Does poppy seed oil have enough morphine to cause an effect?

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by Burnt Mindedness, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Burnt Mindedness

Burnt Mindedness Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I was looking in to poopy seed tea. While doing my research I found that a wiki that says
    “[the oil] contains opium alkaloids such as morphine and codeine in quantities of up to 400 mg/L”

Does that mean poppy seed oil has enough morphine to actually cause an effect? Other then the quantity of oil you would have to consume. Is there any reason anyone knows why this shouldn’t be done? (I.e. Heavy metals, some poisonous alkaloid, etc).

Has anyone actually tried to use this before?

2. Cid Lysergic

Cid Lysergic Pill Popping, & Acid Dropping, Dope-Headed Guy Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Calgary, Alberta
    Well if the tea has an effect on people, I would presume that the oil would as well, right? I think of it like this: If weed is made into an oil, it is much more potent. So why wouldn't the same apply to a different plant, ie Opium?

3. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Go try some and report back to us. That would be a far more interesting thread.

4. la fee brune

la fee brune Turd Kicker Titanium Member Sponsor

Reputation Points:
    from Cowtown
    Is morphine very lipid soluble? I didn't think it was.

Otherwise, we'd have a forum full of poppy butter recipes.

5. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Got diamonds in the soles of my shoes! Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    68 y/o from Foothills of Arizona
    Apparently it is, Perro. If you go to the main Wikipedia, you can learn quite a bit about how it is made and what it is used for. The write-up says that it is edible, but says nothing about using it for "attitude enhancement..."

It is sold freely online, mostly for cooking. All the sites I looked at said something like, "Poppy seeds have no narcotic properties. The fluid in the bud that becomes opium is not present once the seeds are fully formed."

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  6. Burnt Mindedness

Burnt Mindedness Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Well I’ve been doing some math which I wish I did before if you if you could find some that actually has 400mg/L that would be 4mg/10ml. When I started using morphine I would use 20-40mg so it would take 50ml for that much. Which is is like 1/5th - 2/5th if a cup. Which I guess you could do if you wer desperate but more then likely your body Would reject it.

Wish I could just try some. I quit that stuff years ago.

7. that_guys_an_ass

that_guys_an_ass Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    no, I don't believe there is morphine in poppy oil. if you let your seeds sit in water after washing them the water will go cloudy white from the oils leaking out. I tried it once with no narcotic effect. Hopes that helps.