1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Question - Does ritalin show on drug test?

Discussion in 'Drug testing Questions' started by tupac187, Aug 15, 2009.

1. tupac187

tupac187

Reputation Points:
    Swim has a drug test to take does ritalin show up on it?....If so how long does it take ritalin to clear swim's system?

2. Hollow Hippie

Hollow Hippie Silver Member

Reputation Points:
  3. tupac187

tupac187

Reputation Points:
    If it is tested for if swim drinks alot of water and exercises more will it shorten the detection time?

4. Hollow Hippie

Reputation Points:
    They will not test for it unless a specific test has been called for methylphenidate. Drinking excess water will merely dilute the urine which will tip off the people testing your urine that you were drinking more water and they will lower the testing cut offs (the levels at which the drug is tested for).

5. jok3r

jok3r Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    when swim got d.t.ed amphetamines came up in his urine. He had taken ritalin recreationally the day before because he too believe it didn't come up on a dt, but swim was taking to a lab at a hospital, and help there until the results showed. court ordered.

6. tupac187

tupac187

Reputation Points:
    swim don't know if it helps, think it is 5-panel drug test

7. Hollow Hippie

Reputation Points:
    Methylphenidate is not tested for on a standard 5 drug test, although anecdotal reports suggest it could trigger a false positive for amphetamine/methamphetamine.

8. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    ritalin (methylpehidate) is very closely related to amphetamine, and it seems like it's in a "grey zone". Not sure if it's different enough to not be considered amphet, but it's something swim wouldn't risk unless verified that it won't trigger a pannel. As for cleaning out the system, niacin is the fastest way and is great for pannel 8 tests (or below). Drinking a shitload of water or anything that makes swiy piss a lot would help too. Coffee has swim pissin 10 min. after a cup, and a cup an hour would have swim constantly going. Sweating it out is also a great way to help clean out the system. Without these methods, as long as you're not a steady user and is on for a couple days, then off for an equal or longer time, it should take roughly 2-3 days. For the "chronic" user, roughly 5.

9. tupac187

tupac187

Reputation Points:
    If drinking more water won't help, will increasing exercise till test help.....

10. Hollow Hippie

Reputation Points:
    Do you have citations for these claims? Sounds akin to those quackery cleansers that are sold by new age tards.

11. tupac187

tupac187

Reputation Points:
    swim has heard drink oj helps with amphetamines, would that help with ritalin?

12. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    drinking water WILL help, more than exercise. Its just some drinks make people piss more. What drink makes you piss the most is up to your body's chemestry, and is different for everyone. The combo of the two is obviously best

13. Hollow Hippie

Reputation Points:
    But how exactly does drinking liquid speed up the metabolization of a drug? Sorry if I am ignorant, I've just heard this every time someone talks about a drug test, but I never see an actual reference for it.

14. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    This is from personal experience. The coffe is just an example that works for swim, so he'd imagine that there's someone else that's the same. As for working out, I don't have any specific citations for exercise, but just the general loss of fluids should help, and although this isn't about marijuana, burning fat would help make it less detectable. If this logic is flawed, please by all means let me know and I'll correct previous posts and all.

In a piss test, they test for drugs that have been in the bloodstream. Piss is basicly bad blood, and drugs go from bloodstream, to liver, and turned into piss. By drinking fluids this both dilutes the drug by decreasing the amount of drugs vs. other stuff in your piss. As for the metabolization part, liquids pretty much skip the stomach and go strait to the intestines where it's absorbed into the bloodstream. By increasing the amount of fluid intake, the body replaces the good with the bad. Since it can only hold so much, it pushes out the bad faster to make room for the good. I'm not too keen on the metabolization process and how it increases the amount of work the body does to rid the bad, but I've found this to be true, since the more you drink the more you piss, and it just makes enough sense to not do any more research.

And don't worry about you're ignorance, I'm glad I have the oppertunity to share knowlage, and it makes my day knowing that what I know has been used to help someone else!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  15. Hollow Hippie

Reputation Points:
    No, I don't think the logic is flawed, I am just curious to where this comes from. Thanks for the input.

16. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm sure there's a little something that's a little out of whack and me pointing this out was mainly for other members to correct me. Haha, don't feel bad, I'm learning too! But I honestly don't mind people asking why and questioning my knowlage, and I try to make sure it doesn't sound argumental, and I appriciate the thank you!

17. MisterV

MisterV Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    AS SWIM posted in another of your threads (you should stop starting so much threads about the same question in different forum areas) taking some ascorbic acid and drinking sour juices will help to clean out the ritalin of the system. The amount of the "pissed" out products depends on the pH of the urin. If SWIY has a high pH some parts of the substance goes back in your body and the detoxing will be slowed down!
    SWIM read this for amphetamines and the relation to ritalin makes it possible to work there as well.

18. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    amphetamines are broken down in the stomach more quickly when the stomach has a high PH. This helps with it kicking in faster, and adversly (I assume) leaving a little quicker as well. OJ or other citric drinks might help enzymes in the liver filter things out more efficiently as well, but, not totally sure

19. MisterV

MisterV Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM thinks that the thread starters friend is already out of the stomach phase! If he now wants to speed up the detoxing he should probably try the ascorbic acid or citric juice trick. If he wants even with some sweaty workout!

20. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Just discribing the process for other readers, and skipping shit like this can leave people confused, you'd be surprised lol