1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Health - Does Cocaine effect one's hearing?

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by towlieishigh, Sep 18, 2005.

1. towlieishigh

towlieishigh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Sorry I'm posting so many things [​IMG]. I'm just really high on coke and I'm
    curious. Can snorting affect your hearing? Because everytime I do it,
    my ears are a little softer for a couple of days.
    Edited by: towlieishigh

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  2. risexagainst

risexagainst Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I doubt it.

3. b16a

b16a Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Definetly. One of the main side effects from coke is auditory hallucinations. Upon comedown, and especially the day after, you may notice a slight ringing in your ears accompanied with an overall sensitivity.

4. risexagainst

risexagainst Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sorry, my bad.

5. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM has experienced this too a ringing in the ears, especially right after he does the line. This effect is even more pronounced when you inject it.

6. sands of time

sands of time Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Alot of psychoactives cause ringing in the ear. Your sensitivity to sound can also be improved by stimulents.

7. Freakin_KAT

Freakin_KAT Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Not forever tho [​IMG]

8. imanaggie

imanaggie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hmm.... i usually dont get the ringing or slight loss of
    sensitivity in my hearing, but my ears sure do pop a helluvalott. i
    have real bad allergies, all year round, so i guess that could play a
    factor in it. i do have the auditory hallucinations, though. i keep
    thinking that i hear my roommate or girlfriend bitchin at me.

9. sands of time

sands of time Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Yea, I shoulda added that.

10. BiteMyNailsChewMyTongue

BiteMyNailsChewMyTongue Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male from Texas, U.S.A.
    SWIM noticed that after an extended period of coke use, conversations would continue but at a whisper rather than normal level of speech. It would also be difficult for him to talk loudly when the situation called for it. Anyone else notice this?

11. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    ringing in the ear is known as Tinnitus, which is currently incurable, SWIM thinks that because snorting coke erodes the mucus membranes of the nose it could also have a detrimental effect on the ear aswell. SWIM currently has tinnitus though it does subside, he is not sure if its because of his history of drug abuse, though it is a possibility

12. suninmy_MOUTH

suninmy_MOUTH Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    cocaine tinnitus

SWIM used to slam a few rounds of too much coke when heroin was not available in his small college town. The ringing was so intense, SWIM thought his head was entering another dimension!! SWIM recalls listening to much and it sounded so warped it was almost frightening. Doing this in the college dorm room was bad too.. since people come in and out all the time, but immediately after taking a shot, must've seemed so crazy to them.

Strange though that injecting the stuff has effect on your ears... SWIM can see how the nose is connected, but not sure the route from the vein to the nose. Heh. But shooting in the present day seems like a bad idea, SWIM is too old for that junkie-style nonsense. SWIM has figured out how to get a nice head ring though if one likes that. Last night of the night. Let yourself come down as long as you can hold out, save an amount about 2x the size you normally were doing, and sniff it all up quick!! Really seems to do the trick, very intense. Probably not that good for you though. But for someone avoiding the temptation of the needle, not a bad substitute.:crazy

How bad is SWIY's tinnitus? (that's a great radiohead song by the way!) SWIM doesn't think he could manage the type of tinnitus induced by the blow for more than it usually lasts (5-10min). SWIM cant hear what people are really saying in that state. SWIM feels bad for SWIY though... medical reaserch should really work finding a cure.

13. MARTY999

MARTY999 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    YES ... definately !
    Short term effects of use are well known to sound engineers and producers from shared anecdotal evidence, and is avoided by the wise.
    Expect shifts ( increase ) in perceived overall energy (volume) and relative changes in perception of level at different frequencies - notably upper mid-range , typically increased sensitivity centred around 7Khz.
    Observations fall far short of scientific double blind standards but benefit from shared observations with use and non use over the years and are made in the controlled circumstances of music studio control rooms where objective measurement can be made.
    Experienced engineers will make note of E.Q. and other settings if a band or producers start to use cocaine during a session ... so they know where they were before the 'tweaking' began. Sober reflection the next day will invariably require resetting the "shape" of the sound to its original state !
    Long term, along with smoking there seems to be some gunge-ing effect on the Eustacian tube that usually normalises pressure between the middle ear ( the chamber with bones in - between the ear drum and the cochlea ) and atmospheric pressure - requires swallowing or nose pinching/blowing to compensate .
    Effects thought to be part change in blood pressure on the cochlea and part perception inside the brain.

14. CK_two

CK_two Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    I'm voting for a touch of the psychosis, hearing things and hearing existing things louder are different things. For some people the psychosis leads to paranoia, though with cocaine the psychosis is (usually) temporary.

15. tranquilacid

tranquilacid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from earth
    I believe so, when ever im high off coke i either get the ringing or/and my hearing gets very sensitive. If there's a loud band or sound it would be super loud and I would sometimes jump. Even music, I would end up listening to music on a low setting when i'm a fan of blasting my music.

16. benzochap

benzochap Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from California, U.S.A.
    The parrot across the street only ever noticed hearing changes when shooting it, gets tinitus and everything goes dull with the ringing for a few mins never had it when railing it though.