1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Does e affect thinking?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by junglist, Mar 27, 2005.

1. junglist

junglist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dec 30, 2004
    Ive only taken e five times but took it 3 times in one month at one point, and dropped four on one of thosenights when I had only taken a maximum of one previously.

At the moment im getting really worried that I have damaged my interlect, and everytime I have trouble thinking straight I immediately related it to having taken e. Although I got through my university exams ok I have moments where my thinking seems to be slightly impared. Im not sure if this is because im being anxious or because I really damaged myself. I did do alot of research on the internet previosuly and this has made me really paranoid.....

I havn't taken pills for two months now but am worried that I have permanently fucked up my future.

Any advice much appreciated!

2. scrappy

scrappy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jan 7, 2005
    SWIMhad the same feeling after using ecstasy heavily first semester for around 2 months after stopping use. I'm not sure why it happened but I do know it went away.I havebeen 4 months sober and has no noticable memory effects other than memories not being complete. It it like all my memories are still in my brain they just aren't in the right spot. Like I'll remember a name and a phone number clear as day with the face of the person in mind. Then I'll realize that one of the three (name, # or face) doesn't match up with the others and put the memory back into it's original state. I am speculation this has to do with the Neurotoxicity of SWIM's brain after ecstasy. I read somewhere that ecstasy doesn't actually do brain damage but neurotoxifies (that a word?) or shifts your brain. This would explain why I have all my memories but they seem to be in a different place than they should be.

Sorry I don't feel like I've added much factual information as I don't know that much about neurotoxicity and the effects of ecstasy on the brain. I am just drawing conclusions from my experiences now that I've sobered up (I'll take ecstasy and other hard drugs again just I felt that I needed a 6 month or so break. Much easier to quit crack, cocaine and ecstasy addictions than I had originally anticipated.).
  3. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jan 5, 2005
    I suggest reading the chapter "Does MDMA Cause Brain Damage" by Matthey Baggott and John Mendelson M.D. in the book Ecstacy: The Complete Guide. The whole book is definately a must read, but this chapter should clarify some things for you.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_neurotoxicity1.sht mlEdited by: asystole
  4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    Jan 14, 2003
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Although, several research studies indicate that extensive use of XTC does harm the intelect, as far as I know neurotoxicity has not been shown. The study which showed neurotoxicity turned out to be a fraud of the US. They used Meth instead of MDMA in their study. A strange 'accident'. Yes, XTC use does affect cognitive abilities, but I highly doubt that using ecstasy a few times would do much harm. Exceptin casethe pills where polluted with a highly toxic substance. Permanent damage does not seem likely to me. You could research Smart Drugs to improve your cognitive abilities. I found that products like Memory Upgrade II and more from that productline have a good effect. Other than that taking good care of your body will do wonders.

Intensive and extensiveuse of E does seem to have a strong negative effect on memory. Some users refer to this as "Drug dementia"
  5. Toria

Toria Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 12, 2005
    IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!

Since the media has brain washed everyone to believe that using Ecstasy EVEN ONCE will permanently damage your memory etc.... Check out thedea.org, it has some really good arguments as to why E is not neurotoxic, and I believe it.

I've been using for about a year now, and if ANYTHING I feel smarter. For a while in the beginning I would do the same thing "omg I don't remember what I just read 2 seconds ago, must be the X!". Then I remembered I NEVER really remember things I read unless something clicks. You probably just don't remember that you had the same brain farts before you ever used.

You're fine, you're not an etard.
  6. hogg

hogg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Feb 23, 2005
    I find myself to be much more forgetful than I have been in the past. Mainly on my short term... and especially losing things... like keys..wallet...and cell phones. Although I have taken an obscene amount of E in my time....500+ pills.. easy. Perhaps Im not the best example to judge yourself from
  7. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 27, 2005
    from U.S.A.
    ive done E like 20 times and dont notice any difference in
    thinking. I have all MDMA rolls and pure molly so it could be
    another ingredient in the E that fucks with your brain or the MDMA i
    dono. I roll once a month maybe so its never too often.
  8. metalex86

metalex86 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jan 18, 2005

Thats really interesting, I'm doing a degree in Human Biology so i find books and journals like that very interesting.
  9. shneddi

shneddi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dec 31, 2004

yur same here , it does effect your memory