Do you smoke daily?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by meemeemee, Jul 9, 2005.

1. meemeemee

meemeemee Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's husband is convinced that "most" people who smoke pot smoke it every day, while I am convinced that isn't true. So a poll to see who's right: Do you smoke every day? If not, how often?

2. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    For 5 months I would smoke daily then off for a bit then for a month daily now it isnt even weekly, for me it depends on what im doing like if im working alot then i dont but if im not i will,

Though I don't think smoking daily can be classified as an addiction which is what I feel your getting at, it would be more that you feel you need it opposed to just liking to get high.
    If you get high to get high then your not an addict
    If you get high to get by you are

3. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    SWIM's brother smokes daily... I would classify him as an addict, and he would agree. If he misses a day or two he feels restless, agitated, in a bad mood, can't sleep, trouble eating, etc. Dunno how much of it's psychological and how much physical, but the brain does have "THC receptors" so I'm guessing there's a physical component.

4. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    mark one down for daily use.

i would say that most people who have smoked pot for over 2 years smoke daily. just an oppinion tho.

5. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i would say that most people who have smoked pot for over 2 years smoke daily. just an oppinion tho

I would say no to that because I kinda disagree but also say that there could be a time range like 2-4yeers or something cause i find that as lots of ppl age they do it less thats my humble opion and im pretty baked right now

6. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    This is a very interesting question. I have smoked daily for 3 years of his life. Soon life changes had to be made though, so swim quit, and then went on to be an occasional toker.

Basilcy, I think your general lifestyle determines how much you smoke pot. If your going to work everyday, going to school, ect, you probably will not smoke pot everyday because you dont have time for it. Money also is an issue.

7. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hmm good point,

the way i was thinking about it was after a couple years your mind is made whether you want to smoke or not and if youve made your mind up that you do, you probably will daily.

whereas the first couple years are more testing and whatnot, idk if that made any sense.

8. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Don't think addiction isn't possible tho, it may be mental addiction but it's habituation all the same. I've known people who have lost jobs over it, preferring to stay at home & stay high all day. I knew one person who started living out of their car and smoking all the time. Unusual case, yes. But it can happen. Plenty of people attending NA meetings who never did anything but smoke pot. With the high THC content it's not a "soft" drug like it was back in the 60's & 70's.Edited by: Nicaine

9. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Of course there are people like that. Generally though, a person who has they're priorities straight will understand that a stable job and education have to come before getting high.

10. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Agreed. It's not a substance with a "driving" edge to it like meth, coke, heroin etc. but more something people gradually fall into deeper & deeper over a course of years -- not all that different than alcoholism in that regard. And yes, it doesn't happen all that often I don't think. But IMO it's something to keep alert about, because it can happen to some people and as I understand it marijuana dependency is very hard to break. SWIM's brother is so irritable before he smokes his daily weed that he can't talk to him at all.

To stay on topic... smoking daily for a long time is probably inviting dependency. IMHO it's not a good idea, just like using any drug daily is never a good idea.Edited by: Nicaine

11. xMeTaL HeAdx

xMeTaL HeAdx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If I had the money he would smoke everyday, but he doesn't so mark one down for not smoking daily.

12. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I smoke pot 3 or 4 days a week.

I have been smoking regularly for about 3 years. There was a time when I smoked 5 days a week. But about 2 years ago I cut-down to 4, and last year I (mostly) cut back to 3 days a week.

It's good to Fire-on for a day, then have a day of rest. It is my regular rhythm. I can afford to smoke more (if I wanted to do it), but I am happy with the way it is.

As far as my future plans: I hope to continue my current schedule for years to come.

13. kj_hash420

kj_hash420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    depends if i have enough weed to smoke daily, if i do, then yes i smoke everyday

anytime i buy weed basically, i smoke daily until its gone because i can't handle knowing that i have some and not smoking it, it is just too tempting

14. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    yes

15. dletterman

dletterman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Daily, usually afatj with the lady then maybe a few bowls later into the day. Only been daily for about 6 months after a year of casual smoking

16. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I smoke every day I have it.

17. MescalinePirate

MescalinePirate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I smoke Marijuana about two or three times a week.

18. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Ismoke every single day.

19. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I smoke almost every day, apart from days where I have to study and keep my head focused, or when I simply run out of gear.

20. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    I smoke in cycles. What i mean is there are times when i will smoke for a few months, and then months when i wont smoke. Sometimes this pattern extends to a year or more. I think mainly because it is not a very social drug for me. I like chillin around the house or yard when there is no one to deal with and shit like that. Also I usually only smoke in the summer because in winter i find that if i get a chill when im high I cant shake it and am constantly shivering. Also the availability of other drugs of choice effect my smoking patterns. Like right now there is a severe opie drought, so i started smoking hash again. Man nice, soft aromatic hash-nice high to it[​IMG].