does adderal show on drug test?

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by llllllllllllll, Feb 17, 2005.

1. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Newbie

Reputation Points:
    my folks know i use(d) meth and coke *honestly i formd a slight dependency* anyways. a good friend of mine understands my situation and gave me some Rx adderal 30mg caps. he said they wont show up on drug test. after consuming 5 in a night im starting to think otherwise!

the question is: does adderal show on drug tests?

2. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Edited.Edited by: manda

3. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Given that Adderal is a combination of 4 different amphetamines, I'd be surprised if it didn't show up in a test done up to 72+ hours from taking them, taqking into account variables such as rate of metabolism

4. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Newbie

Reputation Points:
    FUCK

this is last time i listen to people!

if i get kikd out of my house im gunna kill these kids or I am gunna sale them salt!

5. William_Again

William_Again Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  6. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Can a person who is taking Adderall test positive for amphetamines and test false positive for methamphetamines in a urine drug test?

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

A: Yes. Adderall is nothing more than a mixture of d/l-amphetamine. It will show up as amphetamine on a drug test. It may show up as methamphetamine if thats all they are testing for in the drug test. If you have a prescription for Adderall, then this positive can be excused and it should not impact whoever is testing you (though it's generally best to notify them before hand that you have a prescription). Amphetamines are testable in urine for up to 4 or 5 days after heavy use though somewhat less after single use.

Edited by: manda

7. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    ------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
    By John Doe on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 12:11 pm:
    i was taking Adderall (dextraamphetamine) for ADHD for a while, but i went off of it last week, and then this week i had to take a drug test
    will the adderall come up as a false positive?
    i was taking 5 mg Doses
    once every morning. I havent taken for a week before test, and they said the drug tst uses Urine And a CentroFuge.
    weill come back as a false positve?

By Anonymous on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 06:21 pm:
    my son takes adderall. and today he tested positive for meth. is there a test that tells the two apart

By Anonymous on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 03:01 pm:
    Dear John Doe. With the small amounts of Adderall you were taking, and the time since you discontinued the drug, it is very unlikely that you would test positive. Adderall is eliminated fairly quickly. Also, I should add that if the test DID come back positive, it wouldn't be a "False Positive" because you were taking the drug! If you have a prescription for the drug it wouldn't matter, anyway.

By Anonymous on Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 03:05 pm:
    my son takes adderall. and today he tested positive for meth. is there a test that tells the two apart

Yes, of course you can tell the two apart. How do you think they knew it was meth in the first place?

8. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Amphetamine and Drug Tests
    by Erowid

Tested for in Standard Drug Tests? YES
    Detection Period in Urine 1-4 days

Urine Testing
    Amphetamines are one of the "NIDA 5". The five drugs tested for in the standard NIDA approved drug test. Amphetamines are standardly detectable in urine for 1-3 days after use. Methamphetamines stay in the system slightly longer, 3-5 days.

The Amphetamine test is a one step competitive immunoassay that is used to screen for the presence of amphetamine in urine. It is a chromatographic absorbent device in which drug or drug metabolites in a sample compete with drug conjugate immobilized on a porous membrane for a limited number of binding sites. This test is a rapid, qualitative immunoassay for the detection of amphetamine in urine. The cutoff concentration for this test is 1000 ng/ml, as recommended by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and NIDA." The cutoff for GC-MS, which detects d-amphetamine and methamphetamine, is 500 ng/ml.

Hair Testing
    Amphetamine is detectable with hair tests and is included in the standard set of substances tested for with these tests. Hair tests generally take the most recent 1.5 inches of growth and use those for testing. That provides a detection period of approximately 90 days. If an individual's hair is shorter than 1.5 inches, this detection period will be shorter.

Saliva Testing
    In the past few years, new technologies have been developed which allow for saliva testing for the presence of Methamphetamine and its derivatives. We do not currently have information about what the detection period is for these tests.

Substances or Conditions which can cause false positives
    In Urine Tests
    Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, propylephedrine, phenylephrine, or desoxyephedrine
    (Nyquil, Contact, Sudafed, Allerest, Tavist-D, Dimetapp, etc)
    Phenegan-D, Robitussin Cold and Flu, Vicks Nyquil
    Over-the-counter diet aids with phenylpropanolamine (Dexatrim, Accutrim)
    Over-the-counter nasal sprays (Vicks inhaler, Afrin)
    Asthma medications (Marax, Bronkaid tablets, Primatine Tablets)
    Prescription medications (Adderall, Amfepramone, Cathne, Etafediabe, Morazone,
    ...phendimetrazine, phenmetrazine, benzphetamine, fenfluramine, dexfenfluramine,
    ...dexdenfluramine,Redux, mephentermine, Mesocarb, methoxyphenamine, phentermine,
    ... amineptine, Pholedrine, hydroymethamphetamine, Dexedrine, amifepramone, clobenzorex,
    ...fenproyorex, mefenorex, fenelylline, Didrex, dextroamphetamine, methphenidate, Ritalin,
    ...pemoline, Cylert, selegiline, Deprenyl, Eldepryl, Famprofazone)
    Kidney infection, kidney disease
    Liver disease, diabetes

9. William_Again

William_Again Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    manda you seem to have to much free time...

10. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    You'll get used to my craziness, I'm suprised you're not used to me yet!!!!