Experiences - Does ambient temperature effect LSD experience?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Lifeguy, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Lifeguy

Lifeguy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hello, this is my first post but I've been browsing this forum for quite some time...

Anyway, a few weeks ago I ate 2 hits of some pretty good/clean acid at his apartment. Before eating the acid SWIM noticed that his heat was not working... Where SWIM lived, there was snow on the ground and the temperature outside was cold and bitter.

SWIM however decided to take the acid as planned. SWIM noticed that the peek got a bit intense but was able to brush away the negative vibes after the first hour or two. Overall SWIM claimed the trip was decent but no where as significant and powerful as the week before where I ate only one hit of the same exact acid.

SWIM definitely felt that the cold temperature inside the apartment could of made the experience a bit more dull, as his mission was to stay as warm as possible. I had aportable heat lamp but that obviously doesn't do justice as you can only heat part of your body with it. I felt uncomfortable having his upper body nice and warm but his feet freezing.

So SWIM's question is, could the lack of insolation have effected the overall experience?

By the way, SWIM noticed that the insolation was off when he took a look at the switchboard in his apartment the day after. :)

2. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Lack of insolation during LSD experience...

Being cold on acid (or any drug) sucks. Concentrating on body temperature definately affects the course of the trip. For SWIJ visuals are muted and body load is more prominent.

The other possibility is a degree of tolerance from the trip the week before

3. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Lack of insolation during LSD experience...

for some people anything uncomforatable should be avoided while triping.tehn again other people like swims freind set up 3 diffrent tv and played 4 episodes of faces of death while triping nuts.but i dont think it should of effected the potency too much ,just your trip.