Does E fry your brain?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by junglist, Jan 30, 2005.

1. junglist

junglist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I started taking pills about three months ago - hadanight whenI drank and did some charlie and then dropped one, and then had a night about a month later where i drank and dropped 4. Then i dropped one the following week and dropped 2 about three weeks later.

I havnt had any since then (about a month), but now I get the feeling that my brain is fried - it feelstried and really fuzzy, takes me longer to think straight. Im not sure if just being paranoid but this is really getting to me.

Is this normal? and will it go away? im getting worried that ive fucked up my head for good - Im starting a new job in 2 weeks and think it will affect my performace etc.

Any help much appreciated

2. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Taking to much E will burn your body and mind out. Aside from depleting you seritonin supply, it definately takes a toll on your body. It's probably a good idea to limit use of E to about 1 or maybe 2 times a month.

3. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    You have done pills 4 times so its unlikely that the feeling you have is caused by that. If you do it every week for long periods of time then it will ahve that kind of effect but this usually goes away in time from my experiance. Drinking and doing coke with it wont help as well

4. FaTaLtHoUgHtS

FaTaLtHoUgHtS Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dude i feel so E-tarded right now! Too many pills last nite.....My brain deff needs some rest.....[​IMG]

5. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Im sure you will feel ok in a day or 2. I had afew pills last night but he had to go to work today and after he felt fine. If you go and have a run or something and force some food down, although they are 2 things that you really dont feel like doing you will feel better afterwards [​IMG]

6. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Eat a bunch of 5-htp, a bunch of multivitamins and eat plenty of fruit
    for a week. Also, get into shape if you're not, and are planning
    to drop more often.

Bottom line: You would be very unlucky to have fried your brain
    dropping 4 times. There has never been a case of some being
    allergic to mdma, nor is there ever likely to be. You may have
    taken some seriously different and dangerous shit from mdma, but you're
    not dead, so the chances are you will be fine.

Its all in your mind. Eat healthy, excercise, and pick yourself
    up. You will feel fine by the time the interview rolls around.

7. junglist

junglist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok thanks, sound advice - hopefullyim just being paranoid[​IMG]

8. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it has been hypothesised that taking mdma or its family members too often can cause neurotoxicity where the serotonin axon terminals burn out and are regrown abnormally and with varying degrees of stability. this has never been proven however as testing is now illegal in most countries under federal and constitutional law.

it is very unlikely that taking e just four times will have caused this fuzzy feeling, although the day after always feels a little bit rank as your serotonin levels take a beating. also, it may have something to do with taking charlie with it as these two drugs are not friends and are not supposed to be mixed, in an ideal world.

just see how it goes and if the feeling continues after taking e then maybe its just not the drug for you.

9. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    ive read in a trip report thst smoking hash as you comming down off your roll will help with the depleted seritonin levels..

10. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    E will not fry your brain. You just will feel a lil burnt out from rolling. Give it a couple days.

Smoking hash or cannabis has very little effect on your seratonin so it
    likely will not have to much effect other than getting you stoned.
    (which when coming down off of pills feels quite great)

11. FaTaLtHoUgHtS

FaTaLtHoUgHtS Newbie

Reputation Points:

Thats what i wanna hear!

12. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    no, smoking hash/cannabis has nothing to do with serotonin, but it removes you from the effects of a depleted level as it mellows you. that's why for people who comedown it's a really good idea.

13. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    MDMA hasn't been shown to be neurotoxic (i.e. cause brain damage) in humans. However, it has been shown to be slightly neurotoxic in rats. But if the rats were given fluoextine (prozac) after MDMA, there was no neurotoxic effect at all.

You'll also find that prozac will stop a comedown, prevent a hangover and stabalize your mood over the next few days. Other SSRIs (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors, a class of anti-depressants) like citalopram (Celexa) or sertraline (Zoloft) should have the same effect.

Also, vitamin A and vitamin D should protect against liver damage. Free radical deactivators will also prevent neurological damage (5-HTP, DMAE and alpha lipoic acid are good ones). Amino acids like L-tryptophan and DL-phenylalanine are also useful in thatrespect

14. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how often do you do cocaine?

if often then...that might be why you feel paranoid.

I have came to the conclusion that as you come down I say do some coke and it will ummm "kill" the tab. (tell me if SWIM's wrong so i can kik his ass! grrr)

but then again I am totally against downers and weed and liquor sooo. well exept synthetic but thats rare in these parts!

15. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I find that doing coke messes up the escstasy buzz, and not in a good way. But that's just me....

16. noeticbuzz

noeticbuzz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    However, it has been shown to be slightly neurotoxic in rats

I thought that the guy who did the rat study actually used methamphetamine instead of mdma?

17. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Bad News: I think originally, yes, the guy used Meth, although I think
    another study has been done since, where MDMA was used and slight
    neurotoxicity occured...

Good News: ... But its still recognised that Alcohol is more toxic.