Does this sound like excessive gbl use

Discussion in 'GHB' started by poison1981, Feb 6, 2007.

1. poison1981

poison1981 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim finished a 125 bottle of gbl in exactly 1 month

Does this sound excessive? so far no bad experiences

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That does sound like a decent amount to be taking. How often has You been taking it and has he experienced any negative side effects or notice adverse effects on his lifestyle? It seems like it would be hard for that much drug consumption to not have an effect, though I amn't experienced enough with GBL to really be able to say. Also is You taking it recreationally or for insomnia treatment purposes?

3. poison1981

Reputation Points:
    also keep in mind I has not touched any other drugs the past month (NOT even weed or booze!)

4. poison1981

Reputation Points:
    swim just does it after work while at a friends house or at home relaxing or at a party (instead of booze) measures it with a dropper carefull not to od....

it cant get into my life because swim works 45 hours a week

5. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    SWIM and his wife go through 125ml of GBL after it has been converted to GHB in about two weeks and that is evening only use as well so for one person to do 125ml in one month is about the same. I get 250ml of GBL and does two 125ml conversions in a month but doesn't order the next lot until it is all finished to make sure that there is at least a one week break inbetween.

Research tends to point to dependency and withdrawal issues only after a sustained period of 24/7 dosing.

6. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    SWIM usually buys 50mls of GBL at a time and it is gone within 2-3 days. I don't do it often anymore but when she does she just keeps drinking it till its gone - stopping each night for a 6-8 hour sleep. Like Mr G said, dependency and withdrawal usually only occur when a person drinks it 24/7 over a period of time. Though after 3 doses I find she experiences dopamine rebound and so keeps drinking until she sleeps (sleeping pills used to sleep) and wakes up feeling refreshed.