Does swiy think "long term" about usage

Discussion in 'The euphoric body' started by pankreeas, Dec 22, 2006.

1. pankreeas

pankreeas Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    99 y/o
    pretty straight forward here.. curious as to how often You stops to think about the long term effects of their experimental drug use / combinations. Do things like shortened life and "down the road" side effects make one think twice about ones choice of lifestyle/hobbies? Swim often has mixed emotions about it.. some days he doesn't care how short his life will be due to any factors of his lifestyle because he enjoys it too much, and manages it very well and has done what he feels to be suficed harm management research to avoid major mistakes. But then other days he will delay a chosen trip/experience because of the anxiety he gets thinking about what he's doing to himself.

1. 4/5,
      Good point, well presented.
      Dec 22, 2006
  2. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Good question, When I am high she doesn't even think about it, when she isn't high but craving the craving usually outweighs the thoughts of negative consequence.

One theory I have on methamphetamine (and other stimulant) use is that..... lets say person X uses methamphetamine for 20 years of their life, and during this time person X only sleeps every second night. If person X lives to age 60, they really have a life experience of a person who is 70 due to all those nights of missed sleep counting as extra days in Person X's life. If that makes sense?

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I need to watch out for his drinking habits. That's his main worry right now. Compared to a lot of his friends, he's not a very heavy drinker but in Ireland it's difficult not to start developing a beer belly. SWIM's not at that stage yet but he might be on the wrong path. As for other drugs, I have no concerns. He smokes pot when he can but doesn't really dabble in anything too dangerous.

4. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    LOL Nice logic.

I guess it's similar to the idea of who wants to live to 100 if your life is boring?

I do keep in mind long term usage issues and so never allows himself to forget about responsible substance use.

As they say, the poison is in the dosage.

5. darawk

darawk Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I do think about these things quite often, however I use drugs largely for curiosity's sake, and I have the rather unhealthy habit of almost always allowing his curiosity to trump his sense of self-preservation.

However, I also take a lot of supplements designed to preserve his health as well as possible.

6. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know that if he continues his smoking habit he is going to have a shorter life span. but at his age, it's just hard to comprehend growing old and dying. and his DXM "abuse" may kill a few synapses or two as well. he'll probably quit smoking and taking drugs altogether when he gets older and the "OMG I'm mortal" mode starts up in him.