Opinions - Does anyone actually like 5-meo-amt?

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by psychedelaholic, Apr 1, 2007.

1. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    I am soon to get 55mg of 5-meo-amt having wanted to try it for quite some time. However having just searched the forums it seems most people hate it. SWIM still wants to try it though as he has read some very interesting trip reports. He is wondering if anyone on here has had a good experience on it or knows someone who has and what dosage was taken, also the method of consumption.

I am planning to take 3mg orally for his first experiment. How much smaller is the dosage for insufflation? Can it be smoked?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that it can act as a mild MAOI. Is this true? If it is would it be possible to take a very small dose, say 1mg, as a booster for other tryptamines?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
  2. Rush

Rush Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    SWIM loves 5-Meo-AMT!

and probably is the only one here in the forum! most of people here hate it.

as I am experienced with 5-Meo-AMT i suggest You to start with a 2mg dosage, oral.
    and don't redose.
    if You feels too much nausea, next time try 1mg dosage.
    if You feels no or little effects, raise the dose.

I found out that his perfect dose was 0.5mg.

I didn't tried nor smoked, nor snorted way
    smoked is said to avoid nausea
    i know that the people who overdosed used snorted way.so, if you can, avoid.

if you fear overdose, well I got 12mg oral and is still alive.but i don't suggest doing that...after 5mg dose, the toxic effects are stronger that good ones.

and its not a maoi. or at least, is a very very mild maoi.
    SWIM eated cheese and felt nothing different.
    SWIM avoided the mao foods and was the same(to see if headache was for tyramine + maoi and it wasn't)
    but you have to count that SWIM's mao system is exceptionally strong, as he did a mistake one time: harmala(high dose) + tyramine(high dose)...and nothing bad happened...

i don't suggest using it to boost other trypramines: it will ruin other tryptamine experience.

I am very well experienced with 5-meo-AMT.
    just ask if you need.

3. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Thanks for the info, I will take your advice and go for 2mg to start with. I will have plenty to experiment with at varying doses. Any idea of the dosage for smoking it? Does it last far less time when smoked? And would SWIM simply have to put the powder on top of some ganja in a pipe like he does with DMT?

4. Rush

Rush Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    I don't know much about smoking...I didn't tried that route technical problems(he had no pipe avaible)

BTW in SWIM's knowledge, usually smoked dosages are always less.
    so I suggest trying with 1mg dosage.

and the total effect probably will last less...theorically smoking would make you avoid the "stomach absorbition part" of 5-meo-amt, in other words the nausea, and that's about the first 1 or 2 hours.
    so smoking will probably last 2 hours less

smoking like DMT should work well. but i don't know about freebase-HCLsalt issues for smoking in this case.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Be fully aware that no other Research Chemical comes with so many warnings and possible dangers. Nor have any other RC's been implicated in severe poisonings and likeliness of OD and death. Or have trip-reports, even positive ones, been peppered with the word nausea and it's backdoor cousin.

And now you want to know about how a monkey would smoke same? Smoking generally causes a faster onset and stronger effects based on a dose -for-dose level. The only positive thing I can think to say about smoking 5-MeO-AMT is the possible shortening of the effects.

6. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swip actually likes 5-meo-amt at proper doses occasionally.

but it's not the most comfortable chemical as is does always cause a heavy body load. also it has a bad rap because people od'd on it when it's been confused as amt or mis-reprisented as lsd.

be careful with this one, and start very low.

7. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Well I am going to be very careful with this drug. Aren't most of the reports of poisoning and death from big doses? e.g. over 10mg. I will do 2mg his first time, gauge his reaction to it and go on from there. Would taking a travel sickness pill before hand help with any nausea?

8. Rush

Rush Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    yes, sickness pills will work, but they could ruin the experience(if they are anti-histamine like)...I found that a low dose datura keeped nausea away.
    really don't suggest that: raises dangerously the heart-beat

the only way to avoid nausea for I am to keep low the dose.

here is a pratical chart:

0.5mg no nausea, but still effects
    2mg nausea slightly noticeable
    3mg nausea noticed, but no vomiting
    5mg nausea, and vomiting. very strong nausea!

regarding diharrea, like many reported, SWIM never ever noticed it.
    not even at 12mg. he had the worst nausea of his life, but no diharrea.

9. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
  10. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    my buddy felt nothing besides speedyness at 3-4mg so he ate 6-8 same as before,he had to go up to 15-20(the sheet was dosed wierd) then he triped balls and loved it.while these doses arnt safe,there s a good posibility the person doseing the sheet messed up alot and probly only gave swim 1mg - per hit.so dont use his experiance as a refrence!

11. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Good if you need a laxative & purgative in one, not so good as a psychedelic IMO. There are many (just about all I think!) tryptamines & phenethylamines that are better than 5-methoxy AMT; a lot better...

12. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    How about a nice cocktail of 8mg. 5-Meo-AMT & 5mg. 5-Meo-DET? Yum, yum!

13. psychedelaholic

Reputation Points:
    from england
    I tried his 5-meo-amt and decided its not for him, like most people said it is a pretty rubbish RC. Felt very toxic, my stomach was turning all night, he was not sick though. Although I did have quite a bit of fun on it, mild visuals, giggles, some nice rushes, the negative effects outweighed these however.

Tags: