Health - Does Ketamine do irreversable damage?

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by Regretamine, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Regretamine

Regretamine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Over the last year I has done alot of K, probably around 5-10 grams every week. I am trying to stop though now because he has really started to feel the damage it has done, for instance whole chunks of his memory seem to have gone which effects doing certain things because he's forgotten how to do them properly. Also his mind works alot slower. I am just wondering whether these problems are gonna be permanent, or will go away with time... Is there anyone here with enough experiance with Ketamine to tell me this? Thanks.

2. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    good news:
    I have used ketamine for quite some time, (using IM injection) nothing near your dosage but he felt memory problems and after about 1 month he was okay just like before doing k.

bad news:
    some say that using dissociatives cause a parmanent brain damage called olsen's lesions (which was not the case at least for me), but there is little proof.

overall:
    in my opinion You has a 90% chance of recovery. but it will take some time, I think You should wait at least 3 month for feeling better. I was very worried about himself (exactly like you) when he had memory problems but fortunately they seems not to be irreversable.

you, just be patient and stay clean, you will be okay. start today bro.

3. Niteflights

Niteflights Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    After a month of daily ketamine IM My test monkey exhibited significant cognitive impairment as well as all around lethargy. SWIM supplemented monkey with several neurotropics including hydergine, acetyl-carnitine, DMAE and piracetam as well as a good multi and generally avoided any psychoactives. After a couple months it seems monkey has returned to regular aptitude.

I have to take issue with the amount of information claiming ketamine has no significant neurotoxic properties, namely Karl Jansen's excellent book Ketamine: Dreams & Realities. Both personal experience and several acquaintances all confirm that routine ketamine use is very hard on the brain and cognitive capacity. The extreme cases result in noticeable retardation of otherwise normal individuals.

To bad otherwise this substance would be virtually perfect.

Cheers,
    Niteflights