1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Snorting - does the throat absorb?

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by nitrogen, Jun 18, 2010.

1. nitrogen

nitrogen Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    this is a question swims been wondering for a long time and never asked, does the throat absorb cocaine when snorting?

2. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Indeed it does, that's why it goes numb if you don't swallow

3. Kotton Morrison

Kotton Morrison

Reputation Points:
    I'm not entirely sure but i don't think so, what i have been told is that if you feel it in/on your throat it has gone to far. But i'm almost 100% sure that is not as efficient at adsorbing than your nasal cavities. What swim usually does is he feels it on his throat is try and get it into his mouth/ on tongue where he can try and gum it.

4. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Of course it will absorb in your throat. You can eat cocaine and get high. It's cocaine HCl, a water soluble form, which will dissolve in the moisture in your body and absorb throughout your insides. Never felt your throat go numb from a drain? If so, this is your throat absorbing the cocaine. The mouth or nose may absorb better, I'm not sure, but cocaine definitely absorbs all the way down, and even in your stomach, if it makes it that far..

5. nitrogen

nitrogen Silver Member

Reputation Points:

you mean if you do swallow?

also yea swim tries to keep it in the nose for like just under 5 min before letting it drip

yea another thing, swim totally forgot about the throat getting numb hahaha, obviously it does absorb

6. User-126494

User-126494

Reputation Points:
    As all has stated, yes it does absorb just as other mucous membranes will. The problem with the throat is that it will be taken down to the stomach by saliva and loose mucous. The further down, the more quickly it will move into the stomach.

Any which makes it to the stomach will then be subject to hydrolozation and secondary metabolism in the liver which will render it about 30% available out of whatever makes it into the stomach.

A note of caution and the throat. SWIY should remember that cocaine is a powerful local anesthetic and causing numbness in the throat can be dangerous if SWIY is eating food. Poorly chewed food or sharp objects like potato chips could cause small tears in the esophagus and can be quite painful once the anesthetic effects have worn off and SWIY tries eating again later.

So, SWIY might not feel it, but there could be damage being done by eating food with a numb throat. Just remember grandma's advice to always chew your food plenty of times before swallowing. Nacho cheese Doritios have sharp edges, you know...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  7. alluzia

alluzia Newbie

Reputation Points:
    not a rush freak not my way i pre ferr downers but most def boy does