1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Storing - Does unused meth have a shelf life?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by brooklynRocks, Jan 9, 2012.

1. brooklynRocks

brooklynRocks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    My ex (the mother of my child) had been acting more and more erractically until she had our doctor call CPS when she took our son in for a checkup. They thought she was schizophrenic.

When she knew she was caught she finally fessed up to her latest meth use. I think she is still lying about the extent of use and where the meth came from.

She claims that she kept some meth from about 5 years ago when she kicked. She said she moved it to our latest residence and that's what she used and never used my money to buy any meth. Does this make sense at all? Can you keep unused meth for over 5 years and does it still have any potency? Thanks in advance for your experience and help.

2. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    meth would last 5 years stored properly. Easily, I do think your wife is lying out her ass though... no stim junky could just keep meth hangin around IMO

3. brooklynRocks

brooklynRocks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Thanks. I think pretty much everything she says is a lie these days. I was just wondering about the shelf life issue.

4. cloud_nine

cloud_nine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    It totally sounds like a lie an addict would make up to cover up the fact that she's been buying it again and most likely with your money. It could be possible,i suppose, that she managed to store some but realistically this scenario seems very unlikely. If someone is trying to kick a habit they don't normally save some and leave it untouched for 5 years.
    Also,letting meth sit for that amount of time would effect the potency of it if i'm not mistaken.

5. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    amphetamines are pretty damn stable, especially in cool dry conditions

6. DCskate

DCskate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    possible but impossible to resist

7. Kingsponky

Kingsponky Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Let speak on the subject of resisting the urge first.
    I put my buddy down for three years and had an ounce in my possession when I decided to quit. I held onto it so that I would to consciously make the decision to remain clean every single day. I kept it for three years and finally chose to start using again in a more responsible way. Would I suggest keeping a substance that your trying to stop using on hand? No, but it worked for me and I believe that it helped me to develop the willpower control my usage.

Do I believe your baby momas story?
    I honest don't but anything is possible.

8. titaniumhunter

titaniumhunter Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Clean and properly made crystal methamphetamine hydrochloride is hygroscopic & will eventually turn into a puddle in humid conditions but if stored clean & dry it should remain good way past 5years. Less pure meth may be variable depending on what contaminants there are. Impurities in meth from inferior cooking cooking, poor separation of products &/or cutting with MSM, epsom salts, etc. would decrease self life.

If she was acting like a schizophrenic, I would guess that she just didn't just come across an old stash, but that she has been using heavily & or regularly for some time now. I could be wrong but it's been my experiance that is takessignificant abuse [amount/duration/quality] to build up to schizophrenic-like behavior [unless of course one already was] and not just a binge or two.

So no, doesn't make sense to me.

9. PattyC

PattyC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Me2. 4 years in a cabinet. When I did use it, it seemed stronger. Though probably just tolerance. So can we conclude that this drug keeps as good as MDMA? KingSponkey and Myself are real world examples of the drug not loosing potency.