Starting brown going to Dark Lime Green (similar to 2C-B)
    2C-D
    Very light pink
    2C-E
    No reaction (!?)
    2C-I
    Dark Green to Black
    2C-T-2
    Orange to Red (usually a sort of salmon color)
    2C-T-4
    Orange to Red (usually a sort of salmon color)
    2C-T-7
    Orange to Red (salmon, again; also, there is less tendency towards orange than 2C-T-2 shows)
    3C-P
    Orange
    4-Acetoxy-DiPT
    Dirty (blackish) olive
    4-Methyl-Aminorex (u4euh)
    no color change
    4-MTA
    no color change
    5-MeO-DiPT
    Fizzes then turns yellow quickly changing to a slightly rusty orange
    Alpha-Methyl-DiPT
    Fizzes then turns brown
    AMT
    Dark brownish-yellow
    BDB
    Dark brown, nearly black
    Benzylpiperazine
    No color change, but it causes the reagent to fizz. Looks like when you pour hydrogen peroxide on a cut.
    DiPT
    Fizzes strongly then turns a neon yellow
    DPT
    Dirty olive
    Harmine
    Fizzes slightly, much less so than BZP, and turns a brown-orange rust color.
    IAP
    Immediate reaction to salmon/red, slowly intensifies to a darker red over 1min.
    MBDB
    Dark Brown to Black
    Methylone
    Yellow
    Opiates
    Pink to Purple
    Phenolphthalein
    Crimson
    PMA
    No color change
    TMA-2
    Lime Green (similar to 2C-B)
    TMA-6
    Yellow to Orange
    Yohimbine
    Fizzes slightly, much less so than BZP. Slowly (up to a minute), it will turn an olive green color.

2C-E
    light yellow/green within 10 seconds
    2C-I
    Immediate reaction to a reddish brown similar to drying blood
    2C-T-21
    Dark blood red which turns to an imperial purple over 30 seconds
    4-Methyl-Aminorex (u4euh)
    no color change
    IAP
    No Reaction
    MBDB
    Yellow
    TMA-6
    Dirty olive, gradually develops orange on the edges of the liquid puddle after about a minute

2C-E
    No reaction
    2C-I
    No reaction
    2C-T-21
    Greenish blue
    IAP
    No Reaction
    TMA-6
    Purple

cheers.

:joint:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  18. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    to put this into perspective most of the time if you eat a cheeseburger that has chemicals and soy in it it wont make you permanently retarded/psychotic/brainfried. if you take a 250mg dose of methylone that actually has 95mg of 5meomipt in it, it might be a little bit of a problem.

:joint:

19. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It's odd I have heard no reports to date on terrible reactions from this methylone/5-Meo-MiPT finding. But I am not surprised to see it is published by a branch of the US Government.

20. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^
    Wasn't that finding in one sample from Japan? There was no mention of the victim's death, so again a testimonial to the safety of 5meomipt (though that musta sucked !).