Donation pledges

Discussion in 'About Drugs-Forum.com' started by Motorhead, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    Yup ill be tossing a coupla bucks in when i can afford it. On a side note, the boys over at MAP have been having server problems the last couple of weeks. Ive been getting timed out quite regularly. Starting to piss moto off....rrrrrrr.

2. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Ditto to moto. Even though I don't post a lot here, I wouldn't mind donating a few bucks to the forum when I have some to spare. God knows what else I'd waste the money on.

3. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I'll put in my 5. Let's do it.

4. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I am in as well.Can he send any money by bank transfer to you Alfa?
    You live in The Netherlands as well do you?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  5. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I got $5 on it... :D

6. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Bank transfer is not possible. Cash by mail and Western Union are possible atm. I'm working on other options.
    I'm looking into E-Gold: They have really gone out of their way to make their user agreement as hard to read as possible.

Edit: Donation details can be found here: Donating to drugs-forum. Credit cards are accepted.
    Donation discussion can be found here: Running Expenses & donation discussion

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
  7. Ant-Man

Ant-Man Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You let me know the where and when, and I'll be more than happy to kick in. Those who can afford a little and those who can afford alot, I love this site and will do all I can to keep it going.

8. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    set up the paypal and i would love to donate.

9. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    that i will do

10. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    since i dont think everyone will approve if i make a flaming thread ill say it here: DONT BE A BUNCH OF FREELOADING PUSSYASS BITCHES!. thank you.
    (pssst mods dont even thing of deleting this post, its boobie-trapped! mmwahahahaha)

11. Lunar Loops

Lunar Loops Driftwood Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Well SWIS tried, but money did not reach destination...never have been too happy with sending cash in the post. Some Irish or dutch postal worker has had a few free beers. :mad:

12. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Registered mail will be no problem. Most other donations where by normal post shipments and did arrive.

13. Lunar Loops

Lunar Loops Driftwood Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Yes, SWIS wishes registered mail had been used and will try such some time soon.

14. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim can possibly help with some of the hardware, as i will be getting a new comp. soon (if funds allow). I can check things out and if i find something of some value to you i will send you a PM. This is a big maybe, first the roomate needs to aprove it. If not you can expect some cash donation instead.

15. Myzrael

Myzrael Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    removed

Last edited: May 5, 2010
    1. 2/5,
      a bad attitude, only cares about sources forum!!!
      Jun 21, 2006
  16. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Alfa, set up Paypal mate please, that way you should get some more cash. Ill donate by western union if i have to but it is a pain in the ass.

17. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    western unions charges are a pain in the ass... they usually charge swim about 10-20% of his wire transfer which can really add up, i would be more inclined if paypal were offered but i do plan to donate regardless in the near future.

18. rocco_blitz

rocco_blitz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am going to danate round the first of august,reason for this being so dalayed I has no income at the moment,has been off work since May 8,2006 due to 2 hernias which he had to have surgery for.So when swim gets back to work he will donate a nice donation,swim loves this site and is on it everyday almost all day since I am not working.Swim thinks that this is the best one on the net,and when you receive swims donation you will realize how much he enjoys it........................

19. VincentVan

VincentVan Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    I would be happy to make a modest contribution but I´m a bit wary of using a credit card. Among other reasons also because I don´t want my bank manager to see that I´m making payments to DF.
    Is´nt there some way that can guarantee anonimity and do not involve credit cards and credit card´s numbers?
    What about mail transfers?

You also mentioned that you could also be intrested in some hardware. What exactly are you interested on? My current employer ( one of them) regularly donates not so old PCs and office stuff to an NGO that fix them up and then sends them to schools and institutions in the poor countries.
    For tax deducting reasons in fact, for danish business is more convenient to buy new hardware than to repair it when it´s broken.
    Recently I took home a very nice projector that after some minor repairs is doing a fine job again.
    If sometimes there is some gadgets (not too fancy) that are needed, let the members know and maybe someone will be in the position to contribute.
    Maybe you could start a thread called something like "what the forum needs at the moment".

One last thing : can´t you assemble a server from some old hard drives?
    I made one for home use just to be able to share TV , movies, music , photos etc from the different PCs/TVscreens around the house and to access my files from a remote location.
    Of course my needs are very limited but it works beautifully.
    Are you having bandwidth problems?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  20. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I rarely leave the house and pay everything through internet banking, is that possible?

Tags: