do you think you’re ADDICTED?

Discussion in 'Cannabis addiction' started by risexagainst, Sep 29, 2005.

1. risexagainst

risexagainst Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I find that whenever i have weed, i'll keep smoking it until its done.
    And when i dont have it, i get all bitchy and edgy. I've read before
    that you cant actually get addicted to pot. I think i might be tho..

comments?

2. southernhosp81

southernhosp81 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Its not physically addicting but defenitly phycoactively addictive.. id say its teh most ... Everyone love mary jane... usually when i ahev bud ill smoke to myself and just chill out.. liek just try smokin enough to get stined for a while.. ull be much happier with urslef for rashing off .. this can also save u money or last u until u have money again to buy more bud! lol

Tahst my strategy most of time.. bud is so percious to me.. out of all teh drugs i do i always find my self wanting a nice bong load in my hands instead!!

Carish her man and dont think of it as addictive cause its a gift man ..

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I do NOT think I am addicted.

I get High 3 or 4 days a week. On my Get-High days I wake up a little more excited than usual. Oh boy! I'ma gonna get High today.

4. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    i have the same problem i buy a 1/2 ounce and end up smoking it all in one day. and its not a physical addiction, but definately a mental addiction. i have been smoking since i was 11 and havent gone more than 2 days without smoking since i started, im 19 now. life is just better with some good bud

5. big_mac

big_mac Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    its not that u are phycologically addicted, its just that if u blaze daily and then quit cold turkey life just seems kinda dull. ive quit about a month ago because i wana get a job that may or may not require a drug test. but i fiend for it everyday. the only actual addicting thing about it is for sum heavy stoners (as i once wus) i needed that shit to fall asleep, if i wouldnt blaze before bed, i wouldnt sleep all night, and then fall asleep sumtime during the next day

6. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I was psychologically addicted to bud for a while. It took about a week of soberness to get over it.

7. troutcomplex

troutcomplex Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I replied to a similar post elsewhere on the site, but it's relevant here. On the various occasions of having to study for a piss quiz, I could stop easily - because it's "voluntary." When I run out, though, I scrimp and scrape because I don't WANT to not smoke. That's when I get edgy.

One of the problems is there are so many ways to be 'addicted' to something, then there's the 'withdrawal' which is different from addicted. A friend of mine suggested a good working definition of 'addicted' was 'having a plan not to run out.' That's also a useful (and for me accurate) definition.

8. turfshark_40

turfshark_40 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't think I'm addicted, I just moved to a new city a little while ago and didn't really know anyone who smoked, so once my supply ran out, I was pretty much stuck with going cold turkey for a while. I still haven't found a good source, so I'll grab a 1/2 ounce or an ounce whenever I can get my hands on it, and I got at it constantly until its done. Then another round of cold turkey. I haven't noticed it making me edgy or pissed off though when I run out.

9. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    i smoke cannabis every day for the last year, and i believe i am
    "addicted", psychologically. if i haven't smoked it on a day, i can't
    get to sleep at night for hours.

10. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    I feel addicted to MJ and I think I can't go on like this. It's good etc but I just can't smoke everyday. The effects aren't the way they were before and when I smoked a little less, they would be better I guess. I haven't smoked today, yesterday I smoked one bowl per 5 persons and the day before yesterday I didn't smoke any weed. Before that I can't remember when I skipped a day.. Should I smoke tomorrow? Nah..

11. j_jax

j_jax Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would prefer to have it every day. Hell, I'd prefer to be eternally high.

12. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    i do not smoke that much weed (4-5 days a week probably). of course i
    have at times in my smoking career been an everyday smoker, but when i
    feel i am spending too much money or time acquiring and smoking
    cannabis i simply stop doing it so much. its not like the cigarettes
    for example, which i tell myself all the time that im going to quit for
    good right before buying another pack. but when i do get in the habit
    of getting high frequently it starts to lure me in and i get tempted to
    go over the top, but since it really isnt addictive, this sort of
    behavior tends to lead to crazy weekends (usually involving other
    substances and waking up in bizarre locations) more often than it does
    to an every day habit.

13. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    You are right when you said marijauna isn't physically addictive, but is mentally addicative. But, Also the word addictive seems to mean something different to every other person. Someone can think they are addicted to say, cocaine after doing it once, but then again, someone who knows how to control themselves could say there not. I think you probably smoke all of your marijuana so quickly, because well, marijuana is a speical plant that makes you feel good and you enjoy it. So, if you have it you're probably not thinking much about not having it, so therefore you keep smoking.

Addiction is more than just doing something at once. It is also about withdrawl. Do you have any common withdrawl symptoms when you don't have marijuana?I think you just enjoy the drug and like the feeling of euphoria you receive from it, and SWIM see's nothing wrong with that. Addiction is all in the mind, you just have to learn to be smarter than the drug.

14. eski

eski Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I think that is wrong. Addiction is not JUST in the mind. Maybe for weed but not every drug. You try taking heroin for a week, coming off it and then tell me addiction is in the mind. Yes the meaning of addiction will vary in peoples opinion, but it is not just about the mind. I have been addicted to the hardest of drugs and for you to say it was all in my mind is an insult. My mind was nothing to do with it when i was introduced to it in a flat block with my mates. Addiction is about, where you are, your circumstances, your friends family everything around you, and saying you need a few mere brain sells to beat that is ridiculous.

I suppose i am angry as i find this so naive.

You tell a hundred 13-14 year olds that "if you are smarter than a drug you wont get addicted" a year later you will need a new rehab centre.

For you to be smarter than the drug you need to have been on it and come of or had a hell of a lot of experience using drugs (recreational or not) to say you can take drugs as you like and not have a problem.

I am sorry for rambling, but drugs are complicated they can ruin peoples lives, they can take peoples lives, they can cause laughter and enjoyment, that can not all be put down to simply the persons mind. You cant be prepared for something you have no experience or knowledge of and most of us don’t when we do that first line or smoke that first pipe, we have no idea. And no matter how much fact you know about a drug, you cant know it truly until you have done it yourself.

15. Brie

Brie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I am addicted.....but i dont really notice it on short term, but if i have about two weeks without some grass or hash i really notice it and i really want to smoke a joint.
    But i dont really mindbecause smoking is always nice