Drug info - DOB (4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine) Drug Info

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by Alfa, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    DOB

2,5-DIMETHOXY-4-BROMOAMPHETAMINE

DOSAGE: 1.0 - 3.0 mg.

DURATION: 18 - 30 h.

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS: (with 0.4 mg) There was a distinct enhancement of visual perception, and some strengthening of colors. A clean, cold feeling of wind on the skin. I felt an enriched emotional affect, a comfortable and good feeling, and easy sleeping with colorful and important dreams.

(with 2.0 mg) There was a continuous tremor at the physical level, and an incredible Moebius strip representation of reality at the intellectual level. I was able to enter into personal problems easily, and get out again when I chose to. During the next day, there were brief lapses of attention, or little fugue states, and it was not until the following evening that I was completely myself again.

(with 2.8 mg) About three hours into this I had a severe cramp, and had a near fainting response to the pain, and yet there was no pain! I felt that I was very near a loss of consciousness, and this was most disturbing. There were flashes of depersonalization. I saw rings around the moon with prismatic colors, and there were long-lasting "after-images" following any viewings of points of light. I was still a good plus 1 at 14 hours, but did manage to sleep. It was the next day before I was again at baseline.

(with 3.0 mg) This was a complex, but a very good day. It involved making a large pot of chicken-vegetable soup, and listening to H.L., my favorite Saturday morning fundamentalist Christian radio preacher, bless Tim. The Democrats are not exactly all anti-American dupes of Moscow (or the Devil), but to H.L., they are practically, almost, next-door to it. The Rapture is supposed to happen tomorrow according to a certain book, newly published (just in time, looks like) and he is busy softening the possible disappointment of those who may find themselves unchanged Monday morning. Wunnerful. It's been one heck of a good experiment, and I can't understand why we waited nine years to try this gorgeous stuff. Without going into the cosmic and delicious details, let's just say it's a great material and a good level.

(with 0.5 mg of the "R" isomer) I am underway, and this is a smooth intoxication. I am completely functional, but still really a plus two. I would not choose to drive a car. Not very far. I felt a rather quick dropping to a plus-one at the fifth hour, but there is a residual stimulation still the following morning.

(with 1.0 mg of the "R" isomer) By the fourth hour I am absolutely a +++ and am searching the kitchen for food. But what I eat is only so-so. There is not the introspection or intensity of 2.0 milligrams of the racemate material, but this is a rewarding place nonethless. At the 18th hour, there was some fitful sleep, with bizarre dreams. The next day I was still hungry for altered spaces, and successfully challenged the residual plus one with LSD and, as is usually the case, acid cut right through the detritus and allowed a direct shot up to a +++ again.

(with 1.5 mg of the "R" isomer) This is a +++ but it is vaguely irrational. I feel a heavy body load, but then the temperature outside is over a hundred degrees and I may not be in the best of all physical environments. I would not wish any higher dosage. There were cat-naps at the twelth hour, but most symptoms were still there at the 18th hour. A good experience. It would be interesting to compare this, some day, with 3.0 milligrams of the racemate.

(with 0.5 mg of the "S" isomer) There are no effects at all.

(with 1.0 mg of the "S" isomer) There is something warm and nice at a couple of hours into this, but I am no more than threshold, and the effects are very slight. By the fifth hour there are no longer any effects.

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY: The stars had clearly lined up in favor of making DOB and exploring its biological activity. This preparation had been completed in 1967 and the report of this compound and its unprecedently high potency published in 1971. And very shortly, two additional papers appeared completely independently. One described DOB made via a different route, and describing high activity in rats. The other described DOB and a couple of closely related brominated amphetamines and their action in man.

This is one of the last of the experimental compounds within the phenethylamine family on which any animal toxicity studies were performed by me prior to human studies. A mouse injected with 50 mg/Kg (ip) showed considerable twitching and was irritable. Another, at 100 mg/Kg (ip), had overt shaking at 20 minutes, which evolved into persistent hyperactivity that lasted several hours. Yet another, at 125 mg/Kg (ip), lost much of her righting reflex within 15 minutes, entered into convulsions at 50 minutes, and was dead a half hour later. A fourth mouse, at 150 mg/Kg (ip), entered into spontaneous convulsions within 10 minutes, and expired in what looked like an uncomfortable death at 22 minutes following injection. What was learned? That the LD/50 was somewhere between 100 and 125 mg/Kg for the mouse. And an effective dose in man of maybe 2 mg (for an 80 Kg man) is equivalent to 25 ug/Kg. Therefore the index of safety (the therapeutic index, the lethal dose divided by the effective dose) is well over a thousand. I feel that two mice were killed without anything of value having been received in return.

Actually, it is very likely that the damaging, if not lethal, level of DOB in man is a lot lower than this ratio would imply. There was a report of a death of a young lady following the snorting of an amount of DOB so massive, there was the actual recovery of over nine milligrams of the drug from her body tissues in the post-mortem examination. It was said that she and her companion had thought that the drug they were using was MDA and, taking a dosage appropriate for this, effectively overdosed themselves. He survived, following convulsions and an extended period (several weeks) of being in a comatose state. Tragic examples have been reported that involve arterial vascular spasm. But in most overdose cases ascribed to DOB, the identity of the drug has remained unestablished.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
  2. wizard warior

wizard warior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thats a pretty narly sounding od at the bottom of the report,enough to make you want to not dable with that oneor anyothers for that matter

3. geordie

geordie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dob

i have some DOB but to be honest i dont quite like the sound of having to deal with the effects for 36 hours. Dont get me wrong, i want to experiance it but 36 hours? that has to be tooo much for anyone. it comes in 2mg doses and i was just wondering if anyone out there had tried this chemical at this dose or there about and could tell me what it was like?
    cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
  4. geordie

geordie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dob

i have some DOB but to be honest i dont quite like the sound of having to deal with the effects for 36 hours. Dont get me wrong, i want to experiance it but 36 hours? that has to be tooo much for anyone. it comes in 2mg doses and i was just wondering if anyone out there had tried this chemical at this dose or there about and could tell me what it was like?
    cheers

5. Ximot

Ximot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from erowid:

Threshold0.2 mg
    Light0.2 - 0.75 mg
    Common0.75 - 1.75 mg
    Strong1.75 - 2.5 mg
    Heavy2.5 - 3.5 mg
    Overdose3.5 + mg

Caution :Reactions and experiences may vary dramatically from person to person.

DOB Duration Oral
    Total Duration 7 - 17 hrs
    Onset& nbsp;30 - 90 mins
    Coming Up60 - 90 mins
    Plateau 3 - 8 hrs
    Coming Down3 - 8 hrs
    After Effects4 - 8 hrs
    Hangover / Day After - - -

CONTRA-INDICATIONS
    DOB can be quite harmful at high doses. Significant overdoses can cause serious vasso-constriction of the extremeties...possibly resulting in nerve damange and/or gangrene. There are unconfirmed reports of two people who accidentally ingested 75mg (over 30x the regular dosage) and needed to have their legs amputated because their circulation had shut off and caused gangrene in their legs.

The use of DOB can be a problem for those with circulatory problems, heart ailments, glaucoma, hypertension, hepatic or renal disease, aneurism, or stroke history.

DRUG INTERACTIONS
    DOB can be dangerous if mixed improperly with other drugs especially MAOI's or other liver-enzyme affecting chemicals. Mixing with stimulants is not recommended.

GHB:
    For some people, GHB has little psychoactive effect during a DOB experience, though it can be used to help sleep at the end.

ALCOHOL:
    There seem to be some cross-tolerance between DOB and alcohol. This means if you have been or are going to be drinking alcohol during your DOB experience, the dosage of DOB should be lower.

sounds to me like you want to be carefl with this one . . . perhaps you have a way of splitting your dose? 2mg sounds like quite a blast already.

here's shulgin's findings (note that found the duration to be longer than erowid). I wonder aboout the isomer thing though. Do you know exactly what you've got there? I've never had the chance to try it, but it seems a fascinating substance, though I'd pick my day very carefully...

DOSAGE: 1.0 - 3.0 mg.

DURATION: 18 - 30 h.

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS: (with 0.4 mg) There was a distinct enhancement of visual perception, and some strengthening of colors. A clean, cold feeling of wind on the skin. I felt an enriched emotional affect, a comfortable and good feeling, and easy sleeping with colorful and important dreams.

(with 2.0 mg) There was a continuous tremor at the physical level, and an incredible Moebius strip representation of reality at the intellectual level. I was able to enter into personal problems easily, and get out again when I chose to. During the next day, there were brief lapses of attention, or little fugue states, and it was not until the following evening that I was completely myself again.

(with 2.8 mg) About three hours into this I had a severe cramp, and had a near fainting response to the pain, and yet there was no pain! I felt that I was very near a loss of consciousness, and this was most disturbing. There were flashes of depersonalization. I saw rings around the moon with prismatic colors, and there were long-lasting "after-images" following any viewings of points of light. I was still a good plus 1 at 14 hours, but did manage to sleep. It was the next day before I was again at baseline.

(with 3.0 mg) This was a complex, but a very good day. It involved making a large pot of chicken-vegetable soup, and listening to H.L., my favorite Saturday morning fundamentalist Christian radio preacher, bless Tim. The Democrats are not exactly all anti-American dupes of Moscow (or the Devil), but to H.L., they are practically, almost, next-door to it. The Rapture is supposed to happen tomorrow according to a certain book, newly published (just in time, looks like) and he is busy softening the possible disappointment of those who may find themselves unchanged Monday morning. Wunnerful. It's been one heck of a good experiment, and I can't understand why we waited nine years to try this gorgeous stuff. Without going into the cosmic and delicious details, let's just say it's a great material and a good level.

(with 0.5 mg of the "R" isomer) I am underway, and this is a smooth intoxication. I am completely functional, but still really a plus two. I would not choose to drive a car. Not very far. I felt a rather quick dropping to a plus-one at the fifth hour, but there is a residual stimulation still the following morning.

(with 1.0 mg of the "R" isomer) By the fourth hour I am absolutely a +++ and am searching the kitchen for food. But what I eat is only so-so. There is not the introspection or intensity of 2.0 milligrams of the racemate material, but this is a rewarding place nonethless. At the 18th hour, there was some fitful sleep, with bizarre dreams. The next day I was still hungry for altered spaces, and successfully challenged the residual plus one with LSD and, as is usually the case, acid cut right through the detritus and allowed a direct shot up to a +++ again.

(with 1.5 mg of the "R" isomer) This is a +++ but it is vaguely irrational. I feel a heavy body load, but then the temperature outside is over a hundred degrees and I may not be in the best of all physical environments. I would not wish any higher dosage. There were cat-naps at the twelth hour, but most symptoms were still there at the 18th hour. A good experience. It would be interesting to compare this, some day, with 3.0 milligrams of the racemate.

(with 0.5 mg of the "S" isomer) There are no effects at all.

(with 1.0 mg of the "S" isomer) There is something warm and nice at a couple of hours into this, but I am no more than threshold, and the effects are very slight. By the fifth hour there are no longer any effects.

regarding the overdose concern by erowid above, let's hope nobody ever puts this in pills at the wrong dosage. total nightmare. if this substance were more common and many had acess to it, surely plenty of calamities would happen. all it takes is one day of being high on something else and thinking that some dob might be a good idea and accidentally mismeasuring the dose (e.g. 10mg instead of 1) . . . scary.

6. Ximot

Ximot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from erowid:

Threshold0.2 mg
    Light0.2 - 0.75 mg
    Common0.75 - 1.75 mg
    Strong1.75 - 2.5 mg
    Heavy2.5 - 3.5 mg
    Overdose3.5 + mg

Caution :Reactions and experiences may vary dramatically from person to person.

DOB Duration Oral
    Total Duration 7 - 17 hrs
    Onset& nbsp;30 - 90 mins
    Coming Up60 - 90 mins
    Plateau 3 - 8 hrs
    Coming Down3 - 8 hrs
    After Effects4 - 8 hrs
    Hangover / Day After - - -

CONTRA-INDICATIONS
    DOB can be quite harmful at high doses. Significant overdoses can cause serious vasso-constriction of the extremeties...possibly resulting in nerve damange and/or gangrene. There are unconfirmed reports of two people who accidentally ingested 75mg (over 30x the regular dosage) and needed to have their legs amputated because their circulation had shut off and caused gangrene in their legs.

The use of DOB can be a problem for those with circulatory problems, heart ailments, glaucoma, hypertension, hepatic or renal disease, aneurism, or stroke history.

DRUG INTERACTIONS
    DOB can be dangerous if mixed improperly with other drugs especially MAOI's or other liver-enzyme affecting chemicals. Mixing with stimulants is not recommended.

GHB:
    For some people, GHB has little psychoactive effect during a DOB experience, though it can be used to help sleep at the end.

ALCOHOL:
    There seem to be some cross-tolerance between DOB and alcohol. This means if you have been or are going to be drinking alcohol during your DOB experience, the dosage of DOB should be lower.

sounds to me like you want to be carefl with this one . . . perhaps you have a way of splitting your dose? 2mg sounds like quite a blast already.

regarding the overdose concern by erowid above, let's hope nobody ever puts this in pills at the wrong dosage. total nightmare. if this substance were more common and many had acess to it, surely plenty of calamities would happen. all it takes is one day of being high on something else and thinking that some dob might be a good idea and accidentally mismeasuring the dose (e.g. 10mg instead of 1) . . . scary.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
  7. Ximot

Ximot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    oh, and 36 hours should be fine... if you like tripping and know yourself pretty well. After a while surely the novelty wears off and you just keep tripping as if were normal.

I mean, many people have been high on stuff non stop for a day and a night and more (where's the methheads out there?).

8. Neo1

Neo1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    DOB sounds like one of those substances that can be deep and rewarding
    but very dangerous. I'm glad it's not available at every crack-house in
    town. Surprised you found it, Geordie.

Saying that tho, DOB is one substance that I've been wanting to try for
    years, ever since reding PIHKAL. Dunno, there's something about
    the halogenated amphetamines that piques my interest. Not quite enough
    to amputate my legs for tho [​IMG]

Has anyone out there tried the iodine version, DOI?

9. LuvsToSmokeDust

LuvsToSmokeDust Newbie

Reputation Points:
    DOB is freak'n sweet. It feels identical to LSD, but the high lasts longer and it isn't destroyed by heat so you don't have to worrie about it getting ruined by some joker leaving it near a heater and having the person come back later saying the stuff was bunk.

10. cyalume

cyalume Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    wow 3.5mg to overdose.. better invest in a high quality scale, you cant really eyeball doses that small

11. BlackEyed

BlackEyed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    DOB

Whats wiht the lack of DOB posts and info every where even. I havent
    ever seen it or even heard about it around town. Can someone give me
    the low down on DOB even erowid seems to not give me enough info
    and I see erowid as liek my only research tool beacasue im to lazy try
    to find other sites.

PS

If anyone knows any chemistry about it, it would be gnarly to see
    something about it on the phenethylamine chemistry thing. it is a
    phenethylamine right? aha

12. Icecool

Icecool Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I could explain how to make it if anyone will first tell me what this stuff costs on the street and also in 100g quantity.
    Not cut just pure DOB.HCl
    And also per gram.

13. ventrue

ventrue Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i think i dont get the obvious humor/sarcasm that i'm missing....

14. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    icecool i know you havent been here for a while but you cant ask for prices here man.we must do all we can to keep this site online and out of trouble.prices lead to dealing dealing leads to the death of this site and im sure you dont want this.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

the synths of DOx`sare relatively straight forward-from corresponding substituted aldehydes to nitropropenes(w EtNO2),than onwards to corresponding amines(thats one of the solutions though)

as for the exp itself I hadthe pleasure of enjoyingDOB quite a few times.this is his conclusion:under 1.7-2mgs stimulation,visuals,etc but no introspective "mystical"experiences,realtively clear thinking is possible.above 2mg and especiallyabove 3mgs the introspective ego loss shit begins(swimscolleague took 3.8-4 mgs on one occasion,and described the exp as an "introspective hell",he also screamed his head off during the trip).Length of the trip is &gt;&gt;24hrs.Pihkal mentions something like 30hrs but i think its more,at least 24hrs of primary effect followed by an another 24hrs of comedown/after effects.

negative side effects:nausea,stomach cramps,increased blood pressure and body temp,insomnia.

all in all I dont like it too much;too lenghty,way too dose sensitive(a 0.1mg makes all the difference) also too intense at higher doses(&gt;2.5mgs,reminded swim of 5MeO-AMT).swim also tried DOI and he couldnt differentiate the two PEAs at all,maybe its him but the ride is too intense to notice the difference.not a party drug at all,thank gods its not on the street.

15. Piglet

Piglet Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    47 y/o from U.K.
    I doubt many people would enjoy DOB. It just lasts FAR too long. 2CB, it's cousine, is excellent, but DOB is one those that I doubt will ever take off. I mean, think about it. If their was a market, it's high potency would make it a favorite of drug producers...

16. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it might make it a favourite of producers, up until thy realise that no one wants to buy it because of the length of duration

17. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    As I said in another thread regards DOB - I felt like I'd survived after it FINALLY wore off. I, nor any of my friends, were anxious to repeat the experience. It sent veteran 1960's acid-heads climbing up a pine tree on the northern coast of Maine in a windstorm in February. Does this sound like a good advertisement?

No accounting for taste...

18. radio879

radio879 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    heh, I think DOB sucks.. but DOI I do like..

DOI doesn't have all the vaso-constriction that DOB has/body
    stimulation, and it doesn't last so damn long.. (for me DOI lasts about
    a good 10 hours, at 3-4mg, DOB a lot longer)

19. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Check out my report in the research chemicals section. THis was with two DOB blotters .75mg each. SWIM also thinkg DOB is sucky. THe duration wasnt the bad part, it was the body load. Its a reare substance so its pretty ahrd to find information on it but it is out there.

20. radio879

radio879 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah now after trying DOC, well DOI isn't "bad" but I am not sure why
    i'd ever take it again while I have DOC around.. and well DOB just
    sucks.. horrible body load/vasoconstriction.

DOC now, was SO easy on the body, reminds me of 2C-C in that way, but
    the trip was out of this world, acid 'out there'. I've just tried
    those three halogen DOx's and DOC is definitely far ahead at #1.