doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by anonymous07, Dec 19, 2005.

1. anonymous07

anonymous07 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have smoked fairly consistently, about every day or so, for the past month and a half, and has smoked atleast once a week for a few months. today, he decided to read up on various websites about alternatives to smoking, due to his sore throat.

SWIM ends up deciding to make pot/peanut butter sandwich. he put (what i would assume to be around a nick, i dont know about grams and such) onto peanut butter covered bread slices. he heated for about 20 minutes at 300 degrees. after eating the snack, he waited...and waited to no avail. here he sits, 2 1/2 hours later, and not even a tiny buzz. what did he do wrong, if anything?

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    First of all, eating cannibas will not produce the same kind of high you're waiting for. It's a much differant high than smoking it. It's a much deeper body high.

Next, you're not using very much weed, and not effectively absorbing it into the butter. THC is fat soluable, but the method you're using won't absorb much of the thc at all. Also, you will lose much of the thc in digestion.

Here's what swim recomends you do -

Take about 1 tablespoon of grinded up nugs. (or 5 tablespoons of trim) Place the weed into a pot with 2 cups of water and 1 cup of butter. (real butter.) Bring to a boil, and let simmer for 1 hour. Now pour the melted butter/water through a coffee filter to strain out the herb grindings. Next place the hot melted butter/water into a dish and place in the freezer. In a couple hours, the water and butter will seperate into 2 layers. The water layer will be brown and ice, and the butter layer will be green butter. Break off the ice layer, and put the butter layer in your butter dish. Now you can use the butter anyway your normally would.

this is good quality butter that is very simple to do. swim recomends spreading a teaspoon of the butter onto toast and topped with sugar and cininmon. :)

3. anonymous07

anonymous07 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    sounds great, but I have a parent problem. he cant have any scent of marijuana being produced, and cant have it take too much time.

idea: put some pot into a cup. fill with boiling liquid (1/2 milk, 1/2 water) and let sit for an hour. drink and (if possible) down the weed that was in the cup.

would that get someone fairly high? i understand the high would be different, but I didnt experience anything at all with his peanutbutter sandwich incident.

4. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A parent problem? How old are you? When you no longer have a parent problem, give it a try. For now, I would recomend either waiting until you are of age if that is the problem or wait until you are not in your disaproving parents home.

didn't feel anything cause you didn't use enough weed, most likely. the method you used with penut butter will absorb very little thc, especially with such a little ammount of weed. what was absorbed was probably destroyed in digestion.

the butter method I gave you will work, and once you no longer have a parent problem, you should give it a try.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  5. anonymous07

anonymous07 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    actually, im in college right now, i just live at home to save money.

but thanks for the tip.

6. Caliform

Caliform Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I wouldn't go gulping down your own mixture of butter and weed before it's finished, though. I think you could get sick. I did! ;)

7. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    try chopping it rediculously finely and putting it in a quesadea with a lot of cheese.