Opinions - Does tolerance develop faster by injecting than snorting?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by opiates, Apr 18, 2005.

1. opiates

opiates Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    i have a few questions for heroine users on here. i just recently picked up the habit of booting my dope. i was wondering if you grow tolerance quicker from shooting than snorting. im shooting about half a bag of some good shit but im not getting as high as i did the first few times. im thinking im doing something wrong any ideas? Edited by: opiates

2. daaarkminion

daaarkminion Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You build up a tolerance very very quickly when you shoot up, because you're getting more of the drug into you with less drug wasted than when you snort or smoke it. As such, more drug equals more tolerance, quicker. The only thing you'll do wrong is the whole junkie scenario, shooting up more and more to get the same effect, then bam, you're a junkie. In the meantime, if you just wait for a good week or so before shooting again, your tolerance should go down, assuming you aren't a really regular user. That's just my speculation though....I've only shot a handful of times, and I know that over a couple-day stint my tolerance has already begun to build, but I haven't gotten around to shooting up again (it's about three weeks later) to see if I still have a lingering tolerance.

3. goingfast247

goingfast247 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    All i can say is tolerance sucks. When i first starting slamming i got a hella rush everytime. The rush started decreasing until finally iI wouldn't feel it at all. i would even do huge shots trying to get that cough or taste, but no use. I think my man and i have FOUND A SOLUTION! And i want to shout it from the rooftops. We have discovered that after injecting, if u hold the needle in your arm for a few seconds insteads of pulling it out immediately the rush was back. Hope anyone who is hating their tolerance reads and it works for them to, u can thank me later

4. Purrsephone13

Purrsephone13 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A long time ago, (in a land far far away)- when there was a big heroin draught, we met up with some IV'ers, and we were only able to acquire so little, that we thought it best to IV it, not enough to smoke. Finally we found a supply. So we went down the street and threw all the rigs away. The next day, I snuck back to see if I could find it in there to get back, and who did I find already INSIDE searching the dumpster, but the other two guys who had thrown theirs away too!!

Point of the story??? Yes, shooting does raise your tolerance, and smoking it is never the same!!

5. xArSoNx

xArSoNx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes i agree with the others that shooting is a whole different level of administration...snorting and smoking are not putting the drug directly into your blood stream so not as intense and much more slow of an onset.. shooting raises the tolerance much faster and like the others said nothing is the samd after