Effects - Does anything actually taste good on DXM?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by paranoid_android, Mar 3, 2007.

1. paranoid_android

paranoid_android Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    SwiPA has noticed that a documented side-effect of DXM is a lessening or altering of the sense of taste. He has found this to be true for him. Unfortunately DXM does not affect taste in the same manner as cannabis. Things like Dr. Pepper don't taste as sweet, but still carbonated. Based on such observations, SwiPA has concluded that not all tastes are affected equally.

Have any of you my found certain foods taste normal, or even better than normal, on DXM?

2. drlove88

drlove88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I find that once he takes a dose, he loses any appetite he had before dosing. swim never really gets an appetite until several hours after coming down. I did notice a lack of sweetness though, when drinking a mountain dew while tripping. it just tasted like carbonated water, and it kinda hurt swim's stomach.

3. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim assures me that a good dose of DXM will make all food and drink turn to ashes in his mouth. It's still possible to eat, but it's no fun.

The real question: does anything drug on planet Earth taste worse than DXM? :)

ECL

4. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Answer to both. No.

5. Chunkz

Chunkz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    yea, I amn't too crazy for food on it either, but i remember one time, when I was eating a cup noodle, he eat it rite out of the oven, and didn't even burn his lips or toungue.(couldn't feel heat)

6. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    More likely that it did burn his lips and tongue, but he couldn't feel it. Unless it was a mind-over-matter thing. :)

ECL

7. Chunkz

Chunkz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Exactly. This is also a side effect of dexter! He couldn't feel it!

8. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's one of the dangers that Dexy's Midnight Runners have to be aware of. On a high dose, one could punch one's hand full force into a brick wall, breaking every bone and possibly forming dangerous blod clots, and not even care.

The important thing to remember is just to not do things like that. Just because one can doesn't mean one should. :)

ECL

9. Chunkz

Chunkz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    one time i cut my hand on a moving celieng fan(high speed), on the metal connecting part, and didnt care till the morning!

10. drlove88

drlove88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was on dxm one time and swim's buddy was getting frustrated with the noisy neighbors in swim's dorm so he said "go kick their asses!" so swim stands up and cracks his knuckles, walks to the door and swings it open and puts a hole in the wall. woops! haha. I didn't actually go fight, but he sure felt like he could take on anyone at the time.

11. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's possible he could have. Ethanol is well-known for making consumers ten feet tall and bulletproof, but dissociatives like PCP and DXM actually do. An enraged dexxer would be impervious to pain (dissociation) and dismissive of damage to his body (derealization). The only way to defeat such a person would be to actually break something important so they could no longer move and attack.

Such an individual would likely be shot by police rather than wrestled, if they knew the score. Nobody wants to lose an ear to a punk rocker freaking out on cough syrup.

But one still shoudn't pick fights. It's not nice.

ECL

12. giant

giant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    I say skittles taste delicious~~~

13. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Come to think of it, I do enjoy club soda when dexxing. Not so much for the taste, which is mild, but for the bubbly texture. One needs to stay hydrated, and club soda seems more enjoyable than soda pop, Gatorade, or plain water.

ECL

14. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Emetrol?

15. IkBenDeMan

IkBenDeMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    SWIM loves eating on DXM. ANYTHING.

16. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A friend of mine is dexxing (somewhere around 12mg/kg) at this very moment. He tells me that his mixture of orange and cranberry juice tastes wonderful and sends warm fuzzies all over his body (probably due to the re-hydration).

ECL
    (Man, that took a looong time to type. I wonder why... ;) )

17. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I'm sorry, but I had to quote the above for the pure comedy value!

Anyway, SWIM notices an effect on taste with a fair few drugs he has tried, with the worst culprits being DXM, ecstasy and Diphenhydramine, with the latter making eating neat impossible due to involuntary mouth movements.

Just to let others know, I found (eventually!) that a saltwater mouth rinse followed by a little vanilla ice cream made most foodstuffs taste as normal as possible (considering he's just chugged 2 bottles of cough syrup).

~Dark

18. CountChristoph

CountChristoph Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    I do not eat untill after the trip.
    He beleives eating will "slow down" the trip or make him sober.

19. MaxCamel

MaxCamel Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
  20. N0rth3rn_l1ght$

N0rth3rn_l1ght$ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    SWIM notices the numbing effect everywhere on his body (especially during urination...I think it doesn't feel like anything is coming out), and the extreme dulling of taste buds is prominent. I have also found that drinking liquids is very harsh and unpleasant, but is necessary due to SWIM's abnormal de-hydration while on DXM.