1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Purity - Does the Acidity of Black Tar Heroin Break Down Crack on its Own? (For IV Speedball)

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by dyingtomorrow, Jan 25, 2013.

1. dyingtomorrow

dyingtomorrow Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the acidity of Black Tar Heroin is enough to break down Crack Cocaine on its own,

- OR -

Whether you still need to add some kind of acid (i.e. Citric) to break it down while mixing with Black Tar Heroin, for the purposes of a speedball?

Thank you

2. Frmrjunkie

Frmrjunkie Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Does the Acidity of Black Tar Heroin Break Down Crack on its Own? (For IV Speedba

Hi dyingtomorrow :)

Speed balling was never my thing, but a lot of my fellow using buddies did it with redi-rock & black tar. They needed to add some citric to the crack rock in order to break it down. It would make sense that bth would already be acidic enough, but I guess it isn't.

Off tangent & likely not necessary as crack is full of it already...if you add a slight sprinkle of baking soda to your tar, it will help preserve your veins. It won't do magic & make it clean, but it will help slightly.

Best regards...be safe

3. Solinari

Solinari Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Does the Acidity of Black Tar Heroin Break Down Crack on its Own? (For IV Speedba

I would expect it is especially if you're already adding bicarb as it is which would lower the acidity but still allows it to dissolve in water.

Frmrjunkie seems to say it isn't so I'd go with that if he's seen it before. Worth a try though right?

4. flowertongue666

flowertongue666 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I had to add lemon juice (NOT RECOMMENDED- I was a poor junkie!) when trying that combination. It works, but you get pulp in your cotton (yuck). I had no success with just the two, which is what sent me to the fridge to find something acidic.

I found it better to get everything ready to smoke the rock, setting it nearby, and then taking the shot (if it wasn't of unknown purity which would require titrating the dose slowly, or a huge volume of liquid which might damage veins). I would try to hit the pipe before the heroin hit.

Also, there wasn't the same 'synergy' as with a speedball, (if you can call it that), more like the two fighting it out for synaptic dominance. And I always got into trouble chasing the crack comedown with heroin and then getting more coke and then needing more heroin and then getting more coke....

-peace

5. On The Nod

On The Nod Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I pinned some Crack 2night- Such a wierd high aint it?

Everything goes uper loud and you feel you're gonna die the whole way through it, feels so wrong but so Right :laugh:

Had a speedball, well H hardly effects me these days, so it was really like just pinning Crack but lol it's just such a f*cked up high- straight up wrong but yea lovely at the same time :eek:

2 answer you're Question- Try it!*shrugs indifferently :)*