1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

does anyone know how to come off meth faster than just waiting it out

Discussion in 'Amphetamines addiction' started by high_class_white_trash, Jun 29, 2009.

1. high_class_white_trash

high_class_white_trash Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been up over 48 hrs now and can't sleep. I has smoked to much swim figured that one out already was wondering if anyone knew anything that would help come down faster WITHOUT killing swim. yeah I am scared of that.. first time user here... last time user here. lol swim just wanna come down and SLEEP!! please if you know somthing that will help please let swim know.. and no pot or other drugs.. can't get them ...

Thank you all in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
  2. ex-junkie

ex-junkie Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    go down to the chemist and get some promethazine. drowsy anti histamine tablets. they call them phenergan here.

wouldnt recommend anything stronger at this point. try a hot shower or bath, this will lower the blood pressure and more than likely induce sleepiness.

3. uhoh

uhoh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    -Food: go have a hamburger, fries, a pint of Haagen Daaz. Carbs, calories and fat. Generally best to avoid these foods of course, EXCEPT when you're trying to come down. Sugar and carbs kill the tweak.
    -Seroquel if you got it. Just 25 mg will delete the angst and produce sound sleep, hunger and peace of mind.
    -I will employ the use of a (strong) narcotic opiate to mellow a tweak. However, coming off a meth + dope run can be hell- Suicide Tuesday indeed.

4. Laszlo1

Laszlo1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    high class white trash, I know this isn't terribly relevant, especially considering how this post is something like 4 days late to the original post, but plan swiy's tweak such that You has something to come off on (if You is open to a chemical route, and all its complications). For swim weed completely cures. I believe this is mostly due to the increased appetite that comes along with weed. Maybe this is a little irrelevant, but swim just figured You could benefit from the advice.

5. Uncle Getafix

Uncle Getafix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Diazepam, kava, weed combo can ease..

Just been there brother last weekend!! Had been a while, gave me a reminder why I don't cane it so often.:laugh:

I took about 50mg diazepam, over 2 hours, and it got me 2 hours after that got a few hours sleep. I have a high tolerance tho.

Also, if no valium, I would go with the weed hard. And kava capsules man. SWIM spotted the weed for a few hours, in between taking valiums and lying down eyes wide open. After a few hours the diazepam worked. Think the kava helped, and weed definitely helped because I'm a smoker.

Best of luck, Swiy'll be sweet.:cool:

EDIT: Hope you've come down by now, didn't see the date!!

6. JonCoyote

JonCoyote Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Wait it out is probably what You ended up doing yea? AAAHHHH the days where I could just look at a bag and be up for two weeks.
    Learn from this so next time You will know and be disciplined enough not to use if You has something to do that You must be sober for. You is lucky to have found a resource such as DF this early in swiys use. This forum saves lives, but only if one is willing to listen

7. Leet

Leet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Seroquel works wonders!

8. 6quyt

6quyt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    I think you should smoke a marijuana cigarettes,

9. Crook4lyfe

Crook4lyfe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    This sounds weird, but masturbating has helped swim chill out and ease anxiety in the past. Also simply forcing yourself to lay down and close your eyes and focus on breathing slowly and deeply can help.

10. TheDevil

TheDevil Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    These are several options that I have tried.

1) Take a warm shower, lie down and try to calm yourself. If you know how to meditate do it.

2) If you have weed try smoking a joint. Works for SWIM's friends

3) If you have a benzo you might consider one, but this can be a risky option for some people due to blood pressure dropping too rapidly from the meth high.

11. icanrespectthat

icanrespectthat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Florida, United States
    lol it's funny almost all the responses to his question has some sort of take this drug or take x amount of this...
    The guy said he couldn't get anything and I feel him...

I happen to be going through the same shit right now.. guess this would basically my first meth run.. but last two nights have been up...

I was actually wanting to know if goin into a the pool (heated or warmed I should say..)I would assume it's fine as it's just something to relax me and calm me down,

Can anyone see what it would be a bad idea for some reason,

And would your answer be different if it was a cold pool?

Thank you in advance...

12. aemetha

aemetha Insomniac Member Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from New Zealand
    Actually, alternating cold and warm compresses is a relaxation technique employed by many. I can't see any reason why going to a pool would be a bad idea be it hot or cold. Breathing exercises, progressive muscle relaxation, massage, yoga and meditation are all equally valid relaxation techniques that can help.

It probably sounds like a broken record, but it gets repeated over and over for a reason, the best thing that can be done is exercise. Exercise gets your natural reward system functioning, and getting that functioning is essential in combating addiction to euphoric substances. Doing exercise in the mornings will provide a burst of energy for the hours immediately after the exercise, but leave you tired at night so sleep is easier to achieve. It's helpful in establishing a routine that contributes to restoring the circadian rhythm that is severely impacted by stimulant use.

It might be useful to set up a plan where you use swimming as your exercise routine, which you can immediately follow up with just relaxing in the warm pool. Kills two birds with one stone.

13. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just want to check that you aren't talking about a Hot Tub, as they CAN be really problematic if you are on a lot of drugs. I know a few folks, myself included who have had close calls in hot tubs when intoxicated and exhausted. It isn't hard to slip under.

I would be super careful with getting into water if you are overly tired, it's really easy to slip under.

14. icanrespectthat

icanrespectthat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Florida, United States
    Thanx for checking in.. actually just got out of a nice long warm shower, 2 days worth of nastiness on me..

Wow, I gotta say I've been a regular daily user of other hard drugs (mostly dope/crack) in the past but this shit takes takes a toll on you physically so quickly..it's like I can go from being in my mid 20s to early 40s if I would keep this up for another month of this...
    I don't get how there seems to be funtioning daily users over long periods of time.. idk if I respect it or just think it's somewhat bullshit lol

15. NaVeep

NaVeep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    20 y/o from Somewhere on north
    I once actually was coming down from MDMA with Amphetamine in the pill, Alcohol, shit ton nicotine and i went to took a hot tub to relax myself after long dancing session. and i closed my eyes for 5 minutes not sure if i did sleep or just did not feel it and i start to feel something like very strong heat waves i touch my heart(everything is normal) open up my eyes trying to stand up cause my body feels so overheated and right when i move my legs i get one of the worst cramps ever on both legs, i could not move without seriously having worst pain ever, Room was closed so nobody could not help me. Then i start to get Nausea + i was so confused what the fuck was happening, never tho i was having extreme overheating right now, i thought it was serotonin syndrome, so i somehow pull my self out of the bath and reached the lock after that i literally blackout for 2 minutes, woke up in cold bath having a fever with 41C, literally 1C away from coma,death.

16. Thinus Hendricks

Thinus Hendricks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Gauteng, South Africa
    Hey man. Whats important to notice is what the reason is for wanting to get high. I want productivity.. Have been mainlining for +-12 years. I try to never stay awake (with no rest) more than 2 days!
    (Thats when you make bad decisions)
    Be honest to youself and try to recognize behavior and let go of bad habits with patience and persistence. It works!
    Be honest to yourself and know when you are building tolerance. And then taking a sober break for 3, 4 preferably 5 days. I try and do it over weekend. Sleep. I do it easily while using cannabis.
    This wil keep the mind and body strong.

Plus it lowers the amount you need, saving cash etc.
    Wait.. Ill be thorough of what i learned and its just speculation.
    Eat wisely. Drink water when going without food.

Moderation is key!!

The need to take bigger doses is a risky path. Avoid it. It wil happen. Understanding that situations change and being honest to yourself.

Dont be hard on yourself if you fail at something, be patient and try again.

What must be maintained is building yourself while taking meth. Otherwise you will surely break down.
    Keeping good appearance and being neat. Be careful about the things you think and cosentrate your energy on.
    If you can maintain a strong resolve you will have sucess with taking meth for years in my opinion.
    Just to note that I recommend, but definitely not condone mainlining/IV meth using.
    I like chemistry and feel that its the obvious solution to getting meth in the blood stream. But its much more dangerous and I have seen many turn fast after starting to IV.
    Be careful and think of your health.. You can keep enjoying for longer after all. Haha.

You keep your body fit, get enough sunlight and drink water.