1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Snorting - does anyone know a way to snort the sublingual films

Discussion in 'Buprenorphine' started by frank45, Jan 2, 2011.

1. frank45

frank45 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    my freind currently has a few subs but they are not the tablets its a thin film that goes below the tounge and he cannot stand that horrible orange medicine taste any one know of a way he could snort it?

2. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Disolve in the smallest amount of water as possible and snort that solution.

3. salgoud

salgoud

Reputation Points:
    I wonder the difference in the Bioavailability in taking Bupe sublingually or snorting it. Since you're bypassing the stomach and sublingual Naloxone doesn't get in the system (maybe 2 %), I wonder if you might be getting more Naloxone in your system. I sure the film dissolves in water easily just like the tabs.

salgoud

4. returntozero

returntozero Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    just use them as directed, they work fine

5. salgoud

salgoud

Reputation Points:
    That is good advice. It is a pretty unabusable drug. The idea of Suboxone is to get one's life together. That it does. If you want to abuse something, Suboxone isn't the medicine.

salgoud

6. radishboy

radishboy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Agreed. Suboxone is there to help you STOP abusing drugs, and when used correctly it does a pretty good job. If you're trying to get high though, Suboxone is definitely not the drug to get you there.

7. neverspeakagain

neverspeakagain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Why would you even want to insufflate ? Honestly..there's no point. Take them as directed if you want maximum effect.

8. AnrBjotk

AnrBjotk Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Utter nonsense. This might be true for down-and-out junkies, but for anyone with low tolerance, subutex and suboxone will get you higher than a bag of the dope that is around in these dark droughtfilled days...

9. VirtuallyEmotionless

VirtuallyEmotionless Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The method SWIM uses is to break the film into the desired dose. Then he grabs the dose with tweezers and cuts a bunch of slits the one way and then back the other way. He tries to get the pieces as small as possible and then he insufflates them. It works just fine for SWIM. Much better than sublingual in his eyes.

On a side note, many people insufflate their Suboxone because of the higher bioavailability. It's like cutting the sublingual dose in half to get the same effect.

10. Spucky

Spucky Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    AW: Re: does anyone know a way to snort the sublingual films

30% Sublingual
    Vs.
    98% Pernasal

Much more Naloxone!

11. blackninjaforevr

blackninjaforevr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    bump, swim wants to know@

12. VirtuallyEmotionless

Reputation Points:
    In the future you should read through the thread to see if the question has already been answered. It's not even like my post was buried deep in the thread. it was right above your post. Also, always use the forum search engine or another search engine ( Google, etc. ) to make sure the answer isn't already out there, which most of the time it is.

13. blackninjaforevr

blackninjaforevr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I did read it, but I want to know other swim's methods and also if your swims method has been tested by anyone else before my swimmer wastes his few strips

14. VirtuallyEmotionless

Reputation Points:
    SWIY isn't going to waste any strips. My Cheshire Cat was iffy about doing it like that at first too. Then he thought to his self, why wouldn't it work? So he did it and he can say that it works almost as good as insufflating the tablets. He thinks it could be placebo that the tablets seem to work better because he prefers them.

When the strips came out my Cheshire Cat was pretty bummed out until he started insufflating them. When taking them sublingually, the bioavailability is only 35-40% as opposed to ~50-60% intranasally, so you can see why he was so bummed out. He used to double his dose when sublingualing them. Now he doesn't mind the strips that much.

15. blackninjaforevr

blackninjaforevr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swims kitty tried it a few times now and can atest to your cat's method and it does work pretty well. Its hard not to get them up too far up the nostrils, and was worried he wouldnt get the full effect.

16. bubbly nubs

bubbly nubs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    When snorting, if the drug is stuck in ones nostrils then its not being snorted properly. The drug needs to enter the sinus cavity where it can be absorbed most efficiently through the mucus glands. Of course snort it too hard and it will end up stuck on ones throat, with a very nasty taste to accompany it.

17. blackninjaforevr

blackninjaforevr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the reply, my cats been experimenting a lot with tooting the films, but they just dont seem to work as well as the pill form used too. So he is banned to just taking it sublingually and it just feels like he's wasting most of it that way...

18. opiesnomore

opiesnomore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok im a newbie to this but have been reading some post. yes you can snort suboxone films adding a few drops of warm water. that will work ok. im not sure about snorting tiny pieces of strip but that sounds like a good idea that is worth trying .this is a subject that im very interested in . so i welcome any new info.

19. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    i'm telling yall. i've done it dozens of times. disolve disired amount in a spoon in as little water as possible (less than 1 mL for a whole strip) then snort with a straw (not a dollar or anything that will absorb water). Then snort a little more water to get the shit that stuck to the straw. Don't swallow the water, let it sit in your sinuses for a few minutes. It's uncomfortable but it works really good.

Like I said, I've done this dozens of times, i know what i'm talking about.

20. Frmrjunkie

Frmrjunkie Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    my friend on suboxone plugs his. he can't stand the taste either. although I have no personal experience to report, he claims it works as well or even better than sublingual. plus the added benefit of no taste buds in your hind end LOL

dissolve strip in a little water, use a needle-less syringe to administer.