1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Does Meth Burn Holes in your Lungs?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by babybear, Sep 20, 2004.

1. babybear

babybear

Reputation Points:
    In my area there is a rumor that crystal meth will start eating ur lungs away and eventually make u crazy. I know that after a few of days of not sleeping u will go a bit coo coo but does anyone really know the long term effects.

2. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Where do I start..... Smoking anything is deleterious to your lungs. Smoking speed will not burn your lungs in the traditional sense. The problem with speed and other illicit drugs that you smoke is "what is really in them?" They are made by underground cooks with very little regard for purity. In other words, you often do not know exactly what you are getting. Caveat emptor!

As far as going crazy. The overload of dopamine from the prolonged use of meth can and will cause psychosis. Usually just temporarily.

geeb

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Does Meth Burn Holes Ur Lungs

What is are the health effects on the lungs of smoking methamphetamine?

4. iFeaRNLoathiNg

iFeaRNLoathiNg Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    swim say's smoking meth is terrible, swim has popped many batches and never smoked meth (usually make .5 gram capsules, crystals causes irritation as they travel to the stomach, Dissolve the crystal in warm water, Wrap it in cigarette paper before swallowing it. every so often hit a line) Swiy has to burn away The acid before swiy inhales. Until the dope on the foil turns to oil. If swiy just fires up and starts hitting swiy would be inhaling Acid Smoke. (The same acid swiy would use to bubble with)So in conclusion if swiy inhales acid smoke, yes. Roof of mouth, Teeth, swiy wont be able to eat or swallow,(after a while) all kinds of bad shit. Swims don’t know about holes, but damage for sure.

5. muckvein

muckvein Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    What's the general consensus? is smoking it or IV administration more destructive, swIm personally suspects the latter to be the more detrimental of the two options as much as swIm dosn't want to.

6. renegades

renegades

Reputation Points:
    Smoking meth does not burn holes in your lungs. This is an old wives tale, just like swim should exhale as soon as she finishes inhaling so the Crystals won't rematerilize in the lungs is also folklore. Meth is water soluble so as soon as it hits your lungs, it becomes a liquid absorbed by the body. It is not that destructive to the lungs, but smoking it will get swim to the funny farm a lot faster then sniffing it.

7. tanz

tanz

Reputation Points:
    Swims sorry but what are you talking about? The only way swim can see the gear being adulterated with acid would be if one over acidified during titration. That being the case why would swiyou use or allow any gear to go out knowing that the gear has murry in it. All one has to do is clean with anhydrous acetone and that would clean that stuff right up.

8. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Smoking anything is bad on the lungs, however meth isnt smoke, its vapor still bad tho.

Does it burn holes in the lungs? SWIM doubts it but has seen no scientif evidance saying it doesnt.

SWIM only smokes.... its the only way for him, and has noticed 0 lung problems.

9. Swimster

Swimster Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    just to clear up:
    [​IMG]+HCl (acid portion)

this HCl, Sulfate, whatever end-peice needs to be attached to the end of the molecule to make it polar(water soluble), so it is friendly, or workable with th human body. When one flames meth HCl it first melts, than, secondly vaporizes into a gas(not burn!). think about a peice of ice: Room temp is too warm or hot for an ice-cube, so it melts to liquid, than, if one applies a flame heat(or similar) to the melted water it will than turn into "steam"(H20 gas)

just remember middle school -> solid->liquid->Gas
    and visa-versa. it usually goes in that order.

sorry for not posting on the topic of the "burn holes in lungs", i dont know.

10. tanz

tanz

Reputation Points:
    Interesting, however i believe the hcl he is talking about would have to be excess hcl. Once the hcl attaches to the molequle it turns it into a salt and enables it to be polar and is part of the molequle. When smoked it will not be acidic because the ph is 7. Many times unattentive cooks will over acidify during titration and neglect to wash it out of the product and that is what I am talking about.

11. Swimster

Swimster Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    ^^ok, understood.

although swim has never really worried about over-acidification, it has never really been a problem to him.

12. methMADMAN

methMADMAN Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Meth may not burn holes in your lungs but it sure can burn holes in your life, and maybe in your soul.

13. iFeaRNLoathiNg

iFeaRNLoathiNg Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well put.

14. LiLJay

LiLJay Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i think not but i heard that if you smoke meth like weed your lungs can freeze and you will die..is that possible?

15. old hippie 56

old hippie 56

Reputation Points:
    It will not freeze your lungs, might be thinking about huffing freon. One thing for sure is that smoking meth will burn a big hole in the wallet!

16. pride345

pride345 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    When SWIM smoked meth his first time, as soon as he exhaled he felt as though the meth was depositing on his lungs and a solid was stuck on his lungs. SWIM was coughing but it was like it had crystalised in my lungs and smoking meth did this. :S

SWIM is very unsure, but SWIM was a smoker and a weed smoker and an opium smoker at that time, so maybe that was to blame aswell. SWIM is unsure.

17. wanderingaimlessly

wanderingaimlessly Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim thinks it depends on the meth, and how it was made. Swim has smoked some that was very smooth and didn't bother his lungs,then had other stuff with a strong chemical taste,that left swims lungs feeling like they were on fire for days. But,like others said,it always burned a hole in swims wallet,and spiritual well being.

18. SmokeRings

SmokeRings

Reputation Points:
    SWIMS opinion is that if it hurts to smoke, especially if it makes you cough, it's bunk dope, period. If you do not produce a big ole white cloud of smoke and it hurts, it's not even close to being meth. SWIM knows that street meth in general is not pure at all, but there are certainly different levels of quality, even on the street.
    SWIM thinks if people really believe the myths and things like "crystalize on your lungs" that maybe drugs are not for you. Water soluable and vapor, not smoke should be understood, if it's not, do a little more homework before ingesting something as powerful as meth.

19. joes879

joes879 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    From wikipedia, if its any use:

"There is little evidence that methamphetamine inhalation results in greater toxicity than any other route of administration. Lung damage has been reported with long-term use, but manifests in forms independent of route (pulmonary hypertension and associated complications), or limited to injection users (pulmonary emboli)."

20. blackmourning11

blackmourning11 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    20 years ago i was snow coning meth on pot which burnt holes in my lungs.

the air was slowly escaping b4 becoming trapped within the chest cavities which eventually put pressure on my heart. Scary as hell.

blackmourning11 added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

btw, I dont smoke cigarettes

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011