1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - DOC (4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine) Drug Info

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by Niteflights, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Niteflights

Niteflights Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Please post info about DOC here.

Can anyone add information about:
    • names / synonyms
    • molecule
    • dose
    • duration
    • side effects
    • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    • since when has this research chemical been available?
    • legal status
    • stability of the molecule / compound
    Experiences with DOC are discussed in the following thread: DOC (4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine) Experiences

Trivial Name: DOC
    Synonyms: 3C-C, 4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine
    Full Chemical Name: 1-(4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)propan-2-amine
    Molecular Formula: C[SUB]11[/SUB]H[SUB]16[/SUB]ClNO[SUB]2[/SUB]
    Molecular Mass: 229.7 g/mol

[​IMG]

One of a number of psychedelic amphetamines first synthesized and investigated by Alexander Shulgin.

From Shulgin's PiHKAL, entry #64:

There are two stereoisomers of this compound. The specific properties of each have not been clearly characterized to date.

Legal status in UK: Class A controlled substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act, as it is covered under a clause regarding derivatives of phenethylamine.

Legal status in the Republic of Ireland: Schedule I controlled substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act, as it is covered by a clause regarding derivatives of phenethylamine.

Legal status in US: Although not explicitly controlled at Federal level this substance may be deemed a controlled substance analogue of DOB or 2C-C under the Federal Analog Act under certain circumstances. Legality under state law will vary depending on the specific legislation enacted in each US state.

Legal status in Canada: Schedule I controlled substance.

Research Chemicals Index - Phenethylamines
    Research Chemicals Index - Tryptamines
    Research Chemicals Index - Beta-Ketones
    Research Chemicals Index - Synthetic Cannabinoids
    Research Chemicals Index - Piperazines
    The Research Chemical Index

Can anyone report on the tolerance profile of DOC? Is it similar to LSD or can it be used more frequently. Also do very small doses (~0.5mg) have shorter durations?

Cheers,
    Nite

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Re: DOC tolerance

tolerance is rapid, lasting weeks due to pharmacokinetics and as w/everything else duration of action will lessen with continued use. moral - save the DOC.

3. supe

supe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DOC info

I was wondering about DOC. he read on here that it has been stored in everclear so that means it is alcohol soluble. Is it water soluble as well? If so or if not so, if it was dissolved in a liquid how could it be measured, 1mL = 1mg? any info on this is appreciated

4. rxbandit

rxbandit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: DOC info

It all depends on how much You dilluted the liquid. If swim were to put 100 mg's in 100 mL, 1 mL would equal 1 mg. likewise 100 mg's to 50mL would be .5 mL per 1 mg. It is water soluble. probably less so then it is in alcohol but with the amounts neccesary that should not be an issue. For small quanity's isopropol alcohol, wintegreen extract or any other kind of household alcohol is not detrimental to swiys health.

Its a fairly simple process.

5. supe

supe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

sorry for the double post but as I was searching he read that 33mg or even more can dissolve in a mL of water or alcohol. I am still open to more info

6. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

More info: it would be irresponsibly dangerous to prepare such a saturated solution of a potent chemical like DOC for liquid measurement. Even an error of .1 mL would be a recipe for disaster. 1 mg per mL or even more dilute would be much wiser.

7. rxbandit

rxbandit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

My advice would be to go to your local pharmacy and ask them for one of those little syringes without the needle. They have mL markings and .2 mL's marked off, fairly accurately. They are a valuable tool for precision when it comes to DOC and they are usually free.

Although the more dillute the safer, it may be difficult to transport swiys DOC dose to swiys desired tripping grounds. swim personally likes sugar cubes. However You could on further reflection just dump a dillute concentration in a water or juice bottle before You left the house.

8. rxbandit

rxbandit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

DOC is a wonderful chemical. Although the duration may look intimidating alot of the duration is spent in the after effects which would be similiar to an "acid hangover" or any other exhuasted lay over with mild visuals. If one were to dose around mid day they would likely be able to sleep at a reasonable hour. The length is considerably lower with a low to moderate dose. The time commitment would be similiar to an LSD trip perhaps a little bit longer. As with alot of the chems swim found the duration a bit exagerrated

9. Euphoric

Euphoric Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

From wiki:
    DOC is schedule I in Canada.

10. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Weak DOC?

DOC yields a bright yellow reaction with marquis reagent.

mod edit there are conflicting reports circulating, with several, apparently independent reports including the spanish harm reduction group Energy Control claiming a green color with Marquis. ~TF~

second mod edit just to back up what was said by TF, the Marquis tests performed by Energy Control were done with an authentic standard of DOC and yielded a pale green color. a bright yellow response would indeed be unusual for this compound. -Phenoxide-

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
  11. ODB

ODB Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.

200mgs will dissolve into 3ml of grain alcohol. water does not work so well.

12. Ace of Ace

Ace of Ace Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Swim and friends took to around eight 1.5mg hits of doc but they kept re-dosing over time and they were wondering if it stacks or if the original dose they took was all they would feel?

13. ODB

ODB Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.

^^ Stacks is a looser.

Yes it will make your trip stronger and longer.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
  14. comrade_christophe

comrade_christophe Newbie

Reputation Points:

I has never gone wrong with a solution with the ratio of .5mg per drop. 4 or 5 for him was perfect.
    he just want a fan of sitting there counting drops every time he got a new batch in.

15. squeezix

squeezix Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: DOC trip reports

Warning, this is anecdotal and quoted from an online forum from *gasp* 2005. It seems that DOC is very troublesome to make, that's why there are so many conflicting ID's. In some cases, MS looks identical to 2C-I

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011
  16. Terrapinzflyer

Terrapinzflyer MDMA, RC & News Forums Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: DOC drug info

^^ I would rather take issue with the claim that Shulgin "screwed up" the synth as he is the Creator of DOC. Further- pihkal has been thoroughly "peer reviewed" and anything that needed fixing or clarification was long ago dealt with.

Personally, the turtles aardvark would put his faith in Shulgin over some random, anynomous postings from an "expert" on the net...

17. squeezix

squeezix Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I don't think the poster was trying to say Shulgin did not produce DOC, I think he was saying that an early attempt was unsuccessful. There was some banter that I did not post as the thread ran off on weird tangents. The point I was trying to make was why DOC synthesis is so often unsuccessful, and what may have possibly happened with the batch Fatal posted about and my Lab Rat received as well.

It was pertinent information. There have been several attempted batches of DOC out there that were not a scam, just improper synthesis.

18. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Although if this were true you would think the direct analogues IE DOF,DOB, and DOI would have similar synthesis problems no?

:joint:

19. squeezix

squeezix Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

No, chlorine is a gas and that's why it's a bitch to work with (just from reading rhodium)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012