1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Dogs Can't Smell Pills, Right?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Unsolved, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsolved

Unsolved Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Yeah I was just curious of police dogs were capable of smelling e pills or any pills in general? they must give off some smell.

2. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from guam
    Well, MDMA has a very beautiful taste and probablysmell. Haven't heard about dogs smelling pills, though. I think that if they are well packaged, it would be impossible for dog to smell it. It's not weed after all.

3. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
    Found this on a "Sniffer dogs" website (and not just one)

"Passive drug dogs are trained to detect the following :
    Cannabis Resin & Herbal, Heroin, Cocaine, Amphetamine, Ecstasy (MDMA)
    All derivatives of the above substances"

From a few minutes googling, this seems to be the standard range of drugs dogs are trained to detect. They are also trained to detect explosives and ammunition. Interestingly some dogs are also used for detecting ivory.

4. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from gaza_strip
    at swims country of origin there was a team that was trained to smell sassy,since most of the mdma (that was produced in that time period) produced was from dirt cheap bulk sassy. twas a big hit for the transporters cos it actually worked..a very small task force managed to take down a lot of people( that werent w them,long live the coruption,lol).
    but hey then piperonal route was employed...bee smart an keep it outta the hands of mafia and LE...sorry ranting

5. a-SalviaLover

Reputation Points:
    Male from guam
    If it is well packaged I don't see a way to be smelled. It just has to be really well packaged if it is in larger quntities (how I wish to have larger quantities of this, but have nothing for the moment :( )

6. Unsolved

Unsolved Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Yeah thanks for the interesting responses. So it is possible for a dog to smell mdma. However it would most likely happen in a moderate quanity instead of having a pill or two somewhere.

7. OiledMandible

OiledMandible Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    As a general rule don't bring any kind of drug around a drug sniffing dog. Those things have an absolutely insane sense of smell. It would not at all surprise me if they could smell one pill.

8. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I would say dont take the chance, its not at all worth what consequences could come of it.

9. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    There are VERY VERY few MDxx trained dogs in the US, and as for the UK, the situation is the same :)

Those that are trained however, would be able to smell one locked in a bottle at the bottom of a bath tub.

10. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Carry a bottle of Visine filled with Bitch-In-Heat scent. Spray this on the little old lady in front of you in line. And don't carry anything illegal nonetheless.

11. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    lol!

Yeah, with this thread I have it in my head that someone is going abroad with pills. Dont do it.

12. Unsolved

Unsolved Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    No nothing like that I assure you. I was just always curious about the capabilities of police sniffing dogs and if there was any safe zone.

13. xpr´k

xpr´k Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    dogs can be trained to pick up on any kind of drug that has an odor. Seeing as MDMA has quite a strong one any dog trained for it will have no problem with catching you. A simple baggy wont save you, if you wanna hide a smell you have to store in something completely airsealed. Most plasticks arent, glass could do the trick but you also have to make sure nothing that has been in contact with mdma comes in contact with the outside of the container. Sniffer dogs are sensitive enough to detect traceammounts of the stuff. Ive got a friend who works in law enforcement and he says those are scary when it comes to detecting a sent.
    Btw Nanogog2 , that little bitch in heat trick wont work. Those dogs are trained to give a specific signal only in the case of drugs. Even if something different sets em off there responce wont be the same as when they smell drugs. Usually they just go sit by your leg looking all 'look what i did, wheres my cookie'. Frantic barking or leghumping means something else :) .

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    Male
    <empties Visine bottle...drat!>.....

15. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Hypothetically if you put said drug in a bag, covered it in candle wax then sumerged it in a shampoo bottle could they still smell it? are they that good?

16. Cure20

Cure20 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o Male from Canada
    How come nobody has pointed out that the title of this thread is "Pills Can't Smell Dogs, Right?" but everyone is talking about the dogs smelling the pills.
    j/k.................

LOL

17. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I think the title is perfectly appropriate for the gravity of this thread.

18. Nagognog2

Nagognog2

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I'm the one who changed the thread title. I was playing with some of the new software we have behind the scenes. Decided this was better and left it. So sue me.

19. glorf

glorf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    the dogs do not smell the salts of drugs such as X themselves, these are non-volatile. obviously street drugs are impure, so this is a moot point, but it had to be said eventually. what the dogs are actually trained to smell are the usual impurities with the various drug salts. whether or not one can clean up your drugs as to make them undetectable, i guess that this is between you and your dog.

making ampules from glass tubing is easy. boiling a washed, sealed ampule in a solution of an oxidizer such as CrO3 or H2O2/H2SO4 might solve problems, as long as you scrub up before you touch it again.

20. a-SalviaLover

Reputation Points:
    Male from guam
    Yes they don't smell MDMA but the trace amounts of sassafras (at least that's what I think). But if you pack it in a well isolated plastic bag and then put it in a thermus, which is filled with coffee, no one will ever notice. The dogs can't smell anything, because the odor of cofee is far stronger. However, it is really dangerous to bring drugs abroad. If it is not intended for saling, you'd better not take them with you. It wouldn't be so hard to find yourself where you are going to. Unless you are going to Bulgaria, here is full of pills but they usually contain stimulant amphs - meth, fenethylline, 4-MAR. MDMA is really hard to find (at least in my region).

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.