Doc said I could try Dexedrine (sp?)

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by Inkmanr6, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was prescribed ritalin 20mg last year when I was 19 when I went to a doc and said I thought I had ADD because I was having problems finishing school. I went off of it for half a year and I went back to the doc a few weeks ago and got back on it. It really helps for getting me to work hard and my school marks sky rocket BUT it puts me in REALLY bad bad moods after a few hours. It's like any drug come down I guess. I went to my doc and told him and he said I could try Concerta XR 20mg and if that didn't work I could try Dexedrine. It's been a week and the concerta hasn't worked at all...it has put me in a weird daze all day though. Has anyone here taken Dexedrine? What are your reactions? Less side effects?. Any info is much appreciated!.

2. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
  3. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Went to the doctor today and he said I should double my dose of Concerta and if that doesn't work then I should come back next week and he'll give me a script for dexedrine. Are any of these drugs more euphoric then another?. Which is the best?.

4. WhiteRyan

WhiteRyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    am I to understand that dexedrine is the same thing as meth ?

5. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Anybody???

6. Df1337

Df1337 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Dexedrine is considered by many to have the most recreational potential for the ADD/ADHD prescription drug.

To WhiteRyan, methamphetamine is not the same as dexedrine(dextro-amphetamine).

7. Darthcarlos

Darthcarlos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Sounds like your doctors gives it out like candy [​IMG]

8. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yea sort of lol.

I got a 30 day supply when I was only supposed to get a 7 day trial too [​IMG]

Thanks for all the info guys!.

I am on it now and its WAY better then Ritalin. Makes me feel really happy and energized.

9. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have taken 2 5mg pills orally. Didn't do much. I have snorted a 5mg too and thats ok. I'm not sure what a good dose what be to get really hyper and motivated for school. Anyone have any idea?

10. jack2300000

jack2300000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
  11. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been taking it for 2 weeks. Usually around 20mg a day and I don't feel I have any dependance for it. The only thing is that I want to uo my dosage...and sometimes when it's wearing off it is tempting to do another one to delay the comedown.

I have also noticed that at night street lights seem to streak when I move my eyes around.

Lately I have been getting SUPER exhausted and tired in the evening too.

12. berniecepeace

berniecepeace Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi! Dexedrine was my drug of choice as a wild teenager,loved it! I was diagnosed w/ADD in my 30s,put on ritalin forevah! It wore off & I upped my dosage & upped my dosage....now I take Adderal 25xr & find myself upping my dosage.....it seems to wear off & I get in a blasaise(sp?)funk.I'm asking my doctor to put me on Dexedrine on my next visit,maybe that will be the wonderpill,ha! I believe 'anything' can become addictive!Chocolate,sodas,t.v.,shopping & of course meds! Up your vitamin B Complex intake.

13. Inkmanr6

Inkmanr6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My doc changed my dose to 15mg in the morning and 15mg in the afternoon. So I take 6 5mg pills through out the day because they were sold out of the spansules lol. Works for me. One thing I notice is that it's sort of getting a hold of me. Even more then Coke and H did [​IMG] . I find myself saying at night "I'm not gonna do them anymore, they make me feel like crap". I wake up in the morning and do them.

14. OldTex

OldTex Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Been on DEX60mg/day for 3 months now.. like it better than the adderall, was on adderall 60mg/day for 2 years(BTW, DEX isthe main ingredient in adderall--- 25% dex sulfate, 25% dex aspartate, 25% dex sacharate,25% l-amp sulfate.) DEX is more fast to come on[​IMG], but, also more fast to come down[​IMG]..

Get some [DL] or L-Phenylalanineat the health food store. Take one every morning. It will help you tometabolize the amphetamines better. (it gives em a little more kick.)

One other thing,antacids keepamphet in your blood longer[​IMG]. (I read that in the product circular that comes with adderall.) Beware:ampet+antacid=longer buzz,buttoxins build up in your system over time [​IMG].Edited by: OldTex